2/3rds of Americans want Scotus to overturn Ocare

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
New Poll: The Supreme Court and the Health Care Law - NYTimes.com

More than two-thirds of Americans hope the Supreme Court will overturn some or all of the 2010 health care law, according to a new poll conducted by The New York Times and CBS News. Just 24 percent said they hoped the court “would keep the entire health care law in place.”

The Supreme Court is expected to decide a challenge to the law by the end of this month.

Forty-one percent of those surveyed said the court should strike down the entire law, and another 27 percent said the justices should overturn only the individual mandate, which requires most Americans to obtain health insurance or pay a penalty.

24% like it? What's our USMB population?

• Banned
Since only 24% want to keep it intact please explain to me how this helps Obama or hurts the GOP. I have seen many on here explain that if overturned it would seriously hurt the GOP. Thing is I bet its only the far left in that 24% and we weren't gonna get their votes anyhow. The only winner in this is Liberty. The only loser in this is Obama and the disgusting congress that voted for it.

I know, I know....my 24 year old daughter wont get a free ride anymore. Oh wait, she already has her own plan.

• Banned
Since only 24% want to keep it intact please explain to me how this helps Obama or hurts the GOP. I have seen many on here explain that if overturned it would seriously hurt the GOP. Thing is I bet its only the far left in that 24% and we weren't gonna get their votes anyhow. The only winner in this is Liberty. The only loser in this is Obama and the disgusting congress that voted for it.

I know, I know....my 24 year old daughter wont get a free ride anymore. Oh wait, she already has her own plan.

Hopefully SCOTUS doesn't overturn it, it needs to be law so we know what's in it.

Oh and Gramps I can't believe you want your 24 year old daughter to be shoved out of the emergency room to bleed out in the street, you monster!

If the individual mandate is found to be unconstitutional by the Court and overturned, the poll strongly indicates that 68 percent of Americans will say, "Good!"

This can't possibly cause harm to the GOP, but it can certainly put a dent in Obama.

As I have been saying for some time now, this election is going to be determined not by the number of votes a candidate gets. It will be determined by the number of voters the other guy causes to stay home.

If Obama looks like a loser because of a Supreme Court decision that goes against the only thing that is his signature accomplishment, many of his supporters will stay home, which is a boon to Romney.

On the flip side, it must be noted that one cannot assume that all of the 41 percent who want the entire ACA legislation thrown out are Republicans or conservatives. There are many liberals who want the public option or even universal healthcare who hate the ACA as much as any Rushie dittohead or Hannazi armband wearer.

Something else to think about:

If the individual mandate is thrown out, that effectively breaks the back of the entire ACA.

And that means health care reform will have to be started from scratch.

And that means the next Congress will be the one starting it from scratch.

And that means whoever controls the next Congress will control the outcome of the next healthcare reform.

So you better have a healthcare plan and start talking about it. Now. And it better be a hell of a lot more than what fits on a bumper sticker.

Last edited:
obama-fail.jpg

Romney said he'd make sure it was GONE. But it may be gone or damaged by the SCOTUS before he gets there.

Why would Romney be opposed to RomneyCare?

Is he a flip flopper?

A douchebag?

A waffler?

Is 3 years too long at Harvard? What about 4?

RomneyCare was in the Commonwealth NOT imposed Federally.

Big Difference. Pay attention.

So 24% know what it is and aren't bought off by the health industry or frightened by the PPM? Sounds about right.

Well, Obama didn't think the mandate was necessary- people would just want the guaranteed care with cost controls...we can do that...lol

Wouldn't want the American people to be forced to have better, cheaper health care...

Last edited:
So 24% know what it is and aren't bought off by the health industry or frightened by the PPM? Sounds about right.

Well, Obama didn't think the mandate was necessary- people would just want the guaranteed care with cost controls...we can do that...lol

Wouldn't want the American people to be foced to have better, cheaper health care...

No they're just bought off because they fail to control thier own lives/liberty and demand Government take over.

YOU are a dunce Franco.

A lot of people disagreed with the healthcare bill because it didnt go far enough after he compromised with Repubs. But hey, dont let that stop a good story

Wouldn't want the American people to be foced to have better, cheaper health care...

Good post, only reason I'm against Obamacare is because the industry is lining my pockets and thug doctors have been sending me threatening letters.

Now I know you're basically braindead, but that was a historically stupid post.

No they're just bought off because they fail to control thier own lives/liberty and demand Government take over.

YOU are a dunce Franco.

TY for that tribute, champ Pubtroll (the only kind- brainwashed angry idiots LOL), and the one size fits all BS talking point LOL

But health costs doubled just under Boooosh, and it costs twice as much as other modern countries, with worse results. Now people have $5k deductibles LOL. Change the channel, dumbazz...

Romney- cut taxes on the rich and destroy Medicare!

Obamacare will save immediately AND MORE as time roes by- every expert not bought off.

Pub dupes- a disgrace and a scandal...

Romney said he'd make sure it was GONE. But it may be gone or damaged by the SCOTUS before he gets there.

Why would Romney be opposed to RomneyCare?

Is he a flip flopper?

A douchebag?

A waffler?

Is 3 years too long at Harvard? What about 4?

RomneyCare was in the Commonwealth NOT imposed Federally.

Big Difference. Pay attention.

Yep. I don't know why we keep having to repeat the simple, yet obvious fact.... what a state can do and what the federal government can do are two completely different things.

Good post, only reason I'm against Obamacare is because the industry is lining my pockets and thug doctors have been sending me threatening letters.

Now I know you're basically braindead, but that was a historically stupid post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV5SJgWoDOs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Forum List

Back