not a word from RW's ...

Sign InSubscribe

PERSONAL FINANCE
Health Insurance Premiums Up 131% in Last Ten Years
By Brad Tuttle @bradrtuttleSept. 16, 2009

• Read Later
Email

Follow @TIMEBusiness

Today, the average cost of a family health insurance offered by an employer is $13,375. That’s up 131% over the last decade—a period in which inflation rose only 28%. And one estimate says that if costs continue on their current trajectory, premiums will go up another 166% in the decade ahead.

The data was collected by the Kaiser Family Foundation and comes via USA Today:

Since 1999, health insurance premiums for families rose 131%, the report found, far more than the general rate of inflation, which increased 28% over the same period. Overall, health care in the United States is expected to cost $2.6 trillion this year, or 17% of the nation’s economy, according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.

131% increase in a free market ... enter Obamacare and insurance IS TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE !!!

pardon me RW's , :321:

As opposed to over 100% in Arizona in just 1 year don 2016 to 2017

With a national average up well over 29% in the same time

Plus a LAW with a financial penalty attached if I don't comply

So, there's that

One of the Senators just stated that some friends' healthcare premium, age 60 & 61, are now being hit with a $39,000 a year in premiums, along with a $6000 deductible. He said they can't afford it.

kff-chart.png

business dumbasses 101 ..

if its cheaper to pay the penalty than iT is the premium, and you want nothing to do with Obamacare

(drumroll)

PAY THE FUCKING PENALTY AND SHUT THE FUCK UP !

The "poor" went on free Medicaid. 65 and older on Medicare, now more out-of-pocket? Those working with health-care (big companies) kept "it" with some increases?Those in-between (small companies) or un-employed (living on savings/IRA) are hammered at $600K/mo to buy it or 2.5%*AGI fine.

Craziest thing I ever seen.

Forum List

Back