1911 guys listen up!

You know, there's a reason why the Army stopped using those.

Yep. Because we are far too interested in sharing ammunition diet foreign "allies" we shouldn't even be aligned with (NATO) rather than the effectiveness of a weapon system.

The 1911 uses a .45 ACP cartridge. The rest of NATO used 9mm. Thsts why we converted to the Berretta M9 (foreign made 9mm) pistol about 25 years ago. It sucks.

Berettas are made in the USA.

Beretta USA

Because they are too effective???

Um. NO.

They were really way too heavy for a sidearm (The MP's had to go to .38 back in the 1980's) and really, Officers only wore them for show.

My God you're stupid.

For bed wetters like you, they make NERF guns because even airsoft stings too much.

The 1911 was only replaced because of regressive globalist pukes who wanted the US to adopt a training round the euroweenies could shoot.

Still a nice handgun though.

It was a pain in the ass to do maintenance on, particularly getting the leaf spring back in. Also way too many small parts they managed to lose while cleaning them. (I always kept an ample supply of replacements.

Once again you demonstrate what a complete liar you are. The leaf spring is ONLY to be taken out by a qualified armorer. Standard fieldstrip on a 1911A1 takes less than 10 seconds and there are NO "small" parts to be lost. I own seven of them from WWI variants all the way to a modern Combat Commander and you are clueless.

Hey, I’ll still take the 9mm and feel okay with it. I prefer the Glock delivery method. It used to be I figured the 1911 would always beat a Glock in accuracy. Not anymore. Throw in the fact that a well loved Glock can be had for about $375 bucks in about all the popular calibers kind of sealed it for me. Don’t know what a CMP .45 would cost, but I bet the Glock is cheaper. Still, in reading the article the guns seem to be WW2 era guns.

You can get hit by several rounds from a 9mm and still function.

But just one hit from a .45 will usually put a person out of action. ..... :cool:
9x19 and .45ACP actually have comparable KE, though achieved in completely different ways. Some hotter 9mm rounds are comparable to a .357 Magnum.

Hey, I’ll still take the 9mm and feel okay with it. I prefer the Glock delivery method. It used to be I figured the 1911 would always beat a Glock in accuracy. Not anymore. Throw in the fact that a well loved Glock can be had for about $375 bucks in about all the popular calibers kind of sealed it for me. Don’t know what a CMP .45 would cost, but I bet the Glock is cheaper. Still, in reading the article the guns seem to be WW2 era guns.
That is not a bad thing. My grandfather's 1911 was made (by Colt) in the 30s, and still works perfectly.

Forum List

Back