2/3 of scientists believe in God

FAITH and science are in no way in conflict with each other unless your faith is based on fairy tales.

I know many militent atheists believe differently, of course, but that's because they don't understand the concept of faith.

And FWIW, I suspect most of them don't really understand science all that well, either.

no, z'atheist get their own faith which is "non-existence of supreme force ", but they can't prove it.
they militate for their faith.

FAITH and science are in no way in conflict with each other unless your faith is based on fairy tales.

I know many militent atheists believe differently, of course, but that's because they don't understand the concept of faith.

And FWIW, I suspect most of them don't really understand science all that well, either.

no, z'atheist get their own faith which is "non-existence of supreme force ", but they can't prove it.

Some atheists are militant asshats, of course,

Most of them (unlike far too many of my fellow believers, I note) are mostly harmless

95% of scientists that belive in God believe in evolution.

so the majority DO believe in God, and in their field of science....?

i thought so...

there was some chart floating last week saying just the opposte from another poster.
From your link:
Those in the social sciences are more likely to believe in God and attend religious services than researchers in the natural sciences, the study found.

Translation those whose fields aren't really 'science' in the sense of the physical sciences might still be religious, but those who actually study how the universe works quickly realize that religion is bunk.

In other words: ignorance of how the world woks breeds religion.

We already knew that. This study = a waste of time and money

If they don't have the backbone to stand up for their own principles how are we supposed to have any confidence in their theories?
Ask any German in 1941 who believed the Jews were equal to the German people..

50 Nobel Laureates and scientists who believe in God | PALLAYI
One of My favorite scientists is Newton (from the West) - RIP
8897600d344dd1febe525fd4f7a4e0c3.jpg

" The Supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect; but a being, however perfect, without dominion, cannot be said to be Lord God... And from his true dominion it follows that the true God is a living, intelligent, and powerful Being; and, from his other perfections, that he is supreme, or most perfect. He is eternal and infinite, omnipotent and omniscient; that is, his duration reaches from eternity to eternity; his presence from infinity to infinity; he governs all things, and knows all things that are or can be doe.... We know him only by his most wise and excellent contrivances of things, and final causes; we admire him for his perfections; but we reverence and adore him on account of his dominion: for we adore him as his servants; and a god without dominion, providence, and final causes, is nothing else but Fate and Nature.... And thus much concerning God; to discourse of whom from the appearances of things does certainly belong to Natural Philosophy."

and Ibn Alhaytham from the East
Ibn+al-Haytham--The+First+Scientist.jpg

"We start by observing reality … we try to select solid (unchanging) observations that are not
affected by how we perceive (measure) them. We then proceed by increasing our research and
measurement, subjecting premises to criticism, and being cautious in drawing conclusions… In
all we do, our purpose should be balanced not arbitrary, the search for truth, not support of
opinions.
Hopefully, by following this method, this road to the truth that we can be confident in, we shall
arrive to our objective, where we feel certain that we have, by criticism and caution, removed
discord and suspicion.
Yet we are but human, subject to human frailties, against which we must fight with all our human might. God help us in all our endeavors”
False Authority

What is strange, some religions believe in evolution. Catholics, Mormons, they believe in evolution.

What is strange, some religions believe in evolution. Catholics, Mormons, they believe in evolution.

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity. There are differences between CAtholics and other Christians just like there are differences in Baptists and Lutherans.
Please back up your absurd claim that Catholics and Mormons believe in evolution more than Methodists or Presbyterians.

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity. There are differences between CAtholics and other Christians just like there are differences in Baptists and Lutherans.
Please back up your absurd claim that Catholics and Mormons believe in evolution more than Methodists or Presbyterians.

He didn't make that claim you are demanding he defend.

You did.

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity.

No, it's not. From a biblical perspective, Catholocism is effectively satanism, a false doctrine spread by the god of this world to deceive Mankind and lead them to damnation.

Believing in a higher power (aka god) is a lot different in believing in religion, which makes up what god is about and what god is. Most scientists

and biologists tend not to be religious because they study life down to the molecular level and no sign of any god present. Evidence fully supports evolution.

One thing that makes humans deplorable as a species as a whole is them thinking they can b believe whatever they want and the ability to trick their brains into thinking that's a valid view of life

He didn't make that claim you are demanding he defend.

You did.

OK, since you know so much, what is his point with "Catholics, Mormons, they believe in evolution"?
You will find the same anti evolution editorials and articles amongst Catholics and Mormons as any Christian denomination.
The only claims I make are that his post is absurd and anyone that agrees with it is misinformed.

One thing that makes humans deplorable as a species as a whole is them thinking they can b believe whatever they want and the ability to trick their brains into thinking that's a valid view of life
The fact that we can consider a view of life at all makes us remarkable. Unless we find aliens that far surpass our own abilities, we are, to our knowledge, the most intellectually advanced lifeforms in the universe at this point in time.

it's variableaccording to discipline, of course biologists are less believers than other scientists because of the impact of darwinism religion! :doubt:

Scientists' Belief in God Varies Starkly by Discipline | LiveScience

addis-darwin-bday-cartoon.jpg

And, perhaps peripherally related, today is the anniversary of this quote:

March 30, 1863 Abraham Lincoln proclaimed this a day of prayer and fasting: “It is the duty of nations as well as men to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God…”

Source? Although it's still really bad advice IMO to shift your responsibility or your dependence onto any supernatural being no one can prove exists.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back