2 Found Shot Dead Near Common Illegal Border Crossing in Arizona

The crime rate dropped across the country in 2009 for the third straight year.

WASHINGTON — Crime in the United States dropped dramatically in 2009, bucking a historical trend that links rising crime rates to economic woes. Property crimes and violent offenses each declined about 5 percent, the FBI said Monday, citing reports from law enforcement coast to coast.
It was the third straight year of declines, and this year's drops were even steeper than those of 2007 and 2008, despite the recession.
The Associated Press: Crime rates down for third year, despite recession

Of course it did - one can say how coincidental that it dropped in the years where there have been more deportations and when many cities including Los Angeles proclaimed war against the gang bangers and amongst those were many illegals.

Washington DC proper doesn't have much to do with either Virginia or Maryland (slightly more to do with Maryland since they are on the same side of the river and things naturally flow back and forth easier). But, DC is its own microcosm. It was murder capital while the burbs were nice and safe. I would not extrapolate based on what happens in DC proper. I live 35 miles southwest of DC....so that post isn't closer for me. As far as migration, there wouldn't be too much migration from PWC to Washington DC. Too expensive. The Hispanic population is pretty much located in the Adams-Morgan area in DC. Since the riots in the early 1990s, this has become a fairly popular area and rents have increased a lot.

Therefore most of the illegals will stay in one burb or another.

Forum List

Back