2 supreme court justices and numerous others warn of dictatorship.

2 supreme court justices and numerous others warn of dictatorship...

4 more years of Obama and we will pretty much be there,he does as he pleases now...

Pay attention idiot, would you? Did you even bother to read? They're saying that rampant public civic ignorance could lead to dictatorship. They didn't say anything about Obama being a dictator. God damned wing nuts, you're exactly what they're talking about. YOU are the threat to the country, not Obama or Romney.

Nope. I have no interest in meeting him...did ya lose yer mod status? Looks like it...:D Plus I am not part of the sheeple voting for Bush/Obama/Romney/Clinton etc etc.

when you talk about what a justice says... you should know about that justice. souter left because, although appointed by a republican president, he was smart and not a partisan hack... he couldn't stand working with scalia and thomas, et al... he was more interested in being a real jurist.

and when he said it was the lack of knowledge of civics that was going to allow dictators, he was talking about the proverbial low-information voter...

you know... the beck-heads and limbau-ites...

Nope. I have no interest in meeting him...did ya lose yer mod status? Looks like it...:D Plus I am not part of the sheeple voting for Bush/Obama/Romney/Clinton etc etc.

when you talk about what a justice says... you should know about that justice. souter left because, although appointed by a republican president, he was smart and not a partisan hack... he couldn't stand working with scalia and thomas, et al... he was more interested in being a real jurist.

and when he said it was the lack of knowledge of civics that was going to allow dictators, he was talking about the proverbial low-information voter...

you know... the beck-heads and limbau-ites...

Wouldn't he have done more good being on the supreme court than not being on it? I mean of course he wouldn't win every battle he wanted to win but he was the end all of law in the country...

The WPA allows 60 days of conflict before a congressional declaration. And then there are it's paricular parts.

jillian is just being a typical LOLberal.

We haven't declared war since WW2.

and under the war powers act, did they have to? (not addressing whether the law is right or wrong...just what it allows).
I truly don't know. I do know that to go to war we are supposed to have congress declare war.

The Constitution does NOT say that. It says Only Congress may declare war it leaves to Congress and the President the options of doing anything they want by having the Majority vote.

Do you think some crazy guy could become president and, drunk with power, do something awful like decide on a program of pre-emptive war and attack countries that present no danger to the US just to show he can?

It would be reassuring to know that could never happen.

Wow.. it seems to me that that guy would have to have the votes of the duly elected U.S. Congress agreeing to that.

yeah... but when that congress puts restrictions on what that guy could do and he ignores them...

can be catastrophic

Forum List

Back