19-Year-Old Woman Gang-Raped On Florida Beach As Hundreds Watch, Do Nothing

A rape conviction should carry a mandatory death penalty IMO.

I've seen the lifelong consequences that rape victims suffer.

Rape (and particularly rape of children) USED to be a capitol offense in many states...which meant you could get the death penalty upon conviction.

The lefties thought that was too harsh, though, for something a simple abortion could fix right up.

Rapers-Arrested-665x385.jpeg

Ryan Austin Calhoun, 23, of Mobile, Ala., and Delonte' Martistee, 22, of Bainbridge, Ga. were charged with sexual battery by multiple perpetrators

Two college students from Alabama have been arrested for a rape that occurred on Panama Beach, Florida, during Spring Break. The area is a popular spot for students on spring break, a traditional holiday for U.S. college students. The rape occurred sometime between March 10-12, and was filmed on a mobile phone, which was confiscated during an unrelated investigation regarding a shooting in Troy, Alabama. Nobody ever came forward to say a woman was raped — police just stumbled across the grotesque footage.

On the tape, a young woman, seemingly unconscious, was in a beach chair as several men surrounded her. Hundreds more were drinking beer and encircling the scene, watching in broad daylight as the men attempted to touch her genital area, and at one point she seemed to awaken a bit and tried to weakly push their hands away, but she was too incapacitated to offer any true resistance. On the tape, one of the men can be heard saying “She will never remember” and then, in the bright Florida sun surrounded by hundreds of people, the woman is raped by at least two men while people jeer, watch, and some even filmed it.

Panama City, Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen said the attack was “the most disgusting, sickening thing” he had ever seen.

“… Like wild animals preying on a carcass laying in the woods…Within 10 feet from where this is happening there are hundreds, hundreds of people standing there watching, looking, seeing, hearing what is going on, and yet our culture and our society and our young people have got to the point where obviously this is acceptable somewhere, but I will tell you it is not acceptable in Bay County.”

Authorities arrested Delonte’ Martistee, 22, and Ryan Austin Calhoun, 23, on Friday, charging both with sexual battery by multiple perpetrators after viewing the tape, and more arrests are expected this week.

When police identified and interviewed the young woman, she knew something had happened to her, but could remember no details, so she did not come forward. She thinks she may have been drugged, police say.

Well it is never mentioned that the girl was white. The black girls did not care. All of the attackers were black. I love black people but i would like to see whites riot about this. I think that would be fair.

This is like swimming in shark-infested waters with a bleeding wound then blaming the sharks for biting you.

No one should be raped, and no rape is excusable, but there's responsibility on the one raped sometimes and this is definitely one of those times.

Uhmmm yeah ok but all we have on these videos is a couple people standing around. No sexual activity at all..

A rape conviction should carry a mandatory death penalty IMO.

I've seen the lifelong consequences that rape victims suffer.

Rape (and particularly rape of children) USED to be a capitol offense in many states...which meant you could get the death penalty upon conviction.

The lefties thought that was too harsh, though, for something a simple abortion could fix right up.

Have to double check but I'm 90% certain some rapes are still death-penalty eligible here in Missouri.

Rapers-Arrested-665x385.jpeg

Ryan Austin Calhoun, 23, of Mobile, Ala., and Delonte' Martistee, 22, of Bainbridge, Ga. were charged with sexual battery by multiple perpetrators

Two college students from Alabama have been arrested for a rape that occurred on Panama Beach, Florida, during Spring Break. The area is a popular spot for students on spring break, a traditional holiday for U.S. college students. The rape occurred sometime between March 10-12, and was filmed on a mobile phone, which was confiscated during an unrelated investigation regarding a shooting in Troy, Alabama. Nobody ever came forward to say a woman was raped — police just stumbled across the grotesque footage.

On the tape, a young woman, seemingly unconscious, was in a beach chair as several men surrounded her. Hundreds more were drinking beer and encircling the scene, watching in broad daylight as the men attempted to touch her genital area, and at one point she seemed to awaken a bit and tried to weakly push their hands away, but she was too incapacitated to offer any true resistance. On the tape, one of the men can be heard saying “She will never remember” and then, in the bright Florida sun surrounded by hundreds of people, the woman is raped by at least two men while people jeer, watch, and some even filmed it.

Panama City, Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen said the attack was “the most disgusting, sickening thing” he had ever seen.

“… Like wild animals preying on a carcass laying in the woods…Within 10 feet from where this is happening there are hundreds, hundreds of people standing there watching, looking, seeing, hearing what is going on, and yet our culture and our society and our young people have got to the point where obviously this is acceptable somewhere, but I will tell you it is not acceptable in Bay County.”

Authorities arrested Delonte’ Martistee, 22, and Ryan Austin Calhoun, 23, on Friday, charging both with sexual battery by multiple perpetrators after viewing the tape, and more arrests are expected this week.

When police identified and interviewed the young woman, she knew something had happened to her, but could remember no details, so she did not come forward. She thinks she may have been drugged, police say.

Well it is never mentioned that the girl was white. The black girls did not care. All of the attackers were black. I love black people but i would like to see whites riot about this. I think that would be fair.

This is like swimming in shark-infested waters with a bleeding wound then blaming the sharks for biting you.

No one should be raped, and no rape is excusable, but there's responsibility on the one raped sometimes and this is definitely one of those times.

Really?

You know this..how?

Well, I could not make anything from the video video displayed. If fact, I could see no sexual activity at all. Could you? What expression was on the womans face? Eyes open or eyes closed? Do you really think all those women standing around would let a rape go on right in front of them? I've got my doubts.

They can't show the actual rape on tv, now can they?

The victim passed out drunk in front of large group of juvenile black people who (both male and female) stood by and watched as she was gang raped. Is there as lesson to be learned here? I would hate to blame the victim but I'm not surprised of the outcome.

The rape occurred right behind a bar. She could have gone inside for a drink and was slipped a drug.

I don't trust the media. They made out like the video shows a rape taking place... yeah well the video shows, ... nothing taking place. No one even looks drunk. Just some kids standing around.

...Guess not. Could sworn rape was death-penalty eligible here. Been here 15 years, maybe they withdrew it. Looking into it further (can't believe I was wrong heh) they have executed people for rape, but not since I've lived here. Is an aggravating factor involving "outrageously or wantonly vile, horrible or inhumane, in that it involved torture or depravity of mind" but it doesn't say that it then is death-penalty eligible. Thought it did.

Well, I could not make anything from the video video displayed. If fact, I could see no sexual activity at all. Could you? What expression was on the womans face? Eyes open or eyes closed? Do you really think all those women standing around would let a rape go on right in front of them? I've got my doubts.

The police are alleging a crime based on video. The noise they are making (nationally) pretty much guarantees the accused will not get a fair trial. The video released is worse than useless. It has no value. None.

The police should release the video with genitalia hidden to prove the case. Otherwise these gendarmes need to STFU. The documented integrity and the record of police today means I will not automatically believe anything these blue-suited gang bangers claim. The truth is for the jury to decide.

The police are alleging a crime based on video. The noise they are making (nationally) pretty much guarantees the accused will not get a fair trial. The video released is worse than useless. It has no value. None.

The police should release the video with genitalia hidden to prove the case. Otherwise these gendarmes need to STFU. The documented integrity and the record of police today means I will not automatically believe anything these blue-suited gang bangers claim. The truth is for the jury to decide.

Often the genitals are hidden during intercourse, but it is the compromising position that cannot be shown. Be serious now. All that matters is that they have the video or don't.

It will be tried in the courtroom, never fear.

The procedure undoubtedly will take place in the courtroom -- but can you really believe it will be fair with all this police chest beating and wailing on the media?

I personally witnessed exactly the same thing in Daytona Beach on Spring break.........in 1962.

These communities thrive on filling their hotels with kids, and then selling them alcohol. It is purely a financial trade off that they make.

The media story should have focussed on why these cities allow...no, encourage... this type of behavior for the financial incentive that is there. It is not about race.

You people are 90℅ retarded. You make me more embarrassed to be an American. No, the police are not going to give the press the whole unedited video. You're a fing idiot to think they would. Everyone keeps saying sht about how the victim was fcked up passed out. No, according to the police report and the victim she was unconscious. Did any of you stop to think about how THE VICTIM DID NOT EVEN PRESS GD CHARGES? THE POLICE FILED THE CHARGES WHEN THEY ARRESTED DUMB SHT ON AN UNRELATED CHARGE (SHOOTING) AND FOUND DUMBFCKS VIDEO ON HIS PHONE... WOW HOW SMART. These guys deserve every fing minute they were sentenced. They were so stupid it's ridiculous... Even to the point of taking the same phone that contains video of his recent rape on the drive by he got arrested for... The rape occurred sometime in the early afternoon.. I could see her being passed out late afternoon or night but not early afternoon, even for low self esteem funnel girl. These two dudes deserve EVERY MF BIT OF THEIR 10 YEARS... If you're gonna be a rapist be a smart one.

Forum List

Back