2 Years Ago Today

Happy 2nd Anniverary, EZ.
I was looking for something in cotton for you, but I just couldn't figure out your size. :(

This works. :eusa_whistle:

LaPerlaBody-Big.jpg

My last (and only) serious message board experience had its ups and downs, ins and outs, and all that. But after awhile I realized I would never be accepted. Never be one of the gang. Some tolerated me. And a few I became friends with--personal meet in person friends. But for the most part I was on the outside looking in and a target for rude remarks and hurtful comments because I simply didn't matter. And, there comes a time, when one thinks who needs that?

Well here I am at USMB. My 'join date' implies I've been here awhile, but I joined to check it out back then, didn't take time to really get active, and returned some months ago.

So about USMB. There are the trolls, idiots, exercises in futility, and numbnuts here. I have had rude comments thrown at me and been accused of everything under the sun not the least of which has been rubbing elbows with Hitler, taking food from the mouths of orphans, and stealing money out of the Salvation Army kettle.

But I'm also slowly getting to know some very special and remarkable people here on all sides of the sociopolitical spectrum. And I don't feel like I'm on the outside looking in. I feel accepted or at least tolerated. I've found a sense of community here.

And she probably doesn't know it, but EZ, along with quite a few of you folks, has been a significant part of that. And I have appreciated it very much. (Even if she wouldn't teach me how to neg rep her.)

So happy anniversary EZ. And thank you for letting me into the club here and for what you add to USMB.

Last edited:
My last (and only) serious message board experience had its ups and downs, ins and outs, and all that. But after awhile I realized I would never be accepted. Never be one of the gang. Some tolerated me. And a few I became friends with--personal meet in person friends. But for the most part I was on the outside looking in and a target for rude remarks and hurtful comments because I simply didn't matter. And, there comes a time, when one thinks who needs that?

Well here I am at USMB. My 'join date' implies I've been here awhile, but I joined to check it out back then, didn't take time to really get active, and returned some months ago.

So about USMB. There are the trolls, idiots, exercises in futility, and numbnuts here. I have had rude comments thrown at me and been accused of everything under the sun not the least of which has been rubbing elbows with Hitler, taking food from the mouths of orphans, and stealing money out of the Salvation Army kettle.

But I'm also slowly getting to know some very special and remarkable people here on all sides of the sociopolitical spectrum. And I don't feel like I'm on the outside looking in. I feel accepted or at least tolerated. I've found a sense of community here.

And she probably doesn't know it, but EZ, along with quite a few of you folks, has been a significant part of that. And I have appreciated it very much. (Even if she wouldn't teach me how to neg rep her.)

So happy anniversary EZ. And thank you for letting me into the club here and for what you add to USMB.
That was so nice, FF. Of course you are one of us, why do you think we slap you on the head so often? :eusa_angel:

You've been DUPED!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You've been DUPED!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the angle of the palm in your avatar offends me. change it. angle or avatar, your choice. you could also draw a face on the palm. that would work, too. or make it vomit coconuts and dates.

That was so nice, FF. Of course you are one of us, why do you think we slap you on the head so often? :eusa_angel:

LOL, I wondered about that. I thought it was because I was napping during the lecture. :)

LOL, I wondered about that. I thought it was because I was napping during the lecture. :)

Well there was that too! ;)

I joined this place called the USMB.

I wanted a place for my finacee (now ex) to talk politics, so I googled some places and this place came up. I joined under "Echo Zulu", since my brother, who was in the Army, used to call me that when he played jokes on me. (Meaning I was EZ since I fell for his 'tricks')

Well, Jim, my ex, said this place was "too small" for him to discuss politics, so I took a look-see around. My first post was on a thread Annie had on Standarized Testing in school.

Then I saw that there were a bunch of sub forums. I discussed politics a lot back then, until I realized the same people were saying the same thing in almost the same way, using the same words over and over.

Then I discovered General Discussion, and of course the Flame Zone, where goofy people go, just up my ally!

Then for some reason I was made a Mod, which is fun for the most part. We have a good Maude Squad here, they are fun and good people.

And for the most part, the Posters of the USMB are good people. I've made some really good friends here, talked to 5 on the phone, and am going to meet a few here soon later on this summer.

And last, this place keeps me entertained. It's the best free fun you can find!

So Cheers to all my USMB Peeps, I hope I can make it another year! :beer:

[I"]I was made a Mod,"[/i]

And the classiest, is my impression. Happy Anniversary Echo Zulu and thanks for sharing that interesting information in your good thread. May you continue to soar. :)
You got a peanut stuck to your nose..

I joined this place called the USMB.

I wanted a place for my finacee (now ex) to talk politics, so I googled some places and this place came up. I joined under "Echo Zulu", since my brother, who was in the Army, used to call me that when he played jokes on me. (Meaning I was EZ since I fell for his 'tricks')

Well, Jim, my ex, said this place was "too small" for him to discuss politics, so I took a look-see around. My first post was on a thread Annie had on Standarized Testing in school.

Then I saw that there were a bunch of sub forums. I discussed politics a lot back then, until I realized the same people were saying the same thing in almost the same way, using the same words over and over.

Then I discovered General Discussion, and of course the Flame Zone, where goofy people go, just up my ally!

Then for some reason I was made a Mod, which is fun for the most part. We have a good Maude Squad here, they are fun and good people.

And for the most part, the Posters of the USMB are good people. I've made some really good friends here, talked to 5 on the phone, and am going to meet a few here soon later on this summer.

And last, this place keeps me entertained. It's the best free fun you can find!

So Cheers to all my USMB Peeps, I hope I can make it another year! :beer:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE]YouTube - Flintstones - Happy Anniversary[/ame]

And many more to come I am sure.

Forum List

Back