20 weeks

On the American system? Because if so, that would be the day you found out. ;)

I will explain it, the American way of measuring pregnancy goes from the day of your last period, other countries go from when you most likely conceived. In America they say you are pregnant 40 weeks on average, but in reality it is about 38 weeks.

Simple question. Is setting the limit at 20 weeks for a voluntary abortion a reasonable limit? That is 5 MONTHS.

I think 12 weeks is reasonable, unless there is health issues or rape involved.

question, when they say 'you're pregnant' you could have been preggie for, what 3-4 weeks already? (why I said 4 months)

I found out a week after my missed period, I was technically pregnant only for about two and half weeks......By their standard 4 1/2 to 5 weeks. I think you can figure out where and when and if you want an abortion by 12 weeks.

I will explain it, the American way of measuring pregnancy goes from the day of your last period, other countries go from when you most likely conceived. In America they say you are pregnant 40 weeks on average, but in reality it is about 38 weeks.

holy shit that never occurred to me, thank you.

When I was pregnant I was obsessed with reading everything about pregnancy. It was before I joined here, so I spent my internet time looking up stuff about when you would most likely have a boy, how long you really are pregnant etc.
I had a boy, so therefore I probably conceived the day I ovulate or the day after. You wanted to know that right?

When I was pregnant I was obsessed with reading everything about pregnancy. It was before I joined here, so I spent my internet time looking up stuff about when you would most likely have a boy, how long you really are pregnant etc.
I had a boy, so therefore I probably conceived the day I ovulate or the day after. You wanted to know that right?

that was TMI though:eusa_hand:

I just wanted to make the point that 3 months to 'decide' seems long enough to me....;)

Simple question. Is setting the limit at 20 weeks for a voluntary abortion a reasonable limit? That is 5 MONTHS.

Why does a rape victim need more time to decide to abort?

First off all you come across as un sensitive to a person that has been raped? Let alone making a decision to keep it. What age was this raped victim? That can range from 9 years old and up?

PS - I am new here, last time I tried this site I got called names, so please let me dip my toes in the pool first to see if it's cold or not.

I don't like abortion, REtiredGySgt. But rape is a crime, and so is incest. I'm almost ambivalent about accepting the mother's decision under such a forced circumstance in which her body was the site of a criminal act. Regardless of her decision, the nutcase who impregnated her at a tender age or against her will should serve a life sentence in jail at hard labor for being a creep from the deep, imho.

I'm even more ambivalent about petri dish fusions. I don't think it's a human being unless it's attached in a human mother's womb, and I keep coming to the same conclusion regardless of what others say. It's just something that is true to me.

My feelings about when human life begins tends to make both polar sides angry, but I just have a real hard time caring about that any more.

Aren't you glad I'm not in power. :eusa_whistle:

First off all you come across as un sensitive to a person that has been raped? Let alone making a decision to keep it. What age was this raped victim? That can range from 9 years old and up?

PS - I am new here, last time I tried this site I got called names, so please let me dip my toes in the pool first to see if it's cold or not.

+2 to welcome you.

Forum List

Back