2 yrs of gridlock will result in a democratic win in 2012

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
how short sighted are republicans? i have seen it suggested that the gop will cause 2 yrs of gridlock...will that help the average amerian? will that not just drive voters back to the democrats in 2012? do you think the tea party will help or hut the gop in the midterm elections?

just toss out what you think will happen in the next 2 years and how this will swing the 2012 election?

i dont think obama will run again in 2012....he has left his party in disarray....hell the country is in disarray and it will not be helped by gridlock...remember people vote their wallets etc....if the gop ignores the american voter...they voter will simply turn on them again...everyone bitches that obama has not done anything to unite this country....why would he or anyone else...neither party cares about the average american..both parties have shown this over the past 2 decades...you have your hot topic issues...but what changes after the elections?

what major issues has the us government addressed that pretains to the average american?
obama's health care...no...it is not helping amerians....did bush make any headway in outlawing abortion? no...why...its big business ...

so what are your thoughts? and try to be civil...i know everyone is rabid about the upcoming midterms...but remember this wont be the last election...

Most agree a marquee item on a new GOP majority's agenda would be an aggressive package of spending cuts, on the order of $100 billion or more, that could also be paired with steps to block implementation of key parts of Obama's health care law and new financial regulations.

This is genius. *Sarcastic tone". And when people have even fewer jobs, more foreclosures occur, their kids are dying under student debt loads, the cannot get health care -- then voters can say "well, at least rich people are happy!" and will vote a GOP candidate in for POTUS in 2012?

Neither party gets it.....you have to do something, many things, to help the average guy in this economy or Americans will just revolt. We ain't gonna passively accept becoming Peru in less than 5 years.

As we ought to know by now, TWO YEARS can effect enormous change in the political dynamic.

But I do believe that the American people are tiring of this swinging between the Red and Blue teams of the duelopoly party.

Sadly there appears to be no viable alternate parties to throw our support to.

Freedom to choose?

The Presidency owns the power of pulpit, what the Republicans need to be careful to avoid is what they did after their 94 victory, seem to be obstructionist (their government shut down threat revived Clinton's Presidency), they need to tactically offer legislation that would be difficult for President Obama to turn down, such a sensible cuts in government waiste and highlight how much they are trying to work with the President in this regard, make him look obstructionist, while at the same time throw out wedge issue legislation that is popular with Independents but that splits the Democrats.

Forum List

Back