2 Fleebaggers Wrote Law That WI GOP Will Use to Defeat Activist Judge’s Ruling

Senate Rule 93 says that when the Legislature is in special session, “A notice of a committee meeting is not required other than posting on the legislative bulletin board.”

Hey Moonbats.....

The Republicans inquired from the Clerk (who works for BOTH the Republican and Democratic sides) what was necessary in order to make the vote legal.

The Clerk's research cited Rule 93.

So the Republicans not only posted it on the legislative bulletin board (which was their ONLY requirement) but also emailed the Democrats. They actually went over and above the rule that was written by 2 fleebaggers.

Therefore, the vote was perfectly legal and any judge that would rule in any way that this very CLEAR rule was followed has to be an activist judge (or one that can't read).

By all means ruin the unions and transfer the wealth to the top, but what you forget to understand is all you dummy's who aren't in a Union are getting screwed right along with them. The union workers haven't gained anything of great advantage over the years except to stay where they were. But now all of you, the left and the right and the poor can help the rich obtain even more as you learn to do with less and less, got to love it don't you.

you unions support you own damn selves and leave the taxpayers and their money alone. do that and then we'll talk. til then stfu commie.

So what you're saying is that the workers who do work for the taxpayers (cops, firefighters, teachers, garbage collectors, etc.) are not entitled to be paid for the work they do? Who the fuck do you think you are expecting them to work for free?

I just love it when people cry "it's my money" but they refuse to acknowlegde their DEBT.

For some reason you can't see the differance between public and private sector unions..Must be a mental block.:eusa_eh: Public sector unions negotiate with politicians for thier contracts, the same poilticians that they support with campaign contributions. Money collected in unions dues ( in most cases collected by the state or local governments themselves). It's a racket, and should be stopped which is what they are doing in Wisconson and other states.:cool:

oh shut up "activist Judge". Its her Job dipshit.

I love it when Liberal's have nothing and can only resort to ad hominem attacks and name calling.

Yes...ACTIVIST judge!

An activist judge is one who rules on EMOTIONS and AGENDAS while ignoring the LAW.

This judge has done so before also.....

You DO know it's illegal in Wisconsin for teachers to strike. Yet, while KNOWING that law, this judge ruled in favor of striking teachers against a school board that said they were breaking the law in striking.

Again, she's IGNORING this law - written by Democrats - which was the very law the Republicans used in passing their legislation.

No you dumbshit, She was asked to put the law that just passed on hold because the dems feel it broke the open meetings law.

The law that passed has not been ruled on. No judge has declared it illegal yet.

She is only being called Activist by you, because you are a hack.
The dimwits are wrong. They are the ones that left the state and failed to do their jobs and then cry about it passing using a law they wrote in part, idiots.

It figures. :lol:

Two Wisconsin fleebaggers wrote the law Republicans will use to defeat the political ruling yesterday by activist Judge Maryann Sumi that blocked the publication of a controversial new union law.

The Wisconsin State Journal reported:

Senate Rule 93 says that when the Legislature is in special session, “A notice of a committee meeting is not required other than posting on the legislative bulletin board.”

That’s the rule Republican leaders are citing in their contention that one of the votes leading up to passage of Gov. Scott Walker’s controversial anti-union bill was legal.

One ironic footnote: The rule was written in 1983 by two of the Democratic senators who left Wisconsin last month to avoid voting on the bill, Sen. Tim Cullen, D-Janesville, and Sen. Fred Risser, D-Madison.

The two were among 14 senators who fled to Illinois to slow down the bill, which Walker and Republican leaders were fast-tracking through the Legislature.

Now that is funny....or it it more correct to call it ironic?

Reminds one of the Paula Jones case, where the case against Bill Cllinton was strengthened due to a law he signed!

"I felt sorry for President William Jefferson Clinton, until I found out that in 1994, he signed sexual harassment legislation, that made it possible for those personal private sexual questions to be asked and his privacy violated."
Freedom to Right

You can't write stuff like this!
His privacy wasn't violated. He was working in the oval office doing the peoples work makes him a public official, no privacy violated there, nice try but fail.

Two Wisconsin fleebaggers wrote the law Republicans will use to defeat the political ruling yesterday by activist Judge Maryann Sumi that blocked the publication of a controversial new union law.....

I'll bet you don't consider the Florida judge an "activist judge" that struck down Obamacare. I wonder why that is?

Because it was the right decision, obamacare is unconstitutional. An activist judge makes the wrong decision.

Two Wisconsin fleebaggers wrote the law Republicans will use to defeat the political ruling yesterday by activist Judge Maryann Sumi that blocked the publication of a controversial new union law.....

I'll bet you don't consider the Florida judge an "activist judge" that struck down Obamacare. I wonder why that is?

because he's a moron????
Nope, the moron is in the white house.

oh shut up "activist Judge". Its her Job dipshit.

I love it when Liberal's have nothing and can only resort to ad hominem attacks and name calling.

Yes...ACTIVIST judge!

An activist judge is one who rules on EMOTIONS and AGENDAS while ignoring the LAW.

This judge has done so before also.....

You DO know it's illegal in Wisconsin for teachers to strike. Yet, while KNOWING that law, this judge ruled in favor of striking teachers against a school board that said they were breaking the law in striking.

Again, she's IGNORING this law - written by Democrats - which was the very law the Republicans used in passing their legislation.

No you dumbshit, She was asked to put the law that just passed on hold because the dems feel it broke the open meetings law.

The law that passed has not been ruled on. No judge has declared it illegal yet.

She is only being called Activist by you, because you are a hack.
Okay, so she's engaged in politics. Gotcha.

Activist Judge.

Two Wisconsin fleebaggers wrote the law Republicans will use to defeat the political ruling yesterday by activist Judge Maryann Sumi that blocked the publication of a controversial new union law.

The Wisconsin State Journal reported:

That’s the rule Republican leaders are citing in their contention that one of the votes leading up to passage of Gov. Scott Walker’s controversial anti-union bill was legal.

One ironic footnote: The rule was written in 1983 by two of the Democratic senators who left Wisconsin last month to avoid voting on the bill, Sen. Tim Cullen, D-Janesville, and Sen. Fred Risser, D-Madison.

The two were among 14 senators who fled to Illinois to slow down the bill, which Walker and Republican leaders were fast-tracking through the Legislature.

Premises:

1. The legislature of Wisconsin can meet under two types of sessions: Regular and Special.

2. If I remember correctly the stripped down Budget Repair Bill was passed on the night of March 9th.

3. The 2011-2012 proposed session schedule shows the legislature was scheduled to be in Regular Session from March 8 through March 10th. (WI Legislature - Session Schedule)

4. From the Wisconsin Constitution (http://legis.wisconsin.gov/rsb/unannotated_wisconst.pdf) …
Article IV, §11
Meeting of legislature. SECTION 11. [As amended Nov.
1881 and April 1968] The legislature shall meet at the seat of
government at such time as shall be provided by law, unless convened
by the governor in special session, and when so convened
no business shall be transacted except as shall be necessary to
accomplish the special purposes for which it was convened.​

5. Senate Rule 93 (Wisconsin Legislature Data)

Senate Rule 93. Special or extraordinary sessions. Unless otherwise provided by the senate for a specific special or extraordinary session, the rules of the senate adopted for the biennial session, with the following modifications, apply to each special session called by the governor and to each extraordinary session called by the senate and assembly organization committees or called by a joint resolution approved by both houses:

Senate Rule 93 (2)
(2) A notice of a committee meeting is not required other than posting on the legislative bulletin board, and a bulletin of committee hearings may not be published.​

Premises #4 and #5 show that under the Wisconsin State Constitution and Rules of the Senate, that there are two types of session under which the legislature meets: Regular and Special Sessions. The State Constitution indicates they will meet in accordance with prescribed law (Regular Session) and Special Sessions (if recalled into session by the Governor). Logically speaking the Governor would not need to call the legislature to session if it is already in session. Special Sessions are used to reconvene the legislature when they have adjourned for breaks and called by the Governor to attend to a specific purpose. Just because the law was passed at night, does not make it a “Special Session” since it was a normal legislative business day.

Since on March 9th the legislature was in a regularly scheduled period, then it would not have been called by the Governor and so it would have been a Regular Session and not a Special Session.

Senate Rule 93 explicitly states that the modification of the rules only applies to Special Sessions, since March 9th was a Regular Session the modification of the rules would not have applied. Unless the record of the Senate shows they had a motion to adjourn and vote to adjourned early (prior to March 10th, well actually March 9th) and then that the Governor actually issued a recall notice to Senate to reconvene on March 9th stating a specific purpose (i.e. stripping and passing the Budget Repair Bill).

Has any one seen for formal declaration to adjourn the Regular Session buy the Senate and the subsequently required recall notice by the Governor?

>>>>

Nice straw man argument there....too bad for you that it isn't a rebuttal appropriate to this thread.

You don't KNOW if I thought the judge in Florida was an activist judge or not.

You just threw that in as pure deflection away from a topic in which you can't think of anything better to try and discredit it.

Wow!! Nice deflection!! I'll bet you just threw that in as pure deflection away from a topic in which you can't think of anything better to try and discredit the fact that I was 100% correct. :lol:

Sadly, far too much state and federal legislation is now written by corporate lawyers, and think tank minions.

Why we even bother pretending that our legislators are in charge I don't know.

They get their marching orders and they vote accordingly.

That's why in large part so much legislation is being passed. now, that none of them even bother to read.

They conclude, and rightly so, I guess, that reading it -- when they already know how they've being ordered to vote -- is just a total waste of their time.

And that's time that they'd better spend pandering to their corporate masters for more campaign funding

Last edited:
Corporate power, aka wealth power, is omnipresent in America as all of the major companies and media sources are corporate owned, and families, even of crooks, don't criticize fellow family. The right wing has been under their power since forever as privilege assumes it is just desert. Legislation is rules made law and until overturned should be honored, only thing is, wingnuts only honor and worship the dollar, honor has no place with these ideologues.

"Corporate propaganda directed outwards, that is, to the public at large, has two main objectives: to identify the free enterprise system in popular consciousness with every cherished value, and to identify interventionist governments and strong unions (the only agencies capable of checking a complete domination of society by corporations) with tyranny, oppression and even subversion. The techniques used to achieve these results are variously called 'public relations', 'corporate communications' and 'economic education'." Alex Carey 'Taking the Risk out of Democracy' [see also Democracy after Citizens United | MIT World ]

i'm really bored of rightwingnut imbeciles tossing around terms that they have no clue about.

activist, my butt...

I could say I'm bored with Barking Moonbats who can't possibly think of a rebuttal so they just post something meaningless....but I find it more amusing than boring.

It shows off your low IQ.

well, you could, oh braindead hack, but you'd sound even more ignorant than you already do.

1. words have meaning;
2. not everyone who isn't to the right of atillia the hun is a "barking moonbat".
3. you don't have a clue what i believe other than that you're stupid and haven't a clue.

and....

4. rightwingnut trolls like you really aren't in a position to comment on anyone else's intelligence.

oh.. yeah, pssssssst... learn something about law and our judicial system before you try talking about it.

Willow Tree got mutilated late last night.

USMB moonbats again!

Ah-Oooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what you're saying is that the workers who do work for the taxpayers (cops, firefighters, teachers, garbage collectors, etc.) are not entitled to be paid for the work they do? Who the fuck do you think you are expecting them to work for free?

I just love it when people cry "it's my money" but they refuse to acknowlegde their DEBT.

Give the Taxpayerrs a seat at your bargaining table then we'll talk.

What is there to talk about? They do the work and you want it done for free.

BTW....the taxpayers are ALL sitting at the table when elected officials bargain with them. I learned that in 5th grade. :eusa_whistle:

See asswipe of a moonbat,, (oh the visual) that's the deal, you lie,, we don't want it for free, we just can't afford to pay what yer askin, we're going broke. So now, what to do? Oh and btw your own damn self,, our elected officals are bought off by you corrupt union bastards so we want clean unpaid for representation at the bargaining table. If you learned in 5th grade that is situation was non corrupt your unionized teacher lied to your gullible ass. Thanks.

Last edited:
It must be quite embarrassing for Jillian and DaGoose to have NUTHIN of substance to refute my posts :lol:

Jillian doesn't even seem to know what a troll is. But I give Jillian credit.....what she lacks in intelligence, she more than makes up for with hate.

The only one with anything even approaching an on-topic rebuttal is WorldWatcher, but the fact is that the Republicans emailed and posted that they were convening a SPECIAL SESSION to vote on this legislation so they not only followed the requirements, but went above them with the emails.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back