2,080 lashes for Saudi man who raped daughter

R

rdean

By The Associated Press
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- An official Saudi newspaper says a man convicted of raping his daughter has been sentenced to receive 2,080 lashes over the course of a 13-year prison term.

2,080 lashes for Saudi man who raped daughter

I think the punishment fits the crime.

I wish we had similar laws and punishments for child molesters here in the U.S. :evil:

If there is no doubt, NONE, then I agree with you. Just like I believe in capital punishment. (BUT THERE HAS TO BE NO DOUBT. NONE.)
Oh, the playground punishment they end up getting in prison is no picnic. Ask anyone who works in or has been incarcerated in a prison. It's so much worse than you can possibly imagine.

I wish we had similar laws and punishments for child molesters here in the U.S. :evil:

If there is no doubt, NONE, then I agree with you. Just like I believe in capital punishment. (BUT THERE HAS TO BE NO DOUBT. NONE.)
Oh, the playground punishment they end up getting in prison is no picnic. Ask anyone who works in or has been incarcerated in a prison. It's so much worse than you can possibly imagine.

I dont want to imagine it to tell you the truth. To me, a murderer should (and does I believe) spend ten years in, then be killed. If that was a definite end to that crime, maybe it would deter it a bit? I dont really know, but I do know its very hard to actually execute someone now. (Oh and I am a gun loving Dem.)

Again, I believe in this if there is ZERO doubt he did it. None. No doubt.

I dont want to imagine it to tell you the truth. To me, a murderer should (and does I believe) spend ten years in, then be killed. If that was a definite end to that crime, maybe it would deter it a bit? I dont really know, but I do know its very hard to actually execute someone now. (Oh and I am a gun loving Dem.)

Again, I believe in this if there is ZERO doubt he did it. None. No doubt.
Not to derail the thread, but I agree. Unfortunately, the system is so damn broken that I'm against the death penalty as applied. The progress science has made with DNA has shown us just how screwed up the system is right now. But I digress.

How many did they give the daughter?

I hate that I thought that too, or at the least that she'd be ostracized for this. I hope it's not so.

In Saudi, there are no victims in rape

She is marked for life and no respectable man would take her. I still think they would whip her if they could get away with it

How many did they give the daughter?

I hate that I thought that too, or at the least that she'd be ostracized for this. I hope it's not so.

She is marked for life and no respectable man would take her. I still think they would whip her if they could get away with it

The Saudis..hmm..

Are those the same folks that brought New Yorkers, 9/11, were protected by the Bush administration and partially own FOX propaganda?

That is some really stupid nonsense you posted. :evil:

What part is stupid nonsense? That rape victims HAVE been whipped? Or that they still could be? Or that it could affect her marriage prospects? Or what?

Bangladeshi Girl Lashed To Death After Being Raped By Cousin

What part is stupid nonsense? That rape victims HAVE been whipped? Or that they still could be? Or that it could affect her marriage prospects? Or what?

Bangladesh is not in or even close to Saudi Arabia. :cuckoo:

Oh, so that's nonsense part? - that atrocities such as punishing the victim would happen in Saudi Arabia?

Oh, so that's nonsense part? - that atrocities such as punishing the victim would happen in Saudi Arabia?

Qatif rape case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back