20 billion dollars of taxpayers money spent, to create.....

You know what, I am sick and very tired of hearing the left whine, complain, and shriek about the military and the amount of money that we spend. Let's be very clear, that does NOT include the money wasted on "nation building." We shouldn't be building nations when we have to go kick someone's ass. We should go do it, and leave our card on their doorstep, reminding them that if they do it again, we'll be back, but we'll blow up or kill something that we didn't the first time we were there. Include a 1-800 number that will put them in touch with the State Department where they can become allies if they so choose.

The defense of this nation is NON-NEGOTIABLE! You want to make me happy? Build the original 486 F-22 Raptors, and don't stop at the 189 Barry wanted. Have 16 carrier groups instead of the 11 we have now. Twelve active duty fully armed and ready to deploy Army divisions, whether they be armored mechanized or whatever, along with the ability to fully deploy them anywhere in the world in a week. You want to make me really happy? Build enough B-2's to equip SIX wings and build then deploy a successor to the Minuteman III. I would rather spend the money to do R&D and then build a viable successor to the Blackbird than I would spend another trillion dollars for welfare. You really want to make me very happy? Then full speed ahead on a space program that has Mars in its sights AND a permenant station on the moon.

I would remind my friends on the left that there are bastards out there that want to KILL YOU, simply because you are an American. They want you dead because of the freedoms you enjoy and the rights you so willingly overlook. And the men and women who maintain those rights for you put their lives on the line every day in shit holes around the world that most of the 'elite' left wouldn't even step foot in. Additionally, all of the R&D that it takes on a space program have given rise to new technology and industries that you never even would suspect. Dissolving sutures, mirrored plastics that are made into sunglasses and other applications, just to name two that come to mind. Training people to do technical jobs that the military and the space program need makes this country and those people much stronger economically and socially.

And before I get this rehash of Eisenhower's military industrial complex speech, then I also believe that a very powerful and very thorough GSA would be money well spent as well. The bottom line is, the left wants to cut and slash defense expenditures in favor of 'give aways.' It is ridiculous.

do we need 100 billion a year to give the military industrial jobs

No, we need the money to protect Americans and American interests across the globe because we are the sole super power and a force for good.

Amazing anyone would need that explained to them.

With all due respect I think you're part of the problem. However, if you type slower next time I bet more of 'em might get it.

I want to save the country money, I would accept a million dollar job and let someone else have the 5 million dollar jobs just to show I want to do my share.

Congress and crooks have a lot in common. Replace all of them and start over, we can't possibly do worse.

Forum List

Back