170 Million Dollars For What?

I have to question the President when he says he is going to get us back on course economically then goes out and spends 4 times what Bush's inaugurations costs. I understand the significance of the event but he would have impressed me more if he would have been more humbled and kept the costs down. He talks the talk but I'm not sure if he can walk the walk.

Don't worry .. his inauguration was bankrolled by the same corporations who are raping the US Treasury for billions of dollars and the same Wall Street that bankrolled much of his campaign.

Never trust a centrist.

First, you DO realize that the money for most of the celebration and ceremony was donated by the people, willingly?

Bush Jr. used taxpayer money (mostly).

Oh yeah........did anyone else notice that Obama did a better job on the parade than Bush Jr.? Monkey Boy Georgie was running around like a chicken with his head cut off........

Nope .. most of the money came from Wall Street and the bankers who are raping us for billions .. the same bankers, by the way, who bankrolled his campaign.

TRUTH....

The cost of President Bush's Inaugural events, including the swearing in a few parades and 9 different balls was $42.5 million dollars.

The cost of President Obama's Inaugural events including the swearing in, a few parades and Ball Celebrations is roughly $45 million.

Security costs were never reported for President Bush's security....and never included in the cost of the inauguration nor was the cost of security reported for Clinton, or Bush 1, or Reagan's etc....only the cost of the actual inaugural events.

The SPIN that started with a rag newspaper was bought in to by the (liberal HA!) press and spun out of control by conservatives rags....

That's the Bottom line.

So, 42.5 million vs 45 million 4 years later....not too much of a difference.

Of Course, I think all of this money is a complete waste of money, for Bush and for Obama.....i think this celebration should be modest....not ostentatious.

Care

Forum List

Back