2/3rds of Americans want Scotus to overturn Ocare

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Grampa Murked U, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,871
    New Poll: The Supreme Court and the Health Care Law - NYTimes.com

More than two-thirds of Americans hope the Supreme Court will overturn some or all of the 2010 health care law, according to a new poll conducted by The New York Times and CBS News. Just 24 percent said they hoped the court “would keep the entire health care law in place.”

The Supreme Court is expected to decide a challenge to the law by the end of this month.

Forty-one percent of those surveyed said the court should strike down the entire law, and another 27 percent said the justices should overturn only the individual mandate, which requires most Americans to obtain health insurance or pay a penalty.

24% like it? What's our USMB population?

2. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,871
    Since only 24% want to keep it intact please explain to me how this helps Obama or hurts the GOP. I have seen many on here explain that if overturned it would seriously hurt the GOP. Thing is I bet its only the far left in that 24% and we weren't gonna get their votes anyhow. The only winner in this is Liberty. The only loser in this is Obama and the disgusting congress that voted for it.

I know, I know....my 24 year old daughter wont get a free ride anymore. Oh wait, she already has her own plan.

3. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,871
    Since only 24% want to keep it intact please explain to me how this helps Obama or hurts the GOP. I have seen many on here explain that if overturned it would seriously hurt the GOP. Thing is I bet its only the far left in that 24% and we weren't gonna get their votes anyhow. The only winner in this is Liberty. The only loser in this is Obama and the disgusting congress that voted for it.

I know, I know....my 24 year old daughter wont get a free ride anymore. Oh wait, she already has her own plan.

4. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Romney said he'd make sure it was GONE. But it may be gone or damaged by the SCOTUS before he gets there.

5. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Hopefully SCOTUS doesn't overturn it, it needs to be law so we know what's in it.

Oh and Gramps I can't believe you want your 24 year old daughter to be shoved out of the emergency room to bleed out in the street, you monster!

6. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,617
    If the individual mandate is found to be unconstitutional by the Court and overturned, the poll strongly indicates that 68 percent of Americans will say, "Good!"

This can't possibly cause harm to the GOP, but it can certainly put a dent in Obama.

As I have been saying for some time now, this election is going to be determined not by the number of votes a candidate gets. It will be determined by the number of voters the other guy causes to stay home.

If Obama looks like a loser because of a Supreme Court decision that goes against the only thing that is his signature accomplishment, many of his supporters will stay home, which is a boon to Romney.

On the flip side, it must be noted that one cannot assume that all of the 41 percent who want the entire ACA legislation thrown out are Republicans or conservatives. There are many liberals who want the public option or even universal healthcare who hate the ACA as much as any Rushie dittohead or Hannazi armband wearer.

7. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,617
    Something else to think about:

If the individual mandate is thrown out, that effectively breaks the back of the entire ACA.

And that means health care reform will have to be started from scratch.

And that means the next Congress will be the one starting it from scratch.

And that means whoever controls the next Congress will control the outcome of the next healthcare reform.

So you better have a healthcare plan and start talking about it. Now. And it better be a hell of a lot more than what fits on a bumper sticker.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  8. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    [​IMG]

9. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Why would Romney be opposed to RomneyCare?

Is he a flip flopper?

A douchebag?

A waffler?

Is 3 years too long at Harvard? What about 4?

10. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    RomneyCare was in the Commonwealth NOT imposed Federally.

Big Difference. Pay attention.