$1B aircraft contract goes to Brazil

You know who got the contract for the new Marine 1 choppers?
Hint - it wasn't the U.S.

Was watching that on the news last night.

Kinda think Barrys hands out to Brazil earlier in 2011 is paying off big time for Brazil. We loan them money so they can drill for oil and now the Pentagon awards them a big contract for planes.

Fishy anyone??

Not Lockheed?

It's being built over in Spain and England - could be Lockheed, but it's certainly out of the country.

got any links? All I could find was that Lockheed and Boeing were going at it for the contract, but this is from March.
EADS Won’t Bid on ‘Marine One’ Presidential Helicopter Fleet

Not Lockheed?

It's being built over in Spain and England - could be Lockheed, but it's certainly out of the country.

I think (ie I am not certain) that that contract went to Agusta Westland (partnership between the UK's Westland and Italy's Agusta) to build Marine One.

This is something I do have a serious issue with. US taxpayers money should be spent in the US when the US are equally as capable as a foreign firm.

I agree. All of this smacks of the US being second tier citizens in the eyes of this government. We need jobs now!

It's funny how the same people that are complaining that the military is contracting with foreign manufacturing facilities to build equipment are the same people who would complain if the government did not accept the lowest bid...and they are the same people who don't have a problem with US based company sending jobs overseas in the name of capitalism.

Not Lockheed?

got any links? All I could find was that Lockheed and Boeing were going at it for the contract, but this is from March.
EADS Won’t Bid on ‘Marine One’ Presidential Helicopter Fleet

See CGs post. I don't have a link. It's what I have heard through acquaintances

It's funny how the same people that are complaining that the military is contracting with foreign manufacturing facilities to build equipment are the same people who would complain if the government did not accept the lowest bid...and they are the same people who don't have a problem with US based company sending jobs overseas in the name of capitalism.

links?

It's also funny how the same people who think this is OK would be jumping off a fucking building in rage if GW Bush was President and this was happening.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Not Lockheed?

I think (ie I am not certain) that that contract went to Agusta Westland (partnership between the UK's Westland and Italy's Agusta) to build Marine One.

This is something I do have a serious issue with. US taxpayers money should be spent in the US when the US are equally as capable as a foreign firm.

I can see in some cases uses contractors in foreign countries, assuming the bidding was legit and the security issues are covered. But a foreign company building the Presidents ride? Not sure I'm down with that.

Then he needs to stfu up about American jobs. Nixed the pipeline. had his special deluxe bus es built in canada. gave brazil 20 billlion taxpayer dollars to drill for oil and promises we'll buy all they find at the same time cutting down the oil fields in the gulf coast. don't try to scam up anymore that this guy is pro American. it simply won't wash.

Then he needs to stfu up about American jobs. Nixed the pipeline. had his special deluxe bus es built in canada. gave brazil 20 billlion taxpayer dollars to drill for oil and promises we'll buy all they find at the same time cutting down the oil fields in the gulf coast. don't try to scam up anymore that this guy is pro American. it simply won't wash.

Stuff the Republican ads will be made of....:eusa_drool:

Obama did the right thing for the people of Brazil.

That country has high unemployment and millions of people don't have jobs and are looking for work.

We on the other hand, have plenty of jobs and a low unemployment rate.

So it's only common sense to export those jobs to Brazil.

Obama did the right thing for the people of Brazil.

That country has high unemployment and millions of people don't have jobs and are looking for work.

We on the other hand, have plenty of jobs and a low unemployment rate.

So it's only common sense to export those jobs to Brazil.

my sarcasm meter just broke.

Forum List

Back