2 Rocket Launchers Turned In During LAPD Gun Buyback (PHOTOS)

CaféAuLait;6562044 said:
The article also points out they were non-working.

Duh, why were they non-working...?

They propel rocket grenades, but the official called them "non-working" because they did not have the "projectiles" with them. Thank God!?

If such is the logic, then the guns were non-working as well, correct? If there are no projectiles AKA bullets, then are they also considered non-working? :eusa_shhh:

rocket%20launcher%20long%20soqui.JPG

By Dennis Romero

Yesterday's LAPD gun buyback was so successful that two-hour waits and gift-card shortages were reported.

The department says it picked up 75 assault weapons as part of its no-questions-asked effort that saw $100 dollar cards handed out for handguns and long guns and $200 for the kind of rifle used in the Newtown tragedy. The LAPD says 901 handguns, 698 rifles, 363 shotguns will also be destroyed.

Good stats. But this is the one that got us saying WTF:

Cops picked up two -- count 'em two -- rocket launchers (!) (and not one, as other outlets are reporting), an LAPD official with close knowledge of the program told us. Holy hell why do people on our streets have military grade rocket launchers?​

More: 2 Rocket Launchers Turned In During LAPD Gun Buyback (PHOTOS) - Los Angeles - News - The Informer

Something is totally screwy about this story. Why would anybody that legally owns an AK 47 turn it in to the police? and for $200? I don't have the time to dig deep but on the surface I call bullshit. Most of these weapons look identical and brand new also.. That is a bit difficult to swallow. That is not what "used" guns look like that get turned in to the police on these stupid drives.

I think this picture is staged. AND the kind of person that owns a LAWS Rocket launcher is never going to give one up...and they got two of them? Nonsense!

I call MAJOR BULL SHIT!!!

Something is totally screwy about this story. Why would anybody that legally owns an AK 47 turn it in to the police? and for $200? I don't have the time to dig deep but on the surface I call bullshit. Most of these weapons look identical and brand new also.. That is a bit difficult to swallow. That is not what "used" guns look like that get turned in to the police on these stupid drives.

I think this picture is staged. AND the kind of person that owns a LAWS Rocket launcher is never going to give one up...and they got two of them? Nonsense!

I can't disagree.

rocket%20launcher%20long%20soqui.JPG

By Dennis Romero

Yesterday's LAPD gun buyback was so successful that two-hour waits and gift-card shortages were reported.

The department says it picked up 75 assault weapons as part of its no-questions-asked effort that saw $100 dollar cards handed out for handguns and long guns and $200 for the kind of rifle used in the Newtown tragedy. The LAPD says 901 handguns, 698 rifles, 363 shotguns will also be destroyed.

Good stats. But this is the one that got us saying WTF:

Cops picked up two -- count 'em two -- rocket launchers (!) (and not one, as other outlets are reporting), an LAPD official with close knowledge of the program told us. Holy hell why do people on our streets have military grade rocket launchers?​

More: 2 Rocket Launchers Turned In During LAPD Gun Buyback (PHOTOS) - Los Angeles - News - The Informer

Just as I did. So who do you think staged this bullshit excuse for a Gun Drive?

Last edited:
There are conflicting reports as to whether one or two rocket launchers were turned in on Wednesday. I suspect it may turn out that one was turned in back in May and one was turned in on Wednesday.

L.A. gun buyback nets 2,037 firearms, including 75 assault weapons - latimes.com

I think its all bullshit, Kemosabe. If this turns out to be total bullshit, do you support the bogus ssage if it helps Ban weapons?

I'll be very surprised if it turns out to have been totally staged bullshit. If it was staged, then they're as dishonest as the NaziCon lunatics.

There are conflicting reports as to whether one or two rocket launchers were turned in on Wednesday. I suspect it may turn out that one was turned in back in May and one was turned in on Wednesday.

L.A. gun buyback nets 2,037 firearms, including 75 assault weapons - latimes.com

I think its all bullshit, Kemosabe. If this turns out to be total bullshit, do you support the bogus ssage if it helps Ban weapons?

I'll be very surprised if it turns out to have been totally staged bullshit. If it was staged, then they're as dishonest as the NaziCon lunatics.
NaziCon snipe aside, I applaud you for not being a complete hack. Good on you, Man

So they would be dishonest as yourself?

NaziCon snipe aside, I applaud you for not being a complete hack. Good on you, Man

:lmao:

he is a complete hack.... stick around and you will see.

:lmao:

he is a complete hack.... stick around and you will see.
Lol! I like to reward them when they have a break from their brainwashing. I was all outta cookies.

Something is totally screwy about this story. Why would anybody that legally owns an AK 47 turn it in to the police? and for $200?

Because they don't own it legally.

the kind of person that owns a LAWS Rocket launcher is never going to give one up...and they got two of them? Nonsense!

One that's not even close to being an M72 LAW. Second it is disposable. Once it has been fired it is useless for anything other than a decorative wall hanging. Ooops another thing Lakhota failed to mention.:redface:

Last edited:
Probably a phony incident concoted by the left wing control freaks to try and help the Gun control debate. Who the hell would trade their rocket launchers for $250.00 when they could wayyy more on the street for it. Yeah right, "no questions asked", what a coinkydink.
If some dude brought in rocket launchers, it doesnt matter what they say about "no questions asked", theyd do more than ask questions. Looks like See through libtard propaganda bullshit to me.

Last time I saw a similar story, the "rocket launcher" pictured was a spent tube for a one-shot missile (IIRC, a shoulder-fired SAM). It was about as dangerous as a 4' length of 4" drainpipe, and probably worth about as much.

Forum List

Back