2 gunmen w AR15s open fire in Houston; 2 citizens down; 4 cops; PD helicopter shot

Disappointed?

First you said "the media says...but the media is all smoke." Then you said "the trolls are picking on me - WAAAAHHHH!" Now you're saying "Where's his picture?" even though the smart people in this thread found it hours ago. When someone takes pity on you and holds your hand and shows you where to find it, you'll claim it isn't really him.

In the meantime, how many times do you plan to say "Where's his picture?"?

I guess it would be way too hard to post a link, right?
Easy. When will the Left care more about helping our veterans than about banning guns?

Gunman Slain in Houston Shooting Rampage Was Army Vet
The gunman who terrorized a quiet Houston neighborhood Sunday before a SWAT officer shot him dead was an Army veteran who served in Afghanistan and was suffering from depression, officials and family said Tuesday.

Dionisio Garza III, 25, had left San Bernardino County, California, for Texas last week to see friends in the area, Houston police said. But the trip turned into a shooting rampage in which Garza fired off 212 rounds and left another person dead and six others wounded, including two officers.

Garza "suffered from some depression," authorities told reporters. "His family indicated he wasn't feeling right and came here to hang out with his friend."

"It appears to be someone who was in a mental health crisis," officials added.
160531-dionisio-garza-jsw_fe606ceb56ddf44c9a291f266b3cbaec.nbcnews-ux-320-320.jpg

The right controls congress, what have they done for the vets? Don't forget repubs sent them to war in the first place.

Who has run the VA for the past 7+ years?

There's been problems with the VA for years and years, it's not the fault of just one administration. To try and blame one administration is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but when a problem is brought to the national attention and the current administration fails to make any progress at correcting the problem. only they need to shoulder the blame.

I guess it would be way too hard to post a link, right?
Easy. When will the Left care more about helping our veterans than about banning guns?

The gunman who terrorized a quiet Houston neighborhood Sunday before a SWAT officer shot him dead was an Army veteran who served in Afghanistan and was suffering from depression, officials and family said Tuesday.

Dionisio Garza III, 25, had left San Bernardino County, California, for Texas last week to see friends in the area, Houston police said. But the trip turned into a shooting rampage in which Garza fired off 212 rounds and left another person dead and six others wounded, including two officers.

Garza "suffered from some depression," authorities told reporters. "His family indicated he wasn't feeling right and came here to hang out with his friend."

160531-dionisio-garza-jsw_fe606ceb56ddf44c9a291f266b3cbaec.nbcnews-ux-320-320.jpg

The right controls congress, what have they done for the vets? Don't forget repubs sent them to war in the first place.

There's been problems with the VA for years and years, it's not the fault of just one administration. To try and blame one administration is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but when a problem is brought to the national attention and the current administration fails to make any progress at correcting the problem. only they need to shoulder the blame.

We've had national attention on the neglect of our veterans brought to our attention during every single war, starting from the beginning, including the past administration. This country has never treated veterans properly. I guess you'd like to pretend this is brand new, starting with Obummer, while completely ignoring history.

I remember when this was brought to our attention in 2004 and in 2007. We had soldiers suffering for weeks on end, in rat infested quarters, waiting for a decision on their military status and a ruling on the level of benefits they would receive. It also came out that these soldiers were pressured to keep quiet about it.

Here's an article from 1997 covering homeless vets.

Of the homeless veterans surveyed this year, 42% were Vietnam veterans. Vietnam veterans represent only about 10% of the overall veteran population, according to figures from Vietnam Veterans of America and the VA.

Shelter Study Finds Third of Homeless Men Are Veterans

We could go all the way back to the Revolutionary War, but I don't have the time. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say you were a teacher?

Obama's promises kept:

Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals

Expand Veterans Centers in rural areas

Fully fund the Veterans Administration

Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as 'must-pass' legislation

Expand the Veterans Administration's number of "centers of excellence" in specialty care

Expand the Veterans Administration's number of "centers of excellence" in specialty care

Expand housing vouchers program for homeless veterans

Bills Signed by the President today, 12/16/09

Fact Sheets on Key Issues

The Department of Housing and Urban Development and VA's Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program - Homeless Veterans

Last edited:

We've had national attention on the neglect of our veterans brought to our attention during every single war, starting from the beginning, including the past administration. This country has never treated veterans properly. I guess you'd like to pretend this is brand new, starting with Obummer, while completely ignoring history.

I remember when this was brought to our attention in 2004 and in 2007. We had soldiers suffering for weeks on end, in rat infested quarters, waiting for a decision on their military status and a ruling on the level of benefits they would receive. It also came out that these soldiers were pressured to keep quiet about it.

Of the homeless veterans surveyed this year, 42% were Vietnam veterans. Vietnam veterans represent only about 10% of the overall veteran population, according to figures from Vietnam Veterans of America and the VA.

We could go all the way back to the Revolutionary War, but I don't have the time. :)

Obama's promises kept:

Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals

Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as 'must-pass' legislation

The Department of Housing and Urban Development and VA's Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program - Homeless Veterans

Those infamous issues with quarters were not with the VA but at military hospitals where we were treating wounded veterans who were still on active duty.

I am a Navy veteran, my son (Afghanistan) and daughter-in-law are Army veterans, my son-in-law (Afghanistan) was a Navy and Army veteran, and my daughter is a 2LT in the Army right now, so I guess i don't know anything about this topic.

Obama's promises kept:

Those infamous issues with quarters were not with the VA but at military hospitals where we were treating wounded veterans who were still on active duty.

I am a Navy veteran, my son (Afghanistan) and daughter-in-law are Army veterans, my son-in-law (Afghanistan) was a Navy and Army veteran, and my daughter is a 2LT in the Army right now, so I guess i don't know anything about this topic.

Judging by your last post, no. You said the Obama admin failed to make any progress and that is a lie.

Forum List

Back