2 lbs of excellent burger

yummy. I barfed at work today and came home sick, but I'm starting to get hungry again...

I did have the extra thick loin center cut pork chops thawed so I fried those up with onion powder, chipotle seasoning, rubbed sage and thyme. They went well with the steamed carrots, broccoli and cauliflower in a garlic butter sauce.......

You eat farm raised pork ? I wish I could get you some wild pig. you would never go back.

And would like dinner in 1-1/2 hours.

I'm thinking I'll just make...burgers. It seems a shame to add much to this burger, it's particularly nummy.

So seasoned patties, noodle roni (I know, how awful but I'm a working mom) and canned asparagus.

That's a decent work day dinner in this house. Preferrable to Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits or individual pizzas, which is the other option, lol.

A quick spaghetti. Brown the meat with some onion, add some tomato sauce and paste, and some spices.

Meatloaf?

Brown the meat with some onion. and season. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a bit of sour cream. Cook some noodles and mix it all together.

But good old hamburgers sound great too!

really? meat and mushroom soup? what is that? kind of like a quickie stroganoff?

I did have the extra thick loin center cut pork chops thawed so I fried those up with onion powder, chipotle seasoning, rubbed sage and thyme. They went well with the steamed carrots, broccoli and cauliflower in a garlic butter sauce.......

You eat farm raised pork ? I wish I could get you some wild pig. you would never go back.

I did that once when I was really drunk. Yup she was a pig and I never went back.

I'm thinking I'll just make...burgers. It seems a shame to add much to this burger, it's particularly nummy.

So seasoned patties, noodle roni (I know, how awful but I'm a working mom) and canned asparagus.

That's a decent work day dinner in this house. Preferrable to Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits or individual pizzas, which is the other option, lol.

A quick spaghetti. Brown the meat with some onion, add some tomato sauce and paste, and some spices.

Meatloaf?

Brown the meat with some onion. and season. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a bit of sour cream. Cook some noodles and mix it all together.

My mother made an incredible Spaghetti and meatballs. She would start with a roux (true Cajun of course, everything starts with a roux) mix in the tomato sauce and paste along with a bunch of garlic and 10 onions......... cook all day. The best was the meatballs. They were a bit bigger than a major league baseball, eggs and breadcrumbs mixed in with the fresh ground sirloin and stuffed with garlic, onions, bell peppers and seasoning. Browned in a black iron skillet and then baked before putting in the sauce. You got one meatball and it was plenty. Oh and of course the garlic bread made with real Nawlins French bread.

Meatloaf?

really? meat and mushroom soup? what is that? kind of like a quickie stroganoff?

It's an American potluck stroganoff or swedish meatball recipe..I've seen it in just about every church cookbook ever printed.

Basically...

Make little meat balls; bake them or fry them so you have tiny meatballs.
Put them in a pan
Add cream of mushroom soup
Heat

Serve over egg noodles.

Last edited:

Meatloaf?

My mother made an incredible Spaghetti and meatballs. She would start with a roux (true Cajun of course, everything starts with a roux) mix in the tomato sauce and paste along with a bunch of garlic and 10 onions......... cook all day. The best was the meatballs. They were a bit bigger than a major league baseball, eggs and breadcrumbs mixed in with the fresh ground sirloin and stuffed with garlic, onions, bell peppers and seasoning. Browned in a black iron skillet and then baked before putting in the sauce. You got one meatball and it was plenty. Oh and of course the garlic bread made with real Nawlins French bread.

That is very like how my ex husband's Italian father taught me to make them.

tonight we're having chili burgers.

W/chopped onion and grated cheddar and grilled buns.

I think just salad on the side.

2 lbs of excellent burger

Anyone seen "Sparky"?

fatdog_0.jpg

:
  • <LI class=ingredient>1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef <LI class=ingredient>1/4 pound Jimmy Dean sausage (or favorite ground sausage) <LI class=ingredient>1 egg <LI class=ingredient>1/4 cup ketchup <LI class=ingredient>2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce <LI class=ingredient>1 tablespoon dry mustard <LI class=ingredient>1 tablespoon soy sauce <LI class=ingredient>1 clove minced garlic <LI class=ingredient>2 teaspoons salt <LI class=ingredient>1 teaspoon pepper <LI class=ingredient>. <LI class=ingredient>Sauce: <LI class=ingredient>2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup <LI class=ingredient>1 cup sour cream <LI class=ingredient>1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce <LI class=ingredient>1 dash Tabasco sauce
  • 1/4 cup milk
Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together for the meat mixture. DO NOT OVER MIX! Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 45 minutes or until browned. In a medium bowl mix sauce ingredients together. Place meatballs in a skillet or crock pot. Simmer for 45 minutes. May be used as main dish served over rice or noodles or as an appetizer served with toothpicks.

Easy Swedish Meatballs Recipe

Meatloaf?

It's an American potluck stroganoff or swedish meatball recipe..I've seen it in just about every church cookbook ever printed.

Basically...

Make little meat balls; bake them or fry them so you have tiny meatballs.
Put them in a pan
Add cream of mushroom soup
Heat

Serve over egg noodles.

damn... that's what i get for never having had a church cookbook. lol.

thanks. very neat.

Try some wild boar bacon......You'll never eat regular bacon again. Decadent is decadent. And wild boar bacon is decadent.

I used to put a wild boar bacon appetizer on my restaraunts appetizer menu. Cut it into a 1/2 inch thick square, and served it over micro greens with a cherry balsamic demi-sauce.....Friggin' amazing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back