2 Week Vacation

A funny thing happened about an hour ago. A group of teenage girls were on one of the large shared balconies taking pictures. One of my kids thought the camera flash was lightening so I looked out the window to see what it was. All the girls let out a collective scream when they saw me. They didn't realize anyone was in our room and thought I was a ghost. (I get that a lot.) They said they were looking for a ghost and thought they found one. Funny.

Did one of them fall off the balcony?

Now THAT would be funny!

Not in a humorous funny way, but in a weird funny way.

No, but this hotel has a morgue from the days when it was a hospital so at least we would've had a place to put the body. It's about 40 feet to the ground from where they were standing. She would've hit the ground in less than 2 seconds, not enough time for me to get my video camera.

I am off from the 29th - new years day. I would have been off the 28th also but I had to give back a day of vacation due to a snow day/sick child. I plan on doing things around the house that I never seem get around to or always just put off....and maybe take my kids to a movie...or bowling...they keep asking me to do that also.

you got sick and had to give them one of your vacation days to make up for it?.....you dont have sick leave?.......

well while you folks are all taking time off for this and that.....ole Harry has got to deliver your damed mail....and since none of yas mail early i will be working my ass off right up until the time you guys get back.....so if ya feel sorry for me...:(....you can always tip me with an X-Mas Rep.....:razz:.....love those X-Mas Reps....:eusa_angel:

Today I'm doing Christmas for the homeless so that will be fun. Tonight - P A R T Y time. Tomorrow I'll be collecting for charity. Then my family arrive - since I can't get back to the US for the holidays, they've decided - pretty much on mass - to come here. Yippee! It's rare for my brothers to all have time off at the same time so it's very, very, cool.

After Christmas, my twin bro is staying here for another week! I'm very excited about that - we have such fun together!!

I'm going to hang around here. It's beautiful this time of year, and people actually come up to this area for vacations. Might do a day trip to Farragut State Park at the edge of Lake Pend Oreille. If we're lucky we can see a submarine breach. The lake is like 1500 ft deep, and the Navy has a base on the lake.

What is your Holiday Vacation time off?

Going to do anything special?

Eeeer uuuum, trying to not rub salt in the wounds but everyone in Australia gets four weeks paid vacation.

Now here comes the salt, many of us get "leave loading".

They pay us more to go on leave.

I kid you not.

I am off from the 29th - new years day. I would have been off the 28th also but I had to give back a day of vacation due to a snow day/sick child. I plan on doing things around the house that I never seem get around to or always just put off....and maybe take my kids to a movie...or bowling...they keep asking me to do that also.

you got sick and had to give them one of your vacation days to make up for it?.....you dont have sick leave?.......

I get a total of about 5 1/2 weeks of paid time off to use up during the year,can be sick leave or personal time. By November I only had 1 week left, which I scheduled...then one of my kids got sick and I took an extra day off for that, so I had to give them one of my scheduled days off in return. Usually I save an extra PTO day to avoid this kinda thing...this year I didn't (should have known better).

I'm leaving for here in about 30 minutes:

Eureka Springs, The Extraordinary Escape

I always liked Eureka Springs at the holidays. Good choice for a road trip. Enjoy!

I'm staying here:

Eureka Springs Vacation - Eureka Springs Hotels - Crescent Hotel

If I see a ghost, I'll let you know.

Looks like fun!

Well I've been off since Friday. Vanity tops for baths came in last night. Hopefully the contractors will get them installed today and finish painting the baths with the 2nd coats. Carpeting is being installed 12/30.

My brother is having Christmas, just no way to do that here. I'm pretty much back home, though can run to hotel if it gets too noisy or I feel in the way. One son moved to his apartment last weekend, other son is staying at hotel 'as long as possible.' ;) He kept the dog so it's quiet here.

Worst part, no decorations. Bright side, I don't have to take them down.

It's snowing, pretty. I've a cup of coffee and figured out how to hook up the router without my kids here and I'm online. :beer: Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
I'm going to hang around here. It's beautiful this time of year, and people actually come up to this area for vacations. Might do a day trip to Farragut State Park at the edge of Lake Pend Oreille. If we're lucky we can see a submarine breach. The lake is like 1500 ft deep, and the Navy has a base on the lake.

you think you might see the Lake Pend Monster?.....hey...just askin...

What is your Holiday Vacation time off?

Going to do anything special?

Eeeer uuuum, trying to not rub salt in the wounds but everyone in Australia gets four weeks paid vacation.

Now here comes the salt, many of us get "leave loading".

They pay us more to go on leave.

I kid you not.

How does that make sense? MORE money to NOT work? :eusa_doh:

I want in on that gig. I've always wanted to visit Oz, but I suspect I could live there quite nicely too. Could you sponsor me for a resident-alien visa to Australia?? (and I don't mean the credicard). :D

:rofl:

are home:cool:

I'm supervising their progress; Dusting, cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing floors. swabbing decks....and.......

when they're done with all that, I have a small pyramid I need constructed in the backyard to hold my tomb

building_pyramids3m.jpg

I always liked Eureka Springs at the holidays. Good choice for a road trip. Enjoy!

I'm staying here:

A funny thing happened about an hour ago. A group of teenage girls were on one of the large shared balconies taking pictures. One of my kids thought the camera flash was lightening so I looked out the window to see what it was. All the girls let out a collective scream when they saw me. They didn't realize anyone was in our room and thought I was a ghost. (I get that a lot.) They said they were looking for a ghost and thought they found one. Funny.

We're still looking for Caspar, the Hotel's cat. I'll take a picture of him (or her) if I get a chance and post it.

Here's Caspar underneath a chair in the lobby. Notice the strange human hand reaching for his ear, proving unequivocally that the Crescent Hotel is haunted.

$Caspar.JPG

Well, on Monday, will wake up, brush my teeth, then shower. Eventually I will go back to bed, then on Tuesday, pretty much the same thing.

Woohoo.

I'm staying here:

We're still looking for Caspar, the Hotel's cat. I'll take a picture of him (or her) if I get a chance and post it.

Here's Caspar underneath a chair in the lobby. Notice the strange human hand reaching for his ear, proving unequivocally that the Crescent Hotel is haunted.

View attachment 9066

OUTSTANDING x1... you must call the ghost hunters at TAPS immediately! ... :lol:

Really... anything "odd" happen?

View attachment 9066

OUTSTANDING x1... you must call the ghost hunters at TAPS immediately! ... :lol:

Really... anything "odd" happen?

No, nothing out of the ordinary. I should post some pics of the trip. Eureka Springs is a beautiful city.

Hmmmmmmmm I work for myself so I take time off when ever I feel the urge. Though I am getting ready to take about a six month or more vacation to recoup from the back surgery I'm having right after the first of the year. I guess you could call it a vacation, I won't be able to do a damn thing for about that long.

How does that make sense? MORE money to NOT work? :eusa_doh:

I want in on that gig. I've always wanted to visit Oz, but I suspect I could live there quite nicely too. Could you sponsor me for a resident-alien visa to Australia?? (and I don't mean the credicard). :D

:rofl:

This is Australia, it is not supposed to make any sense.

Forum List

Back