18 months into 0bama's Presidency.

Sep 12, 2008
obamadest.jpg

18 months into Obama's presidency.

What has he done?

dow-jones-djia-trend-Mar-09-Jan-10.png

Well, for one, when Bush left office, my 401 had lost half it's value. Now it's back almost to where it was before the "Wall Street created Mortgage Crisis Republicans created through wild deregulation".

The Dow is up 4,000 points.

During 8 years of the Clinton Administration, 26 million jobs were created. Under Bush, a measly 3 million. That's less than 400,000 a year. And when Bush left office, how many jobs a week were we losing? While we are still losing jobs, it's a trickle, no longer a flood.

Obama included the three trillion cost of the two wars and the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cuts and the two trillion dollar Republican drug give away for votes Act in his budgets. Making it the first honest budget in 8 years.

Obama passed a weak health care bill. Republicans like to go on about "But, but, but Democrats control the Senate". No, they control the agenda. Republicans filibuster EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Republicans, instead of helping to solve some of the terrible mess they created in 8 years, they want to keep everything as ruined as possible because they think people will vote them back into office. You know that. I know it. It's no secret.

Obama is working on immigration reform. What did Republicans do on immigration in 8 years. Please name something. With Bush from Texas and McCain from Arizona, please name something.

Obama needs to do more to protect the country from the Republican damage caused by deregulating OSHA and the EPA.

What is wrong with the Republican Party? Why didn't the deregulate speed limits and food safety?

No one can name a single positive thing the Republican party did for 8 years under Bush or a single Bush success. Yet, they filibuster everything Obama does and then call him ineffective. I somethings think the Republicans are on the side of al Qaeda. What else could it be?

18 months and we are out of the recession

We have the first comprehensive healthcare in our Nations history

We are back to fighting the war on terrorism in the country where the terrorists actually are

Not too shabby....and the best is yet to come

Wow! wingnuts on parade!

It's hard to believe that Democrats see it when somebody is driving their country into the ditch. But, I guess this thread proves it.

Wow! wingnuts on parade!

It's hard to believe that Democrats see it when somebody is driving their country into the ditch. But, I guess this thread proves it.

On your post:
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -- C.S. Lewis

Are you saying you miss Saddam Hussein? Or that George Bush was a tyrant? 'Cuz when I think of, "omnipotent moral busybodies", I think of Republican Family Values.

Wow! wingnuts on parade!

On your post:
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -- C.S. Lewis

Are you saying you miss Saddam Hussein? Or that George Bush was a tyrant? 'Cuz when I think of, "omnipotent moral busybodies", I think of Republican Family Values.

I'm saying that "Nannies" that know what's best for everyone are the worst tyrants. Matters not whether they come from the right or the left. There are plenty of examples on both sides. I'm not sure about Saddam's tendencies that way. Bush certainly had some (and I was not a fan).

Wow! wingnuts on parade!

On your post:

I would include groups like "Center for Science in the Public Interest" the "Green" groups who are very concerned with how we live our lives. To the extent that the government picks up those banners and runs with them, they are far more dangerous than people that are freaked out about sex and language. I'm not a fan of theirs, but I'm not as afraid for my liberty from them as I am by the people who want to make sure my toilet flushes the right amount of water and my light bulbs are of a certain type. It seems to me there is no end of far they would be willing to get up in my business for my own good.

18 months into Obama's presidency.

What has he done?

dow-jones-djia-trend-Mar-09-Jan-10.png

Well, for one, when Bush left office, my 401 had lost half it's value. Now it's back almost to where it was before the "Wall Street created Mortgage Crisis Republicans created through wild deregulation".

The Dow is up 4,000 points.

During 8 years of the Clinton Administration, 26 million jobs were created. Under Bush, a measly 3 million. That's less than 400,000 a year. And when Bush left office, how many jobs a week were we losing? While we are still losing jobs, it's a trickle, no longer a flood.

Obama included the three trillion cost of the two wars and the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cuts and the two trillion dollar Republican drug give away for votes Act in his budgets. Making it the first honest budget in 8 years.

Obama passed a weak health care bill. Republicans like to go on about "But, but, but Democrats control the Senate". No, they control the agenda. Republicans filibuster EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Republicans, instead of helping to solve some of the terrible mess they created in 8 years, they want to keep everything as ruined as possible because they think people will vote them back into office. You know that. I know it. It's no secret.

Obama is working on immigration reform. What did Republicans do on immigration in 8 years. Please name something. With Bush from Texas and McCain from Arizona, please name something.

Obama needs to do more to protect the country from the Republican damage caused by deregulating OSHA and the EPA.

What is wrong with the Republican Party? Why didn't the deregulate speed limits and food safety?

No one can name a single positive thing the Republican party did for 8 years under Bush or a single Bush success. Yet, they filibuster everything Obama does and then call him ineffective. I somethings think the Republicans are on the side of al Qaeda. What else could it be?

Psssst! Hey Deanie?

Obama Eyes 401K and IRAs for Government Control and Theft

Democrats to kill 401(k)s for … privatized Social Security?

Why?

Forum List

Back