Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Replacement level. Some time ago, the fertility rate in the US fell below this mark. Just a generation ago, 3, 4, 5 or even more children in a family was unremarkable. Today, the situation is quite different. Without immigration, our population would be in decline (with consequences many have not considered). There is, of course, no "overpopulation" as the old myth would have the gullible believe. Modern industrial nations are facing just the opposite change of circumstances.

As an informal check, how many regulars here have added 2.1 or more to our population? Just curious.

Replacement level. Some time ago, the fertility rate in the US fell below this mark. Just a generation ago, 3, 4, 5 or even more children in a family was unremarkable. Today, the situation is quite different. Without immigration, our population would be in decline (with consequences many have not considered). There is, of course, no "overpopulation" as the old myth would have the gullible believe. Modern industrial nations are facing just the opposite change of circumstances.

As an informal check, how many regulars here have added 2.1 or more to our population? Just curious.

I'll play...I'm pretty sure I know where you intend to steer this. The numbers don't really matter to most...however, the lack of quality has most shitting bricks.

Replacement level. Some time ago, the fertility rate in the US fell below this mark. Just a generation ago, 3, 4, 5 or even more children in a family was unremarkable. Today, the situation is quite different.

Then you know what we all need to be doing more of..... just sayin..

Oh I "practice" like nobody's business...but it ends right there....at "practice". I gave life to three...I'm good.

Forum List

Back