19 Facts On the Deindustrialization of America

Silly me. And I was thinking that it was because of American ingenuity and the fact that we have the best workforce in the world. Thanks for straightening me out.

If I disagreed I'll pay you $10,000 Bet??

Make unions illegal? The biggest reason why we have a middle class?

1) wrong wrong wrong. Business must pay the highest wage possible or lose their best workers to those who will pay the highest wage possible. Top management and entry level get highest wage possible because of competition, not unions. A wage is a price like any other and is determined by competition. Sorry!

2) unions didn't create the middle class but rather drove their jobs to foreign countrys. As we speak they are doing it with Boeing.

Keep your $10,000.00 I was just disappointed that you couldn't bring yourself to give any credit to the American worker. :(

So the union is driving Boeing to a foreign country? I've been to South Carolina and even though the people there are strange (they elected Strom Thurmond to the Senate for God's sake!!!) I have never thought of it being a foreign country. I'll bet South Carolinians would be surprised that they had, in fact, successfully secededed from the union!! :eek:

"Economic growth is not zero-sum under capitalism. The top and bottom both gain huge new wealth."
My answer?

as I said nobody had cars and air conditioning in 1916. Today both the rich and the poor have then. Capitalism is not a zero sum game. Got it now?

Keep your $10,000.00 I was just disappointed that you couldn't bring yourself to give any credit to the American worker. :(

why give them credit when they are stupidly getting killed by the competition thanks to liberalism?

So the union is driving Boeing to a foreign country? I've been to South Carolina and even though the people there are strange (they elected Strom Thurmond to the Senate for God's sake!!!) I have never thought of it being a foreign country. I'll bet South Carolinians would be surprised that they had, in fact, successfully secededed from the union!! :eek:

What??If I said SC was a foreign country I'll pay you $10,000. Bet? its called the straw man fallacy when you pretend I said something that I didn't so you have an easy strawman to defeat instead of me.

Last edited:

why give them credit when they are stupidly getting killed by the competition thanks to liberalism?

What??If I said SC was a foreign country I'll pay you $10,000. Bet? its called the straw man fallacy when you pretend I said something that I didn't so you have an easy strawman to defeat instead of me.

What's killing the American worker is foreign competition. And what conservatives REALLY want to see is our standard of living lowered to that of Mexico in order to be "competitive". Why else would they want to see high paying union jobs disappear? Or do away with minimum wage? Or do away with worker safety laws? The idea that conservatives care about the working men and women in this nation is laughable. :lol:

Hey!! YOU said the union was driving Boeing to a "foreign country". Can you link or otherwise back that up? All I ever heard was that Boeing was locating in SC.

You're sure anxious to give away $10,000 aren't you? Between that and your knowledge of labor and politics I'm guessing you're in high school?

"Economic growth is not zero-sum under capitalism. The top and bottom both gain huge new wealth."
My answer?

as I said nobody had cars and air conditioning in 1916. Today both the rich and the poor have then. Capitalism is not a zero sum game. Got it now?

"as I said nobody had cars and air conditioning in 1916. Today both the rich and the poor have then. Capitalism is not a zero sum game. Got it now?"?

And that response addressed the graph's I posted,,how?
If you're going to make brash statements, you had better be prepared to back them up. You deflected and didn't address my response even a little. Nice job! :lol:

Union membership falls below 12 percent of workforce

look what they are doing to Boeing, look how they just destroyed American Airlines, look at how they destroyed our auto industry. They hover like a cancer over Americas entire economy, always threatening to metastasize and so always driving jobs overseas.

:lol: yeah, right. Boeing blamed the debacle of the 787 on the unions when it was the CEO outsourcing the jobs that was the cause of all the parts coming back and not fitting together.

Goose you are such a partisan hack and fool! Taxes alone won't defeat China, since they do a lot of other illegal trade activities. But lowering taxes will help us win against the rest of the 3rd world!

Compared to that, taxes are a pittance and the difference between union and non-union labor is irrelevant.

Wrong wrong wrong. There are obviously advantages to keeping jobs here. Thats why there are 100 million of them and why we still do 20% of all the worlds manufacturing- about the same as always.

But, at an one time a huge percentage of jobs are on the fence and could go either way based on tiny changes. Therefore taxes and unions are a huge factor! We are less and less competitive because liberals lack the ability to understand these basics.

As far as taxes go......It was shown in post #2 that taxes are not as big of factor as you try to make out.

As far as unions go......They can't be that big of a factor since they represent a small segment of the population.

Why don't you come out and say it and stop pussy footing around? In order to be competitive we must lower our wages and standard of living in order to that of say....Mexico. That's what the conservatives are really saying.

New Topics

Forum List

Back