20% retail VAT tax to replace ALL income taxes

Its a VAT tax that the retailer pays and what is wrong with having a wealthy class?

There's nothing wrong with a wealthy class. There is something wrong with a system that is designed keep the wealthy wealthy, and the poor poor.

Don't you think a progressive income tax or any income tax for that matter keeps the poor poor considering when that person does acquire more wealth it is taxed away from them?

people living under the poverty line aren't taxed.

Nothing wrong with a wealthy class? If you look at any of the writings of the founders you claim to worship, you'll see that the one thing they DIDN'T WANT was a class where wealth was retained and held by a few. That is why they supported estate taxes.

Why do you take positions against your own interest. You clearly aren't one of the top 1% of the population that holds 95% of the wealth.

Once again, you highlight your inability to read.

I asked you to find me someone who lost their riches because of taxes. Then you stated that you could make a case that people didn't get rich because of taxes.

So go ahead, make your case.

IF they are wealthy then they are not in the poor house so it is a bad test group because it is like saying name me one wealth person who does not have money. You can't but lets take the entire crosssection of society and name people who have been put in the poorhouse by taxes. Since there are of unwealthy people and a lot of taxes you can say that those taxes might be keeping them down.
No, not without evidence. Correllation does not equal causation. For example - The rate of mutilation after a murder goes up at the same time as the rate of suntan lotion sales. Does that mean that mutilation is caused by sunscreen?
The fact that when taxes were lowered on the wealthy we seen a greater percentage of people become millionaires than before
Prove it. Show some evidence.
so their some proof that high taxes on the wealth only serves to create an invisible ceiling that that keeps everyone out of that tax bracket.

Why do you guys hate the poor so much?

Ok, I guess we have go back to literacy class.

When I said "Name a single "wealthy" person in history who was put in the poor house by taxes", the word put implies that the person in question was rich, and was made poor by taxes. Of course you can't give an example, because it doesn't happen that way.

Now, I go back to my question before. You claimed to be able to make a case for poor people being unable to get rich because of taxes. Make your case.

Perhaps I should get some quotes from the democratic party that say that the rich have been getting richer because of the Reagen tax cuts or charts that show that a much greater percentage of our population is in the millionair club than before but I think using your own rhetoric against you brings me more delight as choke on your own words.

IF they are wealthy then they are not in the poor house so it is a bad test group because it is like saying name me one wealth person who does not have money. You can't but lets take the entire crosssection of society and name people who have been put in the poorhouse by taxes. Since there are of unwealthy people and a lot of taxes you can say that those taxes might be keeping them down.
No, not without evidence. Correllation does not equal causation. For example - The rate of mutilation after a murder goes up at the same time as the rate of suntan lotion sales. Does that mean that mutilation is caused by sunscreen?

Prove it. Show some evidence.
so their some proof that high taxes on the wealth only serves to create an invisible ceiling that that keeps everyone out of that tax bracket.

Why do you guys hate the poor so much?

Ok, I guess we have go back to literacy class.

When I said "Name a single "wealthy" person in history who was put in the poor house by taxes", the word put implies that the person in question was rich, and was made poor by taxes. Of course you can't give an example, because it doesn't happen that way.

Now, I go back to my question before. You claimed to be able to make a case for poor people being unable to get rich because of taxes. Make your case.

Perhaps I should get some quotes from the democratic party that say that the rich have been getting richer because of the Reagen tax cuts or charts that show that a much greater percentage of our population is in the millionair club than before but I think using your own rhetoric against you brings me more delight as choke on your own words.

You know to make a point you have to back up what you say, rather than just repeat it.

Also, it's pretty clear that you can't read - or if you can, you just don't understand what I'm saying. That's cool, I won't waste anymore time on you.

There's nothing wrong with a wealthy class. There is something wrong with a system that is designed keep the wealthy wealthy, and the poor poor.

Don't you think a progressive income tax or any income tax for that matter keeps the poor poor considering when that person does acquire more wealth it is taxed away from them?

people living under the poverty line aren't taxed.

Nothing wrong with a wealthy class? If you look at any of the writings of the founders you claim to worship, you'll see that the one thing they DIDN'T WANT was a class where wealth was retained and held by a few. That is why they supported estate taxes.

Why do you take positions against your own interest. You clearly aren't one of the top 1% of the population that holds 95% of the wealth.

We can start with the fact that the Founders represented the wealthiest most privileged members of their society.
Second, there is no "wealthy" class in this country. Look at the list of 500 wealthiest people from 1960 and look at the same list today. Totally different people. So the top 1 or 5% or whatever is always changing. The "wealthy class" is left wing bullshit.
You ought to take the side of the wealthy since you sweep their offices every night.

On the topic: My only issue with a sales tax is that incentives to cheat are enormous. You would need a bureaucracy almost equal to the IRS to enforce it.
But the basic idea is OK. In fact, I'd be in favor of just about anything to reform the current system with its enormous details, incentives and disincentives.

Forum List

Back