18 High Schoolers Get Baptized on Field, Atheists Go Ape

God is a made up character to control people. So atheist don't see themselves as God because there is not such thing
You are one of God's made up characters, and I think 8m giving you too much credit. For all I know, you're just AI

Last edited:

The atheist is trying to force their religion on the rest of us.

Stupid comment.

Atheism is not a religion. Quite the opposite in fact.

No it's not.

Atheism is a new religion, if you don't believe in a higher power you just don't ....

But Atheist have talk on and on about a deity they say don't exist, the only person they are trying to convince is themselves.

What do people wanting to be baptized in the Baptist sect of Christianity have anything to do with a football team at a public high school? Where I grew up, the local Baptist church had a baptism pool. Why do people want to be baptized in a public football field? Don't they have churches to go to? Or is this just another public grandstanding, theatrical event?

Some churches don't have buildings, or buildings equipped with baptismal pools. Of course doing it public does help reach the people, and does send a message to the community

What? With all of these churches, they can't find a baptism pool? Oh, come on. And what "message" to what "community"? Do all religious communities perform their religious rites in public? This public grandstanding theatrics is sooooo boring.
I think those pride parades should be done inside. Why do the want to grandstand their sexual perversions.

Everybody is entitled to use our streets. Many groups have parades. I've marched at least once in the St. Patrick's Day parade. If you don't want to go to a parade, stay home and find something else to do.

The problem here is that people are trying to conduct private sectarian religious rites, aided by people who are supposed to be performing their jobs as public employees who are on the clock, in public space that has been designated for school sports activities. Why was this done?

It seems that it is the Baptists and various Evangelicals of indeterminate denomination who always try to take over everything. The Orthodox, Episcopalians, Lutherans, and more Christians, as well as the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists and others, don't go parading around trying to be attention hogs, grandstanding and showboating. Why do they do this? It is so rude.

What do people wanting to be baptized in the Baptist sect of Christianity have anything to do with a football team at a public high school? Where I grew up, the local Baptist church had a baptism pool. Why do people want to be baptized in a public football field? Don't they have churches to go to? Or is this just another public grandstanding, theatrical event?

"The Kingdom of God is inside/within you (and all about you), not in buildings/mansions of wood and stone. (When I am gone) Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift the/a stone and you will find me."

Irrelevant to my post. Please by advised that many other people do not share your take on your chosen religion. Why can't people go to their own churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, sacred circles to conduct the rituals of their faiths? .....

Why can’t bigots find something else to worry about?

So people who think that public space should be religiously neutral are bigots? Everyone has their own space to go to, tax exempt. Everyone does not follow the same religion.

"The Kingdom of God is inside/within you (and all about you), not in buildings/mansions of wood and stone. (When I am gone) Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift the/a stone and you will find me."

Irrelevant to my post. Please by advised that many other people do not share your take on your chosen religion. Why can't people go to their own churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, sacred circles to conduct the rituals of their faiths? .....

So people who think that public space should be religiously neutral are bigots? Everyone has their own space to go to, tax exempt. Everyone does not follow the same religion.

When I was a teen, I'd see street preachers out on the corner calling people to repentance right there in public.

The Free Exercise of Religion in public just isn't a "theory" in America, but instead part of our very identity as Americans. A lot of religious sects and denominations have incubated in America because of this tradition. Maybe it makes you uncomfortable, but its one of things that makes America America.

There is no evidence God. People only believe in God because they were told to. What evidence God exist? The burden of proof of God existence is on the people claiming so.

God doesn't exist is a fact, not an opinion.

It's not a fact, moonbat.

There lies your problem so stop screeching it. You look ridiculous

So show me evidence of God and I'll retract my statement.

Sorry to hear your blind, but God did it to you for a reason.

Which God? There are 5000 different versions of God(s) out there.

We are talking about Almighty God here, not Ganeesh, or Allah, or some other pagan deity.

What makes Allah or Rama less real than your God?

There is no evidence God. People only believe in God because they were told to. What evidence God exist? The burden of proof of God existence is on the people claiming so.

God doesn't exist is a fact, not an opinion.

Show me the evidence something comes from nothing and I’ll retract my statement.

Never claimed something comes from nothing. Scientist are still studying and finding out things out the origins of the universe. But it doesn't mean we automatically jump the conclusion god did it.

It's like when a door shuts on its on when there's no visible wind. We don't jump to the conclusion that a ghost or demon closed it.

We do, however, have Almighty God's word that he created both the heaven and the earth. Written testimony is definitely evidence. And as is says in Romans 3:4, let God be true and every man a liar.

How can you be sure the Bible is accurate and not the Quran?

You do realize you only believe in the Bible because of the geographical location you were born. If you were born in Sri Lanka you'd be believing in Buddha.

If you were born in Bahrain you'd be quoting the Quran.

When I was a teen, I'd see street preachers out on the corner calling people to repentance right there in public.

The Free Exercise of Religion in public just isn't a "theory" in America, but instead part of our very identity as Americans. A lot of religious sects and denominations have incubated in America because of this tradition. Maybe it makes you uncomfortable, but its one of things that makes America America.

I think that culture is a large part of this discussion. I grew up in a town with every conceivable Christian denomination having a church (the Presbyterians had two). The Jews had a synagogue the next town over. But the town is very subdued and polite. It was not a place in which making a public scene was acceptable, for any reason. It's a very conservative, old-school kind of place. Not a place for yellers and screamers.

I remember that Sunday morning was split up so that we kids went to mass and then to Catechism in the second hour while our parents went to mass. An out-of-town priest came, who conducted mass for us kids (we sat by age) and screamed things like "you birds in the back row, are you listening to me." I don't know how this priest conducted himself during the adult mass, but my father was really angry at his carrying on. He was so pissed that the church allowed this priest in to act in this manner instead of respecting the solemnity of worship services.

This is the culture that I came from. There is a standard of acceptable public behavior that requires quiet, polite, and respectful conduct. It is widely known that there are many cultures that exist in this country.

P.S. I knew that my father was suffering from dementia when he failed to remove his hat in stepping into an elevator to the doctor's office. Later he railed against a guy in the dining room at his senior living center who kept his baseball cap on during dinner.

Apparently so. But this people wanting Christianity to flood the schools, freak out at even the mention of Islam in public schools.

Bunch of hypocrites.

Our public schools should be secular and free from any religion.

Some churches don't have buildings, or buildings equipped with baptismal pools. Of course doing it public does help reach the people, and does send a message to the community

What? With all of these churches, they can't find a baptism pool? Oh, come on. And what "message" to what "community"? Do all religious communities perform their religious rites in public? This public grandstanding theatrics is sooooo boring.
I think those pride parades should be done inside. Why do the want to grandstand their sexual perversions.

Everybody is entitled to use our streets. Many groups have parades. I've marched at least once in the St. Patrick's Day parade. If you don't want to go to a parade, stay home and find something else to do.

The problem here is that people are trying to conduct private sectarian religious rites, aided by people who are supposed to be performing their jobs as public employees who are on the clock, in public space that has been designated for school sports activities. Why was this done?

It seems that it is the Baptists and various Evangelicals of indeterminate denomination who always try to take over everything. The Orthodox, Episcopalians, Lutherans, and more Christians, as well as the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists and others, don't go parading around trying to be attention hogs, grandstanding and showboating. Why do they do this? It is so rude.
So in the pride parades there are plenty of public figures getting paid. What's your point?

So in the pride parades there are plenty of public figures getting paid. What's your point?

I know in Youngstown, the police department send paid staff out there to keep an eye on the marching homos at the pride parade, and they are definitely paid public service.

Do public figures get paid for attending parades? Seriously, I don't know if public figures get paid for participating in parades. Police, firefighters, other notables march in parades. I don't know whether these marchers get paid for this. Sometimes mayors march, and I guess that this is part of their offices to show their support for their communities.

Do public figures get paid for attending parades? Seriously, I don't know if public figures get paid for participating in parades. Police, firefighters, other notables march in parades. I don't know whether these marchers get paid for this. Sometimes mayors march, and I guess that this is part of their offices to show their support for their communities.

The police officers who are detailed to keep an eye on the proceedings are certainly paid.

The police officers who are detailed to keep an eye on the proceedings are certainly paid.
As is always. Police are always there to keep an eye on things whenever there is a public event. Do you actually have any idea of how our society works? Where do you live that you don't know this?

As is always. Police are always there to keep an eye on things whenever there is a public event. Do you actually have any idea of how our society works? Where do you live that you don't know this?

I was just the police are getting paid for this special duty.

Although I've seen public events without a police presence too.

So what? What is your complaint? That police might be on hand (and on the clock) during a public event? Should all public events whose sponsors don't pay to hire private security be banned? When there is a public gathering, our cops are usually there. Isn't this true in your community?

So what? What is your complaint? That police might be on hand (and on the clock) during a public event? Should all public events whose sponsors don't pay to hire private security be banned? When there is a public gathering, our cops are usually there. Isn't this true in your community?

No, I don't have a problem. But the question is why YOU have a problem with simple cultural ceremonies like the baptism of football players be prohibited with public employees present?

The atheist is trying to force their religion on the rest of us.

Stupid comment.

Atheism is not a religion. Quite the opposite in fact.
Do they BELIEVE there is no God? Sounds like a BELIEF system to me.

Show me the evidence something comes from nothing and I’ll retract my statement.

Never claimed something comes from nothing. Scientist are still studying and finding out things out the origins of the universe. But it doesn't mean we automatically jump the conclusion god did it.

It's like when a door shuts on its on when there's no visible wind. We don't jump to the conclusion that a ghost or demon closed it.

We do, however, have Almighty God's word that he created both the heaven and the earth. Written testimony is definitely evidence. And as is says in Romans 3:4, let God be true and every man a liar.

How can you be sure the Bible is accurate and not the Quran?

You do realize you only believe in the Bible because of the geographical location you were born. If you were born in Sri Lanka you'd be believing in Buddha.

If you were born in Bahrain you'd be quoting the Quran.
Except for the pesky fact people from all regions do in fact change their religion based on faith. Being born somewhere may establish a base but it does not determine who you ultimately believe in.

Forum List

Back