2 tools for your BOB

abrere

May 28, 2018
leatherman crunch review - Google Search

cold steel shovel review - Google Search

the shovel retails for about $35 with sheath. The Crunch is about $110 with sheath, but you can find them on E bay for a bit more than half that. The Visegrip of the Crunch can hold any one of several saw blades, making it very versatile in the field. I consider it to be too big and heavy for daily carry. Around my vehicle or home, I can have a REAL tool kit, but when hiking, the crunch and the e-tool can handle pretty much any needed job. I added a couple of holes near the top of the shovel blade, so it can have a loop of cordage that helps me shovel snow, should I slide off of the road. i also arranged a nail puller slot on it. The combo of these tools and the saw blade add up to one helluva lot of versatility. I swapped the knife blade for a carbon steel regular blade, so that I can sharpen it on a rock, if need be. The medium flathead was altered to be a gouge/hookknife and the small flathead is now an awl, with a slot for cordage. You can walk down the street with the shovel in a sheath on your pack, without any hassles. Try that with a machete or a hatchet! Ditto for keeping it handy in your car. I just slide the head back under the "hold all" box that's behind the seats of my work-van. That thing will cleave you a GOOD one!

• Banned
one of the requirements for a Spetnatz Russian spec ops guy is to get a hole dug in half an hour that will protect him from rifle or machine gun fire. It's done by digging a trench, in line with the expected line of attack, pilling the dirt up to stop bullets, while lowering your body into the foot deep, 6 ft long trench.

leatherman crunch review - Google Search

cold steel shovel review - Google Search

the shovel retails for about $35 with sheath. The Crunch is about $110 with sheath, but you can find them on E bay for a bit more than half that. The Visegrip of the Crunch can hold any one of several saw blades, making it very versatile in the field. I consider it to be too big and heavy for daily carry. Around my vehicle or home, I can have a REAL tool kit, but when hiking, the crunch and the e-tool can handle pretty much any needed job. I added a couple of holes near the top of the shovel blade, so it can have a loop of cordage that helps me shovel snow, should I slide off of the road. i also arranged a nail puller slot on it. The combo of these tools and the saw blade add up to one helluva lot of versatility. I swapped the knife blade for a carbon steel regular blade, so that I can sharpen it on a rock, if need be. The medium flathead was altered to be a gouge/hookknife and the small flathead is now an awl, with a slot for cordage. You can walk down the street with the shovel in a sheath on your pack, without any hassles. Try that with a machete or a hatchet! Ditto for keeping it handy in your car. I just slide the head back under the "hold all" box that's behind the seats of my work-van. That thing will cleave you a GOOD one!

You could put an eye out! :113:

• Banned
The shovel is a wondrous tool around camp, and so is the Crunch. When you have saw blades and a holder, you dont have to do much chopping, and an axe is really poor for digging, If you have any brains, you move camp to where the squaw wood is, not cut and haul big would back to some sort of 'heavy duty" shelter. Amazing how dumb most of the Alone contestants were (and doubtless still are) about that issue. Season 5 is to be about 10 of the past losers getting another crack at the half million $ prize, which is a crock of it. They already blew their chance, why give them another?

Forum List

Back