2 things I like about old movie classics

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
No queers with cellphones

Short credits

(todays movies the credits are longer than the pic itself - they list everyone down to the janitor....................)

I think it's interesting to note that people in old movies

Are white
Are well-spoken and polite
Are well-dressed

Today, it's just ghetto this and ghetto that...

The movies billed as horror back then didn't have to rely on blood splatter to substitute for bad acting. The Hitchcock directed "Psycho" made you think you saw the knife enter Janet Leigh's body in the shower but you didn't. The war movies always showed Americans as the good guys. Maybe the bottom line is that movies catered to either children or adults back then. Years ago college kids and adolescents didn't have enough money to go to the movies. Today the target audience is beer soaked hormone overloaded college kids who spend the most money on watching stupid stuff like spitting mashed potatos or spurting blood from every artery. It sure makes it easy on hollywood to crank out splatter movies with no plots.

Last edited:
This business of perpetual credits is bleeding all over TV. The show Castle does credits over the action during the program and it seems to last all the way to the end of the show.

This business of perpetual credits is bleeding all over TV. The show Castle does credits over the action during the program and it seems to last all the way to the end of the show.

Have never seen Castle but have experienced the same with other shows. I think it's stupid but I'm sure the folks behind the scenes think it's so artsy or creative or God only knows what. Ten minutes into a story I have less than zero interest in who the executive producer is or anyone else. Just stop putting things on the screen that distract from viewing.

I liked how they always said "The End" so you knew when to leave the theater

On most of todays TV shows - the opening credits go 10 minutes minimum into the show- usually longer ...........

I also liked how they had someone smoking in each scene

The credits for Citizen Kane -1941 - still widely acclaime a as BEST EVER PICTURE - 2-3 mins opening and closing

I JUST WATCHED MY FAIR LADY... THE CINEMATOGRAPHY, SETS AND COSTUME ARE STILL SECONDED TO NONE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAYUuspQ6BY&feature=related]YouTube - ‪My Fair Lady - Why Can't The English?‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYMSvyqHHwA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪My Fair Lady -Horse race scene‬‏[/ame]

I also liked how they had someone smoking in each scene

And it was all legal - the smoking .

Before they didnt know any better.

Not just that but there would be several actors smoking in the scene and it would be filmed through a cloud of smoke. Then, when you watched it in a theater, they allowed smoking and you could see it projected through a cloud of smoke

Forum List

Back