20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says

Source: Market Watch
Donald Trump’s campaign is almost broke, and is paying an unusual amount of money to Trump-owned businesses. That’s according to the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s FEC filing, details of which were released Monday night.

The report provided a number of rather shocking facts, including that his campaign raised just $3.1 million in May compared to Democratic rival Hillary Clinton’s $27 million.

In comparison, Mitt Romney’s campaign raised $86.5 million in May during the 2012 presidential race. And on Monday night alone, Clinton raised about $1.6 million at a celebrity-studded fundraiser in New York City.

Another eyebrow-raising tidbit: Of the $6.7 million the Trump campaign spent in May, nearly 20% went to Trump-owned businesses or family members.

Read more: 20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says

ClcQJJfWQAA_kon.jpg

This guys a goddamn fraud. There's no other way around it.

yep. I just posted the same thing. sorry I didn't see your thread first... the FEC is not happy about the orange overlord....

another "lookie what I found" poster who does not understand how business works.

Hey Sparky.....I bet you would consider it a good idea if you owned a building to hold your press conferences in another building and pay THAT owner the fee for use of the building.

Nice reach.....just makes you look like an ass.

yep. I just posted the same thing. sorry I didn't see your thread first... the FEC is not happy about the orange overlord....
Nah....you made that up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. To the contrary...if he did not use the most "cost effective" venues, you would be all over the board complaining about that.

I suggest you grow up.

Uncaring posters Meathead and Jarhead should get involved in real political campaigns. Normal business is to use the venue, or items or time: As campaign contributions, charging nothing.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, not Stirred!"
(JFK took no pay, even, as a winner, after campaigns!)

another "lookie what I found" poster who does not understand how business works.

Hey Sparky.....I bet you would consider it a good idea if you owned a building to hold your press conferences in another building and pay THAT owner the fee for use of the building.

that's bullshit.

[...]

Trump's campaign didn't respond to detailed questions about the intermingling of his businesses and campaign.

Trump isn't the first high-profile politician to run a campaign while managing large corporate assets. Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and presidential contender Steve Forbes both ran companies bearing their name.

Both took great care to carefully separate their businesses and their campaigns, their former aides said, citing the complex maze of campaign finance regulations about using corporate resources. For instance, federal rules require a company to charge their campaigns fair-market value.
[...]

{video on website}

Trump's campaign cycles $6 million into Trump companies

that's bullshit.

[...]

Trump's campaign didn't respond to detailed questions about the intermingling of his businesses and campaign.

Trump isn't the first high-profile politician to run a campaign while managing large corporate assets. Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and presidential contender Steve Forbes both ran companies bearing their name.

Both took great care to carefully separate their businesses and their campaigns, their former aides said, citing the complex maze of campaign finance regulations about using corporate resources. For instance, federal rules require a company to charge their campaigns fair-market value.
[...]

{video on website}

We've reached new lows in leftist stupidity. No small feat there.

Libs still bent out of shape about how other people spend their own money... p

Nope. Not bullshit. What I say is fact. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using the most cost effective venue to run your campaign; even if it is something you own. It is known as being business smart.

There is nothing to debate here. Fact is fact.

You are simply a victim of an investigative reporter who knew you would get all hyped up over a piece like this. The reporter is well aware that most of his "haters" are not overly business savvy and would fall for it hook line and sinker.

And you did.

No need to debate this with me. Nothing illegal here. Move on and grow up

that's bullshit.

[...]

[...]

{video on website}

We'vve reached new lows in leftist stupidity. No small feat there.

lol... hey, let the Federal Elections Commission sort out all the details, 'eh? I hear they've become a tad interested in all this broo-ha-ha,

Committee/Candidate Details

I don't see what the problem is. Maybe one of the LWNJ's can explain why this is bad??
it is bad because....well...because they say it is bad!

But I guarantee you....if he had used properties owned by someone else, the same reporter would have written an article showing how he is such a bad business man..."How could he pay someone else when he can do it himself cheaper!"

Nah....you made that up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. To the contrary...if he did not use the most "cost effective" venues, you would be all over the board complaining about that.

I suggest you grow up.

So you know for sure that every single one of those payments were about press conferences? Who are you? Mannafort?

And how do you know if was most "cost effective" if you didn't see other bids for those venues?

that's bullshit.

[...]

[...]

{video on website}

We'vve reached new lows in leftist stupidity. No small feat there.

lol... hey, let the Federal Elections Commission sort out all the details, 'eh? I hear they've become a tad interested in all this broo-ha-ha,

Committee/Candidate Details
Monitoring his spending is what they are supposed to do.

Grow up.

Nope. Not bullshit. What I say is fact. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using the most cost effective venue to run your campaign; even if it is something you own. It is known as being business smart.

There is nothing to debate here. Fact is fact.

You are simply a victim of an investigative reporter who knew you would get all hyped up over a piece like this. The reporter is well aware that most of his "haters" are not overly business savvy and would fall for it hook line and sinker.

And you did.

No need to debate this with me. Nothing illegal here. Move on and grow up

who's hyped up? what you call hyped up, I call feeling amused LOL...... i'll let the FEC decide, just like curiel will decide the trump U lawsuits.

Forum List

Back