Votes: 1 33.3%
  • For the dems' plan to cut $3 in spending for every $1 in tax increases

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I remember the 1993 debate about tax hikes and all the scare tactics used by the GOP. IMHO it turned out to be total bullshit, thanks in part to Newt's spending cuts as well as the tax hikes.
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here we are again, in 2011 and we're hearing the same tax hike hype by the GOP.

This is a very simple poll. If the vote was put to a referendum, whose plan would you vote for, the GOP plan to cut taxes for those making over $250k and cut entitlements, or the dems plan to get $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases?

Last edited:
This is a very simple poll. If the vote was put to a referendum, whose plan would you vote for, the GOP plan to cut taxes for the rich and cut entitlements for the rest of us, or the dems plan to get $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases?

first rule of opinion/market research is not to bias the question, which you've already done

This is a very simple poll. If the vote was put to a referendum, whose plan would you vote for, the GOP plan to cut taxes for the rich and cut entitlements for the rest of us, or the dems plan to get $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases?

first rule of opinion/market research is not to bias the question, which you've already done

Please back-up your statement. It looks fair & accurate to me. Convince me and I'll edit it...

Please back-up your statement. It looks fair & accurate to me. Convince me and I'll edit it...

take out "for the rest of us", you can't write a political poll that refers to yourself or a group you belong to, also replace "the rich" with "those making over $250,000" - you need to eliminate any possible misinterpretation and replace it with a hard fact

Why not decrease the expenditures of the federal government? We all know that after they're given more money that they'll just grow more. It's time that our federal government realize the hard times and do without all the goodies....just like all of us have been doing the last four years now.

Cut spending, cut more spending, then go back and cut some more...

...then, once we've cut all we can, we'll start talking about raising taxes.

If we don't cut spending first, the cutting never happens...they just kick the can down the road.

Ignorant lefties are all over the map with their propaganda about taxes. Maybe if they learned something instead of posting Soros and Huffington posts they would be better off. Were you radical lefties in a coma when Obama signed a two year extention on the Bush tax cuts? Why would he do that? They work?

Cut spending, cut more spending, then go back and cut some more...

...then, once we've cut all we can, we'll start talking about raising taxes.

If we don't cut spending first, the cutting never happens...they just kick the can down the road.

This exactly.

There is no reason to believe that any amount of tax hikes will solve our problem. Because I could almost guarantee that for every extra $1 they get in taxes, they'll spend an extra $1.10 on some new bullshit. We must cut spending first. It's just like the immigration debate. If you don't secure the border first then no amount of comprehensive immigration reform will solve our problem.

"It’s about time the Democrats started saying openly what has been clear for months or even years now—that as long as economic recovery would work to the political benefit of Barack Obama, the Republicans have been, are, and will be in favor of sabotaging the economy."

:eusa_whistle:

Ignorant lefties are all over the map with their propaganda about taxes. Maybe if they learned something instead of posting Soros and Huffington posts they would be better off. Were you radical lefties in a coma when Obama signed a two year extention on the Bush tax cuts? Why would he do that? They work?

Learn something like what? Wasn't it you "conservatives" who said we HAD to extend the Bush tax cuts on the rich in order to create private sector jobs? Where the hell is the influx of private sector jobs, already???

Learn something like what? Wasn't it you "conservatives" who said we HAD to extend the Bush tax cuts on the rich in order to create private sector jobs? Where the hell is the influx of private sector jobs, already???

Exactly. Remember all those dire GOP predictions from 1993? What happened when taxes were raised was a surplus, and prosperity. Newt and the GOP cut spending too. IMHO the $3/$1 ratio is similar to the 1993 mix that worked. Cutting taxes during two wars is stupidity.

Forum List

Back