1st time trying online dating- Ladies: "Curvy" does not = FAT

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Ok, I'm not really shy, so I'll say it, I tried an online dating site. It's one of the 2 major ones that advertises on network TV, dont know if mentioning name is somehow civily wrong, but whatever.

Anyhow, suprisingly, lots of attractive, normal women on there. Mostly they are new to town, tired of the bar scene, or just wanna know someone before they actually go on a date. I gotta say, despite my preconceptions, it's not a bad way to go at all.

BUT I gotta rant on something. I've met up on a few meet & greet dates at a coffee shop. Nice way to meet someone new, just over coffee. And I'm gonna let you guys in on some secrets I've learned........

1. Under "body type" if the girl lists "curvy" and doesn't post a full body photo, she is FAT. 100% chance. They do have "a few extra pounds" and "full figured" as options, but the fatties ALWAYS pick "curvy". Like calling Mt. Everestt "tall".

2. Under the part where it tells if a person has kids, if they list "tell you later", then yeah, they got at least 3.

3. Their pictures are probably from their college days. Even if they are 30 years old. And "curvy".

So there you have it. Just needed to rant. It sparked when I met a chick at a coffee shop from the site. Her pics were pretty. She's 29. Listed "curvy", and in her pics, she did indeed look truly 36-24-26 type curvy. Under "kids" she listed "no answer". So, I went. She's about 240 pounds. And brought her 3 kids with her. I had no idea who she was and she just sat down and said hi. At first I actually said "Hi, I"m saving that seat, I'm meeting someone here" and she said "Yeah, silly, it's me ________, how are you?" WTF.:eek:

No wonder you have to use the site.

Hey, it's a gold mine!!!! One wouldn't believe how many "new to town" girls on there! They just moved here, dont know anyone, dont have any exes that live here, it's like shooting fish in a barrel!!!!

I strongly recommend it to any guys out there who are tired of the same ole local skeez in your town. I for one have no problem showing the new girl to town around the nice tourist spots and of course, being the only friend she has in town:lol::lol::lol:

Best damn $39.99 I've ever spent.

Dating off a dating site is still dating, bucs. That's a real, live humanoid you have there, and both of you should treat each other as such. If she lied to you -- even if it is by using an old photo -- then I'd say it's over before it has begun, unless you feel that your life lacks drama.

Course, you must be honest as well.

Dating off a dating site is still dating, bucs. That's a real, live humanoid you have there, and both of you should treat each other as such. If she lied to you -- even if it is by using an old photo -- then I'd say it's over before it has begun, unless you feel that your life lacks drama.

Hey now..........I was polite. I had the cup of coffee, was civil. She just ain't getting another call back.

I just dont want fat chicks saying they are "curvy" and posting fraudulent pics. I dont list "athletic and toned" on mine, I list "about average". I am in great shape, but no model, so I aint gonna lie.

But all that aside......meeting the new girls in town through that is truly the best kept secret in the social world!!!!:razz:

I asked someone once.

Does this dress make me look bumpy? :eusa_shhh:

I know this has nothing to do with fat, but hey, I think bumpy means fat. Maybe the woman does not see herself as fat

I asked someone once.

I know this has nothing to do with fat, but hey, I think bumpy means fat. Maybe the woman does not see herself as fat

I see your point. But god dang, at some point, a person knows "I'm a fat ass". I mean when a guy starts getting a bit of a beer belly, starts getting up to 18-20% body fat, he knows he isn't in the best shape, but maybe in a bit of denial.

But dam, when a girl gets over 240, or a guy gets up near 300, they know good and dad gum well that they are fat!!

I asked someone once.

I see your point. But god dang, at some point, a person knows "I'm a fat ass". I mean when a guy starts getting a bit of a beer belly, starts getting up to 18-20% body fat, he knows he isn't in the best shape, but maybe in a bit of denial.

But dam, when a girl gets over 240, or a guy gets up near 300, they know good and dad gum well that they are fat!!

Maybe they do.... but in my experience.... they still think they're quite a catch. Try turning down a fat guy and see how many seconds tick past before they call you a 'lesbian'.... My usual response is 'If the choice is you or being gay... hell, yea, bring on the girls!'

You'll see a LOT more skinny gals with fat guys then the other way around, because a lot of times those gals also like their fat wallets!

I asked someone once.

Maybe they do.... but in my experience.... they still think they're quite a catch. Try turning down a fat guy and see how many seconds tick past before they call you a 'lesbian'.... My usual response is 'If the choice is you or being gay... hell, yea, bring on the girls!'

Well, that brings me to one reason I tried the site. I'll admit, many of my fellow men are d-bags. I worked in a bar for a while, and from that experience, I hate approaching women that I dont know. Not b/c I'm shy, but I learned from working at bars that 99% of women dont wanna be approached usually. Most of the time the guy is annoying them. So, I hate feeling like "that guy".

And yes, men are probably worse about not knowing they are disgusting and fat and balding.

But I can't help but rant when I think I'm about to meet a girl who in her pic is 5'7, about 125 lbs, very shapely, etc, and turns out that she's put on over 100 lbs and had 3 kids (by 3 different men, 2 of which apparantly were 1 night stands) and at the end of the conversation asks me if it's a problem if she "does a little meth once in a while to stay awake". No more "curvy" new to town chicks for me.

So you've done a few girls in your time:eusa_pray:

Hey now..........I was polite. I had the cup of coffee, was civil. She just ain't getting another call back.

I just dont want fat chicks saying they are "curvy" and posting fraudulent pics. I dont list "athletic and toned" on mine, I list "about average". I am in great shape, but no model, so I aint gonna lie.

But all that aside......meeting the new girls in town through that is truly the best kept secret in the social world!!!!:razz:

IME, men are honest about their looks but lie about their employment, health, marital status and legal problems. (Amazes me how many men my age are still fighting back child support issues, etc.)

It is fun and this is exactly the right 'tude to take. Every outting is a success, if only for the great stories...and each person you meet might could become a friend, if not a lover. BTW, about 50% of all marriages now start on the 'net. It is a sensible and safe way to meet people, if you use your head.

My biggest complaint is that men my age seem intoxicated by the 'net. Because they did not meet you in church, they just cannot wrap their brains around such things as courtesy and boundaries, and when they decide they are done, they simply disappear. I dun do this -- if I have been seeing someone exclusively and no longer feel he fits in my life, I do at least say good bye.

Well, that brings me to one reason I tried the site. I'll admit, many of my fellow men are d-bags. I worked in a bar for a while, and from that experience, I hate approaching women that I dont know. Not b/c I'm shy, but I learned from working at bars that 99% of women dont wanna be approached usually. Most of the time the guy is annoying them. So, I hate feeling like "that guy".

And yes, men are probably worse about not knowing they are disgusting and fat and balding.

But I can't help but rant when I think I'm about to meet a girl who in her pic is 5'7, about 125 lbs, very shapely, etc, and turns out that she's put on over 100 lbs and had 3 kids (by 3 different men, 2 of which apparantly were 1 night stands) and at the end of the conversation asks me if it's a problem if she "does a little meth once in a while to stay awake". No more "curvy" new to town chicks for me.

So you've done a few girls in your time:eusa_pray:

No, I don't do girls.... but there are some guys that would be enough to make me gay. I have remarkably high standards.... very few men achieve that honored status.

this shit is funny.

i've not gone to any dating site, but back when i used to bother with myspace i dated a host of chics off there. i'd steer clear of the curvy thing for the curvy=fat reason. most chics seem to steer clear of calling themselves curvy if they're not at least a bit on the chubby side, too. i think athletic has taken on a new and paradoxical meaning, too.

No way, I dont' want you USMB chicks stalking me.:tongue:

Take our word for it, we have very high standards. You wouldn't make my 'to do' list if you paid me the $39.99.

HA!! Well played.

I figured you for the $100+ type anyway:eusa_dance:

God forbid CG would allow some opportunity to pass to claim her faux superiority. Christ onna cracker, bitch, are you ever not a complete asswipe? Not every single bit of news any of us has is an invitation for you to post that whatever the thingie is, yours is better. T'aint like we believe you anymore, anyway.

My guess is, the last man who touched you was your MD, and he dun like you either.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back