2 Fla. lawmakers want golf courses in state parks

USAMomma

Jul 14, 2010
:eek:

:evil:

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Two state legislators have filed bills that would require the state Division of Recreation and Parks to build golf courses in state parks in every region of Florida.
Bills filed last week by Sen. John Thrasher and Rep. Patrick Rooney would create a Jack Nicklaus Golf Trail around Florida.
The bills call for at least one Nicklaus-designed course to be built in state parks in all five regions of Florida. Rooney's version specifically names one park that has to get a Nicklaus course: Jonathan Dickinson State Park in Martin County on the east coast.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/10/2107234/2-fla-lawmakers-want-golf-courses.html

I guess Golf Courses are more of a money maker than State Parks...You suppose if it goes through the people paying taxes for State Parks will get a refund?:confused:

My guess, not likely.:doubt:

Last edited:
That is in response to Alabama's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.

We have made a freaking killing with that project.

A Nicklaus Trail, combined with Florida's weather, would rake it in hand over fist!

:eek:

:evil:

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Two state legislators have filed bills that would require the state Division of Recreation and Parks to build golf courses in state parks in every region of Florida.
Bills filed last week by Sen. John Thrasher and Rep. Patrick Rooney would create a Jack Nicklaus Golf Trail around Florida.
The bills call for at least one Nicklaus-designed course to be built in state parks in all five regions of Florida. Rooney's version specifically names one park that has to get a Nicklaus course: Jonathan Dickinson State Park in Martin County on the east coast.
2 Fla. lawmakers want golf courses in state parks - Florida Wires - MiamiHerald.com

I guess Golf Courses are more of a money maker than State Parks...You suppose if it goes through the people paying taxes for State Parks will get a refund?:confused:

My guess, not likely.:doubt:

Of course private businesses can run State Parks better than the government.

I mean, the government would probably just the everglades a swampy mess and now we could have grass on it!

I wonder if the average taxpayer could afford the green fees on a Nicklaus course.

I wonder if the average taxpayer could afford the green fees on a Nicklaus course.

Most would certainly not be able to afford it. And again, as for tax refunds for those who paid taxes for State Parks, any bets on if there will be any such refunds?:confused:

Like I said, my guess, no way.:evil:

This I feel to be very true

Off the subject slightly, but Private Security did a better job at security screening at airports that the DHS/TSA imho.

This I feel to be very true

Off the subject slightly, but Private Security did a better job at security screening at airports that the DHS/TSA imho.

My entire post was facetous.

We've had them in the Commonwealth of Virginia for decades, mostly on the county level, contracted out so the state or county doesn't run them. They're inexpensive you play on and the contractor and state/counties makes money off of it. Pretty much a win, win , win for all involved.

Forum List

Back