2 Cops shot dead by crazy gun nut Obama hater

And yet we see the law being circumvented...

I'm not saying I disagree, but it appears there are too many ways for some people to wriggle through the cracks.

The fact that a law is being circumvented doesn't mean you need new laws. It means you need to enforce the ones you have.

Yes, I know, and I basically agree with you (see my earlier posts).

ANYONE who knows someone with guns and CRAZY assed ideas about killing the people who are soon going to be coming for their guns should report them.

All it takes is a cop stopping them for a ticket and the mayhem could begin.

Stop adding to the insanity with LIES abotu this government and report the gun nuts who are claiming they will kill people for the safety of their guns.

Shut up unless you have something coherent to say.

ANYONE who knows someone with guns and CRAZY assed ideas about killing the people who are soon going to be coming for their guns should report them.

Stop adding to the insanity with LIES abotu this government and report the gun nuts who are claiming they will kill people for the safety of their guns.

yes, we should all be informers for the govt especially if it's someone we disagree with. it's the american way.

and i can't count the number of times i've heard people say they'd kill for the safety of their guns.

oh, wait. zero's a number. :lol:

Exactly who on this board are you saying would not warn the cops if someone was lying in wait with intent to shoot them?

ROFL... Well sure, there's your apples and they are FRUITS... JUST LIKE MY ORANGES...

What ya have here is an imbecile that failed to maintain his INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY TO NOT EXERCISE HIS RIGHTS TO THE DETRIMENT OF OTHERS TO EXERCISE THEIR OWN RIGHTS... and in so doing he MISUSED A FIREARM...

Thus the solution is to conclude that ANY USE of a FIREARM which results in the death of another is a MISUSE of a firearm.

Here's the thing though... that's what firearms are designed to do... that's their purpose... and that design is such because there are many instances in humanity where such is perfectly necessary and perfectly justifiable... THIS WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE INSTANCES... but that THIS DUMBASS FAILED TO MAINTAIN HIS RESPONSIBILITY IN NO WAY EFFECTS THE RIGHTS OF ANYONE ELSE.

This guy's reasoning is known only to him.. He's dead... He misused his rights and it cost two others their rights... Welcome to the human race. File this under "SHIT HAPPENS."

Now the Irony comes in where YOU are ADVOCATING FOR THE USURPATION OF THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS, AS A FUNCTION OF YOUR RIGHTS; you just feel superior in doing so because your wanting someone else; specifically the STATE; to do the dirty work for ya... you erroneously feel that when the LAW usurps the rights of other that it's LEGAL... thus somehow less of a failure on your part and those in the legislature or courts, to NOT EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS...

Has it occured to you that: That is how wars are started?

Where JUSTICE is twisted to implement INJUSTICE? Where the will of one people seeks to override the valid and true, and closely held rights of others?

That's the thing about principle, it remains valid throughout the ENTIRE EQUATION... meaning that it's no LESS WRONG FOR YOU TO SEEK TO STRIP SOMEONE OF THEIR RIGHTS< than it was for this unfortunate moron... and that you do not recognize that doesn't bode well for you, assuming you're wanting to escape the MORON category...

Think about that... what the difference between your advocacy to strip others of their rights, through the force of law; which extends to the armed police force which enforces that law and this idiot who failed to live up to HIS RESPONSIBILITY... and used what force HE COULD EXERT TO UNJUSTIFIABLY STRIP OTHERS OF THEIR RIGHTS?

You have been corrected already. I'm calling YOU, not the paper, not the shooter, not the cops, partisan. YOU wrote the thread title with no evidence whatsoever that this guy being severely disturbed over Obama's election had ANYTHING to do with the shooting.

The news article did NOT say he was an unbalanced Obama hater. That's YOU making connections that are not present.

Nothing can be done to prevent the behavior. That's what happens when you live in an allegedly free society. Cops are ALWAYS in reaction mode. The criminal ALWAYS dictates the action.
I did not say that his feelings for Obama were motivation. The cops trying to apprehend him was what made him draw and squeeze off rounds at police officers. That, and the fact that he was a
a crazy fucker.
I simply put the "Gun nut + Obama hater" together in the thread name.
I could 've added he was righthanded, that he weighed 220 pounds, was a bouncer, was laid off from his job, that he had serious anger issues.

He did kill 2 cops, he was a gun nut, he hated Obama.
Or as the paper said, he was "severely disturbed' by Obama being elected.

A lot of people on this board would describe themselves as being "severely disturbed" by Obama being elected. It's not as singular a phrase as you seem to feel.
I don't care if they adore or loath Obama, or any other politician or celebrity.
Separate crazy fuckers from deadly weapons.

That doesn't say I suggest or condone harassing and confiscating weapons from only Obama hating Conservatives.
THAT fallacy is a perfect example of the RW paranoia - self centerred persecution complex.
Such irrational paranoid behavior is childishly self centered, unattractive, repulsive, no matter who does it.

I am saying that WE as responsible citizens, as thinking, alert human beings,
need to pay attention to reducing the worst case scenarios of what happens when deeply unbalanced, angry people have access to deadly weapons.
Not wait for courts and police to intervene.
Take their guns away, and their swords and their nunchukkas and their poison darts and their military knives.

That is not a political statement. It is self preservation.
I'd rather restrict a violent nut's access to weapons than have to keep my hand on the butt of mine, for fear that he or ANYONE will snap at any second and start shooting.
That is not my view of what the 2nd Amendment was written to protect - a society where everyone is packing heat, everyone's itchy and worried and ready to empty a clip in all directions.
Always at the mercy of the worst mood swing of the craziest among us.

I am proactive, not passively reactive, as Gunny seems to be advocating.
"Nothing we can do until he starts shooting".
To hell with that.
I have and will take a crazy fuckers weapons from dangerous people.
Not because that person would be a RWer who I think is hysterically wrong in his unattached to reality opinions,
but because that person is dangerous.
There is a difference.

I did not say that his feelings for Obama were motivation. The cops trying to apprehend him was what made him draw and squeeze off rounds at police officers. That, and the fact that he was a
a crazy fucker.
I could 've added he was righthanded, that he weighed 220 pounds, was a bouncer, was laid off from his job, that he had serious anger issues.

A lot of people on this board would describe themselves as being "severely disturbed" by Obama being elected. It's not as singular a phrase as you seem to feel.

need to pay attention to reducing the worst case scenarios of what happens when deeply unbalanced, angry people have access to deadly weapons.

"Deeply unbalanced, angry people" according to whom?

Actually, forget it. It's a discussion that can lead nowhere productive.

a crazy fucker.

I don't care if they adore or loath Obama, or any other politician or celebrity.

That doesn't say I suggest or condone harassing and confiscating weapons from only Obama hating Conservatives.
THAT fallacy is a perfect example of the RW paranoia - self centerred persecution complex.
Such irrational paranoid behavior is childishly self centered, unattractive, repulsive, no matter who does it.

Take their guns away, and their swords and their nunchukkas and their poison darts and their military knives.

I'd rather restrict a violent nut's access to weapons than have to keep my hand on the butt of mine, for fear that he or ANYONE will snap at any second and start shooting.
That is not my view of what the 2nd Amendment was written to protect - a society where everyone is packing heat, everyone's itchy and worried and ready to empty a clip in all directions.

To hell with that.
Not because that person would be a RWer who I think is hysterically wrong in his unattached to reality opinions,
There is a difference.

And I am saying two cops tried to disarm this guy and look at THEM; yet, you are telling others who don't even have law enforcement training to try the same shit.

I'm not advocating that you are passively reactive. I am advocating that you are reactionary and self-righteous to the point that common sense isn't prevailing.

You are the one unattached to reality. You try and take my gun when I have decided you won't and you just get dead. THAT simple.

Exactly. The gist of it is anyone "he" thinks is unbalanced, he is going to disarm. So not only is he an expert psychoanalyst, but apparently Chuck Norris as well.

a crazy fucker.

To hell with that.
There is a difference.

Here's the problem... You don't get to decide whose crazy... and given that CRAZY is so throughly SUBJECTIVE... and often the final anaysis is founded in the ACTION which SOLIDIFIES THE ANALYSIS... your in essense seeking to use 'science' to determine who gets to hold individual rights...

Which is IRONIC AS HELL given the ceaseless advocacy for the RIGHTS OF THOSE WHO PLOTTED AND EXECUTED THE MASS MURDER OF 3000 PEOPLE...

Which disqualifies you and pretty much across the board...

What's more... I've personally disarmed individuals, friends who I knew were goign through a tough patch. Walked right in their house and stolen their guns... put them in my safe... drove to their location and told them exactly what I did... and guess what; in BOTH circumstances (granted each one was slightly different) NEITHER ONE even hesitated... and BOTH thanked me... albeit down the road.

What's more, I've taken my guns to friends and told them to take them to someone else, unknown to me to hold them, when I was not well suited to the responsibility...

And there have been several times, in my life when I've used my side arm and my shotgun to defend myself and my family...

So shut the fuck up... people tend to do what's best and people tend to BE RESPONSIBLE; but that doesn't guarantee perfection and while human rights are imperfect, THEY'RE MADE LESS PERFECT BY PEOPLE WHO ADVOCATE THEIR USURPATION, ON THE PREMISE THAT IT'S AN IMPERFECT SYSTEM... which is only amplified by the certainty that the loudest advocates of such ARE AMONG THE LEAST PERFECT AND ADVOCATES OF THE MOST DISCREDITED IDEOLOGY IN HUMAN HISTORY!

It is BEYOND ABSURD TO READ SOMEONE WHO ADVACTES FOR THE IDEOLOGY WHICH MURDERED 150 MILLION HUMAN BEINGS, PLEADING THAT THE WORLD SHOULD CONCEDE TO THEIR DESIRES< TO SAVE HUMAN LIFE...

Funny stuff...

To hell with that.
There is a difference.

And I am saying two cops tried to disarm this guy and look at THEM; yet, you are telling others who don't even have law enforcement training to try the same shit.

I'm not advocating that you are passively reactive. I am advocating that you are reactionary and self-righteous to the point that common sense isn't prevailing.

You are the one unattached to reality. You try and take my gun when I have decided you won't and you just get dead. THAT simple.
You resort to emotional outbursts and keyboard commando threats.
Classy.

Nobody ever said anything about taking YOUR guns away, "Gunny".
Are you concerned that people who know you would consider you to be a "Go Postal" risk ?
Your postings show that your emotions seem to lead the way, and get loose on you.

Do you have uncontrollable temper tantrums, do you worry and fear that "the government" is going to get you, take you guns and 'rights' ?
If so........get to the VA. They have good counselling.

To hell with that.
There is a difference.

Here's the problem... You don't get to decide whose crazy... and given that CRAZY is so throughly SUBJECTIVE... and often the final anaysis is founded in the ACTION which SOLIDIFIES THE ANALYSIS... your in essense seeking to use 'science' to determine who gets to hold individual rights...

Which is IRONIC AS HELL given the ceaseless advocacy for the RIGHTS OF THOSE WHO PLOTTED AND EXECUTED THE MASS MURDER OF 3000 PEOPLE...

Which disqualifies you and pretty much across the board...

What's more... I've personally disarmed individuals, friends who I knew were goign through a tough patch. Walked right in their house and stolen their guns... put them in my safe... drove to their location and told them exactly what I did... and guess what; in BOTH circumstances (granted each one was slightly different) NEITHER ONE even hesitated... and BOTH thanked me... albeit down the road.

What's more, I've taken my guns to friends and told them to take them to someone else, unknown to me to hold them, when I was not well suited to the responsibility...

And there have been several times, in my life when I've used my side arm and my shotgun to defend myself and my family...

So shut the fuck up... people tend to do what's best and people tend to BE RESPONSIBLE; but that doesn't guarantee perfection and while human rights are imperfect, THEY'RE MADE LESS PERFECT BY PEOPLE WHO ADVOCATE THEIR USURPATION, ON THE PREMISE THAT IT'S AN IMPERFECT SYSTEM... which is only amplified by the certainty that the loudest advocates of such ARE AMONG THE LEAST PERFECT AND ADVOCATES OF THE MOST DISCREDITED IDEOLOGY IN HUMAN HISTORY!

It is BEYOND ABSURD TO READ SOMEONE WHO ADVACTES FOR THE IDEOLOGY WHICH MURDERED 150 MILLION HUMAN BEINGS, PLEADING THAT THE WORLD SHOULD CONCEDE TO THEIR DESIRES< TO SAVE HUMAN LIFE...

Funny stuff...
PUBES - it doesn't take a PhD in psychology to see from your rambling disjointed emotional wild raving posts that you
are crazy.

You fit in here, perfectly.

You know - multiple cop shootings are on the rise since these whackos started stocking up on guns. But hey, let's give them assault rifle permits and AK-47's so they can REALLY go out there and cause havoc!

I'm all for the right to bear arms, as in a gun or two around the house for self defensive measures. I also have zero problem with gun collectors. But I am not a fan of people having and using military grade weapons - especially when they outgun police officers.

This is just a HUGE pot of water that is leading up to a boil. The radicals like Sarah Palin and co. got the right wing fired up when they tried to peg Obama as someone who "pals around with terrorists." Crowds would shout "TERRORIST!" at McCain rallies when called upon to describe Obama... and even though Obama has not made one single solitary comment about guns since he was elected, the far right has stocked up on guns like toy trains.

We are due for a severely hot summer with the coming El Nino... if one of these right-wing fuckers gets a clear shot on Obama - you can expect massive riots this summer. Pig flu. Economy. Socialism. May Day protests....All of the ingredients are coming together nicely now for a Summer no one will forget. Wish I could just leave the country from June - September.

I'm dying for you to prove that.

Can somebody please tell me what country has been made "more free" or "less violent" by disarming the populace?

Shut up unless you have something coherent to say.
then she'd have nothing to say
;)

Sorry, I don't think somebody who will die to protect our constitutional right to have an bear arms is a "nut".

Exactly. The gist of it is anyone "he" thinks is unbalanced, he is going to disarm. So not only is he an expert psychoanalyst, but apparently Chuck Norris as well.
Chuck is a slow clumsy hack.

Forum List

Back