20% of American Women Have Multiple Baby's-Daddies

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
“To put it in perspective, this is similar to the number of American adults with a college degree,” says the study’s author, Cassandra Dorius, a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research. “It’s pervasive.”
Dorius’ study, which was presented Friday at the annual meeting of the Population Association of America, examined data from nearly 4,000 U.S. women who had been interviewed more than 20 times over a 27-year period....

Dorius found that a multiple-father type of family structure was more common among minority women, with 59 percent of African-American mothers, 35 percent of Hispanic mothers and 22 percent of white mothers reporting children with more than one father.
1 in 5 US women have kids with multiple dads - Health - Kids and parenting - msnbc.com

If you aren't a minority or a woman he doesn't care, Ed. This thread is just another of his bashes on women.

Women that abort should be killed in his mind.
Women that have children should be shamed and perhaps killed in his mind.

There is no winning with JButtemia if you are a female.

While I don't condone that choice, I see no reason to condemn anyone for it.... unless the 'baby daddies' ain't paying for their offspring. If the country is paying, it's our business.... and that, for me, is a big issue.

Perfect world children are raised in a loving home with both parents and they all live happily ever after.
Divorce rate in this country has been 50% for years.
I believe close to 40% of babies were born out of wedlock last year in the US.
It is what it is but it's not the end of the world either.

As a landlord, I see this all the time and it sucks. All I can do is verify wether they are employed or not, I can't ask how many kids they are paying child support on. I find that these women have these kids so they can clean up during income tax time, as they tell me all the time, "When I get mt taxes back....." The lowlife men they are with don't even work they just sponge off the mother who is sponging off the state. I've had rent payments from every non-profit there is. It is the women who work, and the women who have these kids, that they have to stand up and get their shit together. The men (I hate calling them that because nothing about them says they are a man) need to quit fathering kids and start supporting them. I see this all the time from lower income people and kids just starting out. It didn't take long for me to modify my opinion on abortion.

As a landlord, I see this all the time and it sucks. All I can do is verify wether they are employed or not, I can't ask how many kids they are paying child support on. I find that these women have these kids so they can clean up during income tax time, as they tell me all the time, "When I get mt taxes back....." The lowlife men they are with don't even work they just sponge off the mother who is sponging off the state. I've had rent payments from every non-profit there is. It is the women who work, and the women who have these kids, that they have to stand up and get their shit together. The men (I hate calling them that because nothing about them says they are a man) need to quit fathering kids and start supporting them. I see this all the time from lower income people and kids just starting out. It didn't take long for me to modify my opinion on abortion.

The apartment upstairs from me had a family of his, hers, ours, theirs going. They ended up with 2 adults and 5 kids (under the age of 10) living in a one bedroom apartment. It was not pretty. And the two adults weren't even a couple anymore - she just lived with him to take care of the kids (one was hers and another was theirs together) while he worked. One of the kids' mom was back in jail, so she was with her dad. It was odd to me but it seems to be very common now.

If you aren't a minority or a woman he doesn't care, Ed. This thread is just another of his bashes on women.

Women that abort should be killed in his mind.
Women that have children should be shamed and perhaps killed in his mind.

There is no winning with JButtemia if you are a female.

Not true at all. JB is a good guy. He was simply starting a thread that talked about the current trend in blended/mixed families. There was no "bashing" at all.

Last edited:

The apartment upstairs from me had a family of his, hers, ours, theirs going. They ended up with 2 adults and 5 kids (under the age of 10) living in a one bedroom apartment. It was not pretty. And the two adults weren't even a couple anymore - she just lived with him to take care of the kids (one was hers and another was theirs together) while he worked. One of the kids' mom was back in jail, so she was with her dad. It was odd to me but it seems to be very common now.

The really sad thing about all of that is, the children probably have all of the utilities and phones, and cable subscriptions in their names because their parents can't get them due to past balances. I can't wait to see these lawsuits.

The really sad thing about all of that is, the children probably have all of the utilities and phones, and cable subscriptions in their names because their parents can't get them due to past balances. I can't wait to see these lawsuits.

Hadn't thought about that. But you're probably right.

The multiple moms/dads/kids thing didn't bother me. The fact that the kids didn't seem to ever be clean did. And the fact that they brought roaches with them, then left when the bugs got too much most definitely DID. :doubt:

Hadn't thought about that. But you're probably right.

The multiple moms/dads/kids thing didn't bother me. The fact that the kids didn't seem to ever be clean did. And the fact that they brought roaches with them, then left when the bugs got too much most definitely DID. :doubt:

One mother trying to take care of five kids when she is only 20 or 21 herself is ludicris, no wonder they are always dirty. The man in the house don't want anything to do with the kids because he is 19 or 20 himself and still wants to party all the time. Most become small time dealers and petty gangster wannabees while their girlfriends (because they never marry these girls) work and pay for everything. So when she can't pay the bills anymore and she gets sued its always her because she is the only one who can get an income i.e. taxes. garnished. He don't work because he is trying to get out of paying child support on his three kids, so he feels it doesn't pay for him to work so he don't.

“To put it in perspective, this is similar to the number of American adults with a college degree,” says the study’s author, Cassandra Dorius, a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research. “It’s pervasive.”
Dorius’ study, which was presented Friday at the annual meeting of the Population Association of America, examined data from nearly 4,000 U.S. women who had been interviewed more than 20 times over a 27-year period....

Dorius found that a multiple-father type of family structure was more common among minority women, with 59 percent of African-American mothers, 35 percent of Hispanic mothers and 22 percent of white mothers reporting children with more than one father.
1 in 5 US women have kids with multiple dads - Health - Kids and parenting - msnbc.com

Of course, you get more child support that way.

One mother trying to take care of five kids when she is only 20 or 21 herself is ludicris, no wonder they are always dirty. The man in the house don't want anything to do with the kids because he is 19 or 20 himself and still wants to party all the time. Most become small time dealers and petty gangster wannabees while their girlfriends (because they never marry these girls) work and pay for everything. So when she can't pay the bills anymore and she gets sued its always her because she is the only one who can get an income i.e. taxes. garnished. He don't work because he is trying to get out of paying child support on his three kids, so he feels it doesn't pay for him to work so he don't.

A couple of the kids were a bit older and could take care of themselves more, it was the baby that was least clean.

But I do know guys who won't work, or just take payments under the table so they don't pay or pay as much child support.

Here in Illinois, employers have to fill out a reporting from on new employees so the state can see if they're deadbeats and deal accordingly.

So Ravi thinks stating simple facts is 'bashing women'? :cuckoo:

Some women can't talk about some of the female genders glaring imperfections...not sure why. They think when you highlight a negative instead of a positive...it's an automatic sexist slight.

Last edited:

A couple of the kids were a bit older and could take care of themselves more, it was the baby that was least clean.

But I do know guys who won't work, or just take payments under the table so they don't pay or pay as much child support.

Here in Illinois, employers have to fill out a reporting from on new employees so the state can see if they're deadbeats and deal accordingly.

I'll never get guys who don't want to do all they can to care and provide for their woman and their children.

Or the women who get involved with them.

Forum List

Back