18 hrs and counting

Fatality

SunCrackedSoul
Jul 15, 2009
I have now been up for 18 hours straight and plan on going till tonight, i dont know how far ill get but i have to break the cycle.

Have you tried something called Quietude by Boiron? It's homeopathic, no side effects and it works. I've even given it my kids on occasion. You can find it in health food stores but also in the health/organic section of grocery stores. Worth a shot.

Quietude - Boiron

yeah i have stuff, the problem is i have my pattern backward from staying up late, then it just got later an later then sleep in the mornnig till noon. so my nights have become my days

yeah i have stuff, the problem is i have my pattern backward from staying up late, then it just got later an later then sleep in the mornnig till noon. so my nights have become my days

Do you work at night?

I'm currently in a go to bed around 1am get up around 8:30am routine. Kids go back to school in two weeks. Then up at 5:30am bed around 10pm.

I used to work rotating shifts for many years. Nights (2300-0730) were the worst. I would work 7 days straight with little sleep during the day and then just as my body was getting used to the work/sleep pattern, four days off and then onto 1500 starts. The stupid part about it was the employer refused to allow us to work a proper cyclical pattern of Day Afternoon Night (you can probably see the progression) and made us work a disruptive Day Night Afternoon pattern.

Staying awake doesn't help. Fatigue does some pretty bad things to your body so you should really avoid forcing yourself to stay awake. When I consulted physicians about disruptive sleep patterns they made the point continually about routine, you train your body and your mind (not that I'm into dualism) to follow an established pattern.

Sleep Debt | Sleep Deprivation

Sleep debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i hit 23 hrs then slept for 3 hrs, hopefuly by midnight i can pass out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMD7Ezp3gWc]YouTube - The Ramones - I wanna be sedated[/ame]

I used to work rotating shifts for many years. Nights (2300-0730) were the worst. I would work 7 days straight with little sleep during the day and then just as my body was getting used to the work/sleep pattern, four days off and then onto 1500 starts. The stupid part about it was the employer refused to allow us to work a proper cyclical pattern of Day Afternoon Night (you can probably see the progression) and made us work a disruptive Day Night Afternoon pattern.

Staying awake doesn't help. Fatigue does some pretty bad things to your body so you should really avoid forcing yourself to stay awake. When I consulted physicians about disruptive sleep patterns they made the point continually about routine, you train your body and your mind (not that I'm into dualism) to follow an established pattern.

Sleep Debt | Sleep Deprivation

Sleep debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For about five years, I worked a rotating shift for my present employer. 12 hours, 6 to 6, 4 days, then 3 1/2 days off, 4 days, then 4 1/2 days off. That was the theory. I ended up working mostly 6 day shifts. Good money, really hard on the body. That was from 1999 to 2004. Now, I am on a straight day shift, 8 hr days, 5 days a week. Much more livable, especially since I am well past 65.

That kind rotating shift really messes up your body and sleep pattern.

Forum List

Back