‘1984’ hits No. 1 on Amazon after Kellyanne Conway’s ‘alternative facts’ quote

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
This is hilarious and sad.
======================================================================
"
George Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984 has topped Amazon’s best seller list just three days after Kellyanne Conway used the phrase “alternative facts” in an interview on Sunday’s Meet the Press.
“You’re saying it’s falsehoods,” she said to host Chuck Todd, who asked her why White House Press Secretary was lying about the crowd size at Donald Trump’s inauguration. “And they’re giving -—Sean Spicer, our press secretary — gave alternative facts.”
The connection between “alternative facts” and Orwell’s 1949 classic was made on CNN’s Reliable Sources, where Washington Post reporter Karen Tumulty said, “Alternative facts is a George Orwell phrase.”
Readers began comparing “alternative facts” to Orwell’s concept of “Newspeak,” the language of Oceania designed to limit the freedom of thought. Orwell’s “Principles of Newspeak” further explain that the language “was designed not to extend but to diminish the range of thought, and this purpose was indirectly assisted by cutting the choice of words down to a minimum.”
Trumpsters are on board with "Alternative Facts." As matter of fact, they remind me of the masses in 1984, who were nothing more working drones who had been overcome by the governments propaganda. And lived their lives in a daze of the falsehoods the government fed them to keep them in control.
Look, they all think alike and post alike. Is there a thing called "original thought"?

"
George Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984 has topped Amazon’s best seller list just three days after Kellyanne Conway used the phrase “alternative facts” in an interview on Sunday’s Meet the Press.
“You’re saying it’s falsehoods,” she said to host Chuck Todd, who asked her why White House Press Secretary was lying about the crowd size at Donald Trump’s inauguration. “And they’re giving -—Sean Spicer, our press secretary — gave alternative facts.”
The connection between “alternative facts” and Orwell’s 1949 classic was made on CNN’s Reliable Sources, where Washington Post reporter Karen Tumulty said, “Alternative facts is a George Orwell phrase.”
Readers began comparing “alternative facts” to Orwell’s concept of “Newspeak,” the language of Oceania designed to limit the freedom of thought. Orwell’s “Principles of Newspeak” further explain that the language “was designed not to extend but to diminish the range of thought, and this purpose was indirectly assisted by cutting the choice of words down to a minimum.”
Trumpsters are on board with "Alternative Facts." As matter of fact, they remind me of the masses in 1984, who were nothing more working drones who had been overcome by the governments propaganda. And lived their lives in a daze of the falsehoods the government fed them to keep them in control.
Look, they all think alike and post alike. Is there a thing called "original thought"?
Too bad it's all over your head.

dimocrap scum haven't figured out yet that 1984 was a cautionary tale, not a 'How To' manual

"

Love the way you leftists talk about abstract things that you can manipulate, instead of what is actually going on!

Why would they do that?

Because they can't control the NARRATIVE on things actually going on. They would rather create controversy, create a narrative, then roll, lol.

Know what they call that in real life? GASLIGHTING!

The left is in deep trouble, and the astro turfers are calling out their less used accounts to try and keep everyone from laughing their narrative off the board.

LEFTISTS-------> not working, lolololol!

I've made comparisons between Trump's Chumps and 1984 many, many times on this forum.

"We've always been at war with Eastasia."

I do not recall that phrase being used in 1984. Or Animal Farm.

It is an Orwellian phrase, to be sure.

I've made comparisons between Trump's Chumps and 1984 many, many times on this forum.

I've always tied you in to the "four legs good two legs bad" bleating of the sheep in another Orwell book.
Hahaha... yes, "Animal Farm"
I strongly suggest both of you actually read Animal Farm and 1984. Because Trump and his Chumps are the living embodiment of those books.

Start with Animal Farm. It's above your level, but much easier to grasp than 1984.

I've quoted the last page several times on this forum.

I've always tied you in to the "four legs good two legs bad" bleating of the sheep in another Orwell book.
Hahaha... yes, "Animal Farm"
I strongly suggest both of you actually read Animal Farm and 1984. Because Trump and his Chumps are the living embodiment of those books.

Start with Animal Farm. It's above your level, but much easier to grasp than 1984.

I've quoted the last page several times on this forum.
Don't be an idiot, why do you think I have a quote from Animal Farm? Of course, you have no idea what that quote means, imbecile.

Forum List

Back