20 weeks

Simple question. Is setting the limit at 20 weeks for a voluntary abortion a reasonable limit? That is 5 MONTHS.
There is less than a 50% survival rate at 20 weeks. Delaying the procedure past 20 weeks increases the danger to the mother and raises additional ethical consideration since the chances of survival of the child is much greater. I think 20 weeks is a good cut off point except in exceptions cases.

Why does a rape victim need more time to decide to abort?

First off all you come across as un sensitive to a person that has been raped? Let alone making a decision to keep it. What age was this raped victim? That can range from 9 years old and up?

PS - I am new here, last time I tried this site I got called names, so please let me dip my toes in the pool first to see if it's cold or not.

+2 to welcome you.

Thank - you. I appreciate that.

I think 12 weeks is reasonable, unless there is health issues or rape involved.

Why does a rape victim need more time to decide to abort?

First off all you come across as un sensitive to a person that has been raped? Let alone making a decision to keep it. What age was this raped victim? That can range from 9 years old and up?

PS - I am new here, last time I tried this site I got called names, so please let me dip my toes in the pool first to see if it's cold or not.

It is simple. There needs to be cut off date and there simply is no logical reason that a person NO MATTER the circumstances that got them pregnant needs more time to decide, In fact if the argument is they were raped so have cause then the decision should be sooner not later.

Unless you can provide a medical or Mentally appropriate reason why exactly should a rape victim need MORE time to decide then any other woman?

20 weeks has always been mine line in the sand, but it comes with the addition rule that the matter was dropped forever.

Forum List

Back