18 months and still no miracles

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
db100704.gif

Looks like that hopey-changey went right down the drain. :lol::lol::lol:

--->whoosh--->

The cartoon brought home to me the question what would McCain have done? What would Palin do, if faced with those same problems all within a year and a half?

Compounding the very real problems is a 21st Century presidency having to deal with channel-changing, text-messaging, viral e-mailing, Twittering, self-appointed experts wanting instant gratification. McCain has a wicked temper and would be throwing tantrums. Palin's self-image is so great, she would have just quit.

The American people don't have the time or patience to waste with pointless "what ifs". People just want those presently in charge to handle the issues.

The cartoon brought home to me the question what would McCain have done? What would Palin do, if faced with those same problems all within a year and a half?

They would have cut taxes to correct each problem and would be "studying" healthcare...beyond that, I really don't know

--->whoosh--->

Compounding the very real problems is a 21st Century presidency having to deal with channel-changing, text-messaging, viral e-mailing, Twittering, self-appointed experts wanting instant gratification. McCain has a wicked temper and would be throwing tantrums. Palin's self-image is so great, she would have just quit.

Well, under McCain/Palin, the following would be different:

1- The Healthcare bill that will bankrupt the USA would not have passed.
2- The US Federal Gov't would not drop a lawsuit on Arizona for the immigration bill.
3- The US foreign policy would not be to bow to dictators and appease Iran. Iran is emboldened and rapidly aquiring a nuclear weapon. Unspeakable evil could result.
4- The economy would probably be no better, no worse. No president can fix that right now. But, I imagine businesses wouldn't be as nervous about higher taxes under McCain. Maybe would be more willing to take some hiring risks, especially knowing they aren't gonna be forced to pay healthcare for every worker they hire. That healthcare bill is a hiring issue also.
5- The Black Panthers would be getting prosecuted by the Feds.
6- The oil spill would still be just as bad. But McCain would've lifted the Jones Act and allowed all the foreign nations to help us instead of Obama refusing to lift it because it would hurt unions.

But, to the original message of "No miracles yet".........you mean people are still having to pay their mortgages and put gas in their cars? GASP!!! And to think, Obama voters actually thought he was gonna pay their mortgages and gas bills for them.

I thank Obama, I still have a job. Republicans wanted to ship all of them overseas.

Could you imagine what would have happened if we elected McCain?

He would have finished the destruction of the US that Republicans started under Bush.

I think it's something about the end of the world will bring Jesus back, but it's never been clear why they want this country destroyed. All we know is they have worked tirelessly to achieve that goal.

--->whoosh--->

They would not have approved a billion dollar bailout that did not work nor a trillion and half dollar budget. They would not tell the people " don't read the bill, honest we know what is best" We would not have billions in new costs due to a failed Health care idiocy. We would not be looking at a doubling of the deficit in 4 years. Nor would 50 cents on ever dollar the fed spends be borrowed.

--->whoosh--->

Who holds the office of the presidency? Let's just stick with that question, because it is the reality.

They would have cut taxes to correct each problem and would be "studying" healthcare...beyond that, I really don't know

Translation: They would have allowed the private sector to keep more if it's own money, so that the private sector would have more money to invest in looking for way's to fix it's own problems.

Super Duper Fantastic Translation: They would expect more Americans to fix their problems with their own money and own ideas instead of crying to the government to fix it.

Super Duper Fantastic Fun Hour Translation: People would have to be more responsible and accountable for their own issues, but our country would go bankrupt a lot farther down the road than we are going to now.

Hey, that pesky personal responsibility thing keeps rearing it's ugly head. Good thing the progressive left is going to eliminate all need for it.

--->whoosh--->

That point didn't go over my head.

Funny how blind political hacks, like you and Trudeau, need to deflect from their abject failures by playing "oh yeah, well at least we're not as sucky as THEM."

Fool.

We are so much better off with what your messiah has done since he took over the office. :lol:

I thank Obama, I still have a job. Republicans wanted to ship all of them overseas.

Could you imagine what would have happened if we elected McCain?

He would have finished the destruction of the US that Republicans started under Bush.

I think it's something about the end of the world will bring Jesus back, but it's never been clear why they want this country destroyed. All we know is they have worked tirelessly to achieve that goal.

If there were an award for most brainwashed far left liberal on this site, you'd contend.

Rather than trying to reverse the progressive brainwashing you've endured, allow me to propose you with a math formula:

Past Republicans: Wanted to export jobs.

Current Democrats: Want to keep importing workers.

Exporting Jobs + Importing Workers = What for the American people?

Solve that equation, and you'll understand a portion of the Tea Party message. Both sides suck. We are trying to clean out the right. You need to try to clean out the left. We cannot export jobs while importing workers. The math doesn't work out well for us.

--->whoosh--->

Well, under McCain/Palin, the following would be different:

1- The Healthcare bill that will bankrupt the USA would not have passed.
2- The US Federal Gov't would not drop a lawsuit on Arizona for the immigration bill.
3- The US foreign policy would not be to bow to dictators and appease Iran. Iran is emboldened and rapidly aquiring a nuclear weapon. Unspeakable evil could result.
4- The economy would probably be no better, no worse. No president can fix that right now. But, I imagine businesses wouldn't be as nervous about higher taxes under McCain. Maybe would be more willing to take some hiring risks, especially knowing they aren't gonna be forced to pay healthcare for every worker they hire. That healthcare bill is a hiring issue also.
5- The Black Panthers would be getting prosecuted by the Feds.
6- The oil spill would still be just as bad. But McCain would've lifted the Jones Act and allowed all the foreign nations to help us instead of Obama refusing to lift it because it would hurt unions.

But, to the original message of "No miracles yet".........you mean people are still having to pay their mortgages and put gas in their cars? GASP!!! And to think, Obama voters actually thought he was gonna pay their mortgages and gas bills for them.

I'm not so sure on your #2

--->whoosh--->

That point didn't go over my head.

Funny how blind political hacks, like you and Trudeau, need to deflect from their abject failures by playing "oh yeah, well at least we're not as sucky as THEM."

Fool.

Hey man, cut 'em some slack. They have actually made a huge leap forward in progress on this thread. Their Messiah got criticized, yes, again. He's a disaster and getting worse.

But they deflected the blame and asked what would've happened if McCain won? While that is still a sorry argument in response to your question, do you know why it is progress for their brainwashed liberal brains???? Well, I still can't believe it and the thread is far from over, but so far they actually haven't blamed Bush. Amazing isn't it?

I was away for a week. Did I miss the memo that McCain, who didn't win, is now the new one to blame? Bush is out? Now, that's a miracle!

Most of the independents have caught on that after 4 years in power the democrats haven't a leg to stand on when blaming republicans and after 2 years of NO Bush, Obama may actually be responsible for all the dumb ass things he has done.

Now they will play make believe in an attempt to distract again.

Why is the right wing still pushing that Jones act nonsense? It only applies to ships leaving from US ports and having a destination to a US port. There are 21 foreign ships involved in cleanup right now. Doesn't seem the Jones Act is keeping them away

--->whoosh--->

If McCain had done nothing after entering office besides trying to assure confidence, he would have done better than the Big 0. He has thoroughly confused everyone, blown his chance fix things when handed a blank check and now is going to remove about 5% from the economy by allowing the "Bush Tax Cuts" to expire.

Luckily for his constituancy, which is largely out of work, the unemployed will not have to suffer by having their withholding increased.

Unluckily for his constituancy, as long as he in office, they will never find work again.

So, let's check the balance sheet. We are DOWN to 14.6 million unemployed. The stimulus is about a trillion, actually more, but let's use that number.

1 trillion divided by 14.6 million = $68,493. All of the unemployed could have recieved $68,493 so far. This would be a monthly benefit of $3,805. If you're unemployed and did not recieve $3,805 per month since the Big 0 took office, you're getting cheated.

Employment Situation Summary

Last edited:

Forum List

Back