2 *trillion* dollars is missing from US Treasury

I guess then that your post wasn't literal:

"I personally hope Obama and the Democratic congress bend all Republicans over and fuck em raw"

Silence doesn't have to follow her own rules. They are meant for others to follow.

Silence doesn't have to follow her own rules. They are meant for others to follow.

I was once told by a poster (who is no longer with us) that hypocricy is ok as long as it is your side that is doing it.... I guess that could apply on a personal level as well.

not cool at all David!

I never understand why people wish bodily harm on someone just because they disagree politically.

First of all, I do not wish Bush or Cheney bodily harm. I was musing about... thinking out loud.

But, this isn't a philosophical disagreement of a few matters. This is the future of the country that's at stake.. your future, my future. Their actions impact everyone around the world and they are recklessly putting everyone at harm to achieve their desires to get America involved in another world war. They set the ball in motion.. obama will be lucky if he can stop it before Jan 20.

Insisting that there is only one definition of "thug" and then being offended when someone uses it is a bit goofy don't you think ?

i guess you could think of a thug as the mobster's right hand man only,

or think of a thug as a hoodlum which is about the same thing or a gangster which is also about the same thing or a ruffian which is also about the same thing...

After all, they are ALL describing the same thing, a thug.

Any of those definitions are also unacceptable....imo...

What definition of thug fits president Bush or vp cheney or presidential elects, obama or biden or Clinton?

Yes Dillo, of course they could mean something less duragatory than the the actual meaning of the word itself, i can recognize such....things or meanings changing over time... ;)

Care

First of all, I do not wish Bush or Cheney bodily harm. I was musing about... thinking out loud.

But, this isn't a philosophical disagreement of a few matters. This is the future of the country that's at stake.. your future, my future. Their actions impact everyone around the world and they are recklessly putting everyone at harm to achieve their desires to get America involved in another world war. They set the ball in motion.. obama will be lucky if he can stop it before Jan 20.

What the hell are they putting in your Matza ball soup?

not cool at all David!

I never understand why people wish bodily harm on someone just because they disagree politically.

Politically, religiously, whatever. Disagreements over those things started most wars, and that will get you a bullet in the face. I haven't seen anybody fight a war with bacon and french fries.

I've said for years that this country will see another Civil War. Maybe we'll all be dead and gone before it happens, but it will happen. The left just keeps pushing the country to the left even though they don't have a majority. Gotta hand it to them, they're scrappers alright. But it's going to take a Civil War at some point soon to move us back away from this Godless, trashy, immoral spiral the left has us headed down the toilet.

Then you have no problem with over 3 million people losing jobs? 2 million from GM, 1 million from Ford, 500-750,000 from Chrysler. You have no problem with double digit unemployment that would send shockwaves throughout our entire financial system? I agree longterm that Detroit cannot survive, but in the here and now having any one of the Big 3 collapse would be a near death-blow to our economy. Deconstruct the companies one-by-one, bit-by-bit, allow a new influx of unemployed workers to enter the system, find jobs, rinse and repeat. Allowing all three to collapse at once would destroy the American economy.

Tell ya what, get rid of the UAW and the big three won't need a bail out. How do you think the Asians keep their costs down? Exactly... they have no unions to deal with.

i guess you could think of a thug as the mobster's right hand man only,

or think of a thug as a hoodlum which is about the same thing or a gangster which is also about the same thing or a ruffian which is also about the same thing...

After all, they are ALL describing the same thing, a thug.

Any of those definitions are also unacceptable....imo...

What definition of thug fits president Bush or vp cheney or presidential elects, obama or biden or Clinton?

Yes Dillo, of course they could mean something less duragatory than the the actual meaning of the word itself, i can recognize such....things or meanings changing over time... ;)

Care

Ruf_ian ? I won't dare even say that on a messageboard.

Tell ya what, get rid of the UAW and the big three won't need a bail out. How do you think the Asians keep their costs down? Exactly... they have no unions to deal with.

Well, the Yen is basically worthless. $1 = 98 yen, which is down from 125 yen. So, the Japanese have a far inferior currency than the US does. So getting paid 30,000 yen per year = $305 USD.

In China, they manage to keep down costs by making everyone there poor and being communist.

The UAW is corrupt and completely unwilling to back off of their demands, the government would have to be out of their minds to prop up this organization any further. Let's also not forget the $25 billion we already gave them back in September.

Well, the Yen is basically worthless. $1 = 98 yen, which is down from 125 yen. So, the Japanese have a far inferior currency than the US does. So getting paid 30,000 yen per year = $305 USD.

In China, they manage to keep down costs by making everyone there poor and being communist.

They don;t get paid 30k a year they get paid in the millions of yen.

The UAW is corrupt and completely unwilling to back off of their demands, the government would have to be out of their minds to prop up this organization any further. Let's also not forget the $25 billion we already gave them back in September.

they have not gotten the 25 billion for the green projects yet, even though it has been a couple of months, it was never distributed to them...fyi.

David, the Big Three can not build competitive cars for the American public, much less for world consumption.

The contracts that they have signed with Labor preclude cost effectiveness. The only way to get out from under those outrageous contracts is to file Chapter 11.

It is either that or we need to foster the set up on new companies that can negotiate less expensive contracts with Labor.

Cash handouts to the ole companies with their corrupt cost structure is just foolishness.

Oh, please, labor is such a small percentage of the budget that it's almost laughable that you blame unions for this.

I guess then that your post wasn't literal:

"I personally hope Obama and the Democratic congress bend all Republicans over and fuck em raw"

of course it wasn't literal :lol: I wouldn't advocate rape.... and we all know you Republicans HATE sex :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
of course it was literal :lol: I wouldn't advocate rape.... and we all know you Republicans HATE sex :eusa_whistle:

pfft

Republicans are against gay homo sex

ie- david, rayboy, bikersailor

We are all for doing the heterosexual horizontal mambo

kevin, NOTE that it says they won't be getting this money, the original 25 billion until December, IF THEN.

OREGON, Ohio/WASHINGTON, Oct. 14, 2008 (Reuters) — Democrat Barack Obama said on Tuesday that as president he would demand that up to $25 billion in government loans targeted for distressed U.S. automakers be distributed quickly.

US Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) makes a statement on the economy at the Maumee Bay Resort in Oregon, Ohio October 14, 2008. REUTERS/Jim Young

"If I were president right now, I would call in the secretary of energy and say 'get this thing moving' because these companies need help now," Obama said.

Obama's comments were likely to resonate in the presidential battleground of Ohio, which has almost 100,000 auto jobs and, like neighboring Michigan, has been squeezed in other significant ways by the car industry downturn.

Obama's Republican rival, John McCain, also supports helping Detroit.

Automakers and their allies in Congress from Michigan and Ohio have been pressing the Energy Department to accelerate the loan program, which was approved by lawmakers last month. Car companies are eligible to use the money to retool plants and take other steps to make more fuel efficient cars.

Struggling Detroit manufacturers have always viewed reasonably quick access to the money as crucial to their financial turnaround plans, but worsening cash flow and mounting credit problems in recent weeks have added new urgency to obtaining the financing.

The Energy Department has said it would complete the regulatory framework for issuing the loans by December, as required by Congress. However, the agency has said additional environmental and other administrative hurdles will likely push the timeline further out for approving financing for qualified projects.

Similar regulatory efforts can take up to 18 months.

The White House expressed no intent, publicly at least, to intervene.

"I know people are working as quickly as possible, and they're working with the manufacturing industry and the auto industry to provide the support they needed to get the regulations in place," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

Labor and industry lobbyists have called on the White House to act. Failing that, they say a return to Congress next month or in January may be necessary to insert language in loan authority legislation to force the executive branch to move faster.

The No. 2 Republican in the House of Representatives, Roy Blunt of Missouri, said he would encourage the Energy Department to "get those rules out there as quickly as possible."
continued:
NewsDaily: Obama says he would act fast on $25 billion auto loans

Do not expect liberals to care that Unions destroyed the car makers.

Do not expect people who understand what is killing the auto makers of the USA to think, as you apparently do, that unions were the ONLY problem they faced, either.

You see some of us usnderstand that problems seldom have one single cause.

Simple people seek simply scapegoats.

Then you have no problem with over 3 million people losing jobs? 2 million from GM, 1 million from Ford, 500-750,000 from Chrysler. You have no problem with double digit unemployment that would send shockwaves throughout our entire financial system?

No they don't.

Just as they don't have any problem with the stupid policies which were largely responsible for why it is happening either.

I agree longterm that Detroit cannot survive,

NOt unless we do something about the fact that Detroit has to compete with foreign companies which do not have their history, but which benefited from polices which helped them destroy, Detroit.

but in the here and now having any one of the Big 3 collapse would be a near death-blow to our economy. Deconstruct the companies one-by-one, bit-by-bit, allow a new influx of unemployed workers to enter the system, find jobs, rinse and repeat. Allowing all three to collapse at once would destroy the American economy.

they don't care.

They still think Detroit going down, indeed all American industry going down, is no skin of their noses.

The arsenal of the free world is dying and these self proclimed flagdrapped partiots don't give a damn because they do not really understand how economies work.

They think they do, they've been misinformed.

Fools, the lot of them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back