18th Century Fried Chicken

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
This YT Channel is great! In the comments section of the video someone declares the History Channel ought to hire them and dump all the alien bullshit, and that's very true.

James Townsend does quite a lot of 18th century information videos as well as being a major purveyor of 18th century clothing and sundry.

Townsends

18th century, the 1700s. Uhhhhhh, why again?

And I remember Y & T!

Uummmmm, because some people like history.........

I thought maybe they had some good chicken recipes. And I have to believe whatever they ate was better than mac and cheese now. Or Spam, both kinds. The chicken looks good when it's done.

Depends on one's station/profession in life and locality. In the south the primary frontier food was meal, meat and molasses. In New England lobster was considered a "poor man's food" and would never be served to company.

And I remember Y & T!

I thought maybe they had some good chicken recipes. And I have to believe whatever they ate was better than mac and cheese now. Or Spam, both kinds. The chicken looks good when it's done.

Depends on one's station/profession in life and locality. In the south the primary frontier food was meal, meat and molasses. In New England lobster was considered a "poor man's food" and would never be served to company.

I think wild turkey was also a common dish in the NE. Lobster is now a semi-expensive dish. Odd how these things change over time. I suppose back then you served the help lobster and hard tac!

And I remember Y & T!

I think wild turkey was also a common dish in the NE. Lobster is now a semi-expensive dish. Odd how these things change over time. I suppose back then you served the help lobster and hard tac!

Hard tack or more commonly referred to as ship's crackers were generally only used on board ship or when traveling distances on land past the frontier. Pemmican, borrowed from the natives, was more common as a trek food specifically up north. Wild turkey was definitely a staple all over the colonies as was pork, out on the frontier (we're talking west of the Appalachians) venison was the typical fare, horse, mule and dog if things got lean.

Forum List

Back