17 year old kid...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
from Colorado, I think they said, just took the first Gold for the USA in a remarkable third run. He was 11th prior to his last run and held off two other contenders for the gold with a score of 87.16.

Good job!

from Colorado, I think they said, just took the first Gold for the USA in a remarkable third run. He was 11th prior to his last run and held off two other contenders for the gold with a score of 87.16.

Good job!

DW unless people are watching they will not know what sport this is in.

Good thing I have been watching the Snowboarding Men's Slopestyle Qualifier Run I and Run 2 last night and now the Final tonight. His name is Redmond Gerard and he got lucky because his Run I and Run 2 were pretty terrible 43.33 and 46.4, Mark McMorris of Canada had two great Run I and Run 2 of 75.30 and 85.20 and then on Run III had a chronic 60.68 which was 20 points behind Max Parrot of Canada who won the Silver and Parrot had a terrible Run I and Run II with 45.12 and 49.48 not sure about the scoring on that Run III IMHO Max Parrot had the best Run III but scored 86.00 IMHO Parrot was superior on Run III to Gerard.

Mark McMorris should be taken out and shot he had Gold written all over him with his incredible Run I and even more incredible Run II so WTF happened on Run III who knows.

I am irritated that because of high winds the Men's super-G is now on Friday and the Men's Downhill is now postponed until THURSDAY, what a nightmare, our Matthias Mayer is the Defending World Champion in this and this household of course will also be watching Aksel Lund Svindal who is a veteran Norwegian in this event this is I think his third Olympics.

Good job!

Good thing I have been watching the Snowboarding Men's Slopestyle Qualifier Run I and Run 2 last night and now the Final tonight. His name is Redmond Gerard and he got lucky because his Run I and Run 2 were pretty terrible 43.33 and 46.4, Mark McMorris of Canada had two great Run I and Run 2 of 75.30 and 85.20 and then on Run III had a chronic 60.68 which was 20 points behind Max Parrot of Canada who won the Silver and Parrot had a terrible Run I and Run II with 45.12 and 49.48 not sure about the scoring on that Run III IMHO Max Parrot had the best Run III but scored 86.00 IMHO Parrot was superior on Run III to Gerard.

Mark McMorris should be taken out and shot he had Gold written all over him with his incredible Run I and even more incredible Run II so WTF happened on Run III who knows.

I am irritated that because of high winds the Men's super-G is now on Friday and the Men's Downhill is now postponed until THURSDAY, what a nightmare, our Matthias Mayer is the Defending World Champion in this and this household of course will also be watching Aksel Lund Svindal who is a veteran Norwegian in this event this is I think his third Olympics.

^^^^ What I already commented and yes a shock and a WTF as Snowboarding fans will know this Gerard just got lucky this one time he not that good a Snowboarder unlike Mark McMorris and Max Parrot of Canada for example:

T0d9U51FRmqMKMuUy9HUwg.png

Good job!

That's fine. It wasn't My intent to give a sports rundown of the entire event. Only to express what an amazing win it was.

Good job!

That's fine. It wasn't My intent to give a sports rundown of the entire event. Only to express what an amazing win it was.

That's okay DW no problem, it was an amazing Run III pretty freak actually.

Good job!

It was, I had actually written him off just before he started his third run.

Good job!

It was, I had actually written him off just before he started his third run.

Well anyhow congratulations to him, pretty incredible for a 17 year old and at least he is doing something positive with his life instead of sitting on his buttocks and/or smoking Crack or whatever.

Good job!

Darkwind we are now up and running have our first medal and its the Gold in the Luge Mens Singles David Gleirscher also I add Germany has another medal a Bronze for Johannes Ludwig, also more Gold medals in the Biathlon with Arnd Peiffer and in the Women's Biathlon Laura Dahlmeier and in the Men's Ski Jumping Andreas Wellinger so my Mama and her side of this family and also therefore me we are all double happy and also for Norway another Silver and another Bronze in the Men's Ski Jumping Johann Andre Forfang and Robert Johansson and three more medals Gold, Silver and Bronze in the below so Mr. Lucy is happy and that means we are all three times happy.

ndZEDomgRpa11TT9q_wkkg.png

The below is the Medal Table after is it now two days or three days I forget.

9avnmvMCSCOIyh9Tg6w1uQ.png

Good job!

Darkwind we are now up and running have our first medal and its the Gold in the Luge Mens Singles David Gleirscher also I add Germany has another medal a Bronze for Johannes Ludwig, also more Gold medals in the Biathlon with Arnd Peiffer and in the Women's Biathlon Laura Dahlmeier and in the Men's Ski Jumping Andreas Wellinger so my Mama and her side of this family and also therefore me we are all double happy and also for Norway another Silver and another Bronze in the Men's Ski Jumping Johann Andre Forfang and Robert Johansson and three more medals Gold, Silver and Bronze in the below so Mr. Lucy is happy and that means we are all three times happy.

Darn it. I've been to busy to watch!

Good job!

It is not a good situation because the time difference is that I have 3.48AM and this is Monday 12 and South Korea is now 11.48AM and also Monday 12 so that is 8 hours ahead and I am going to have a nap soon and so this means I will not get to watch a lot of this Olympics, same thing when they had the World Cup in 2002 they put it between South Korea and Japan and that 8 hours ahead thing again and that 2002 World Cup is the only World Cup where we have missed 90% of the matches not a good situation.

2002 FIFA World Cup - Wikipedia

Good job!

It is not a good situation because the time difference is that I have 3.48AM and this is Monday 12 and South Korea is now 11.48AM and also Monday 12 so that is 8 hours ahead and I am going to have a nap soon and so this means I will not get to watch a lot of this Olympics, same thing when they had the World Cup in 2002 they put it between South Korea and Japan and that 8 hours ahead thing again and that 2002 World Cup is the only World Cup where we have missed 90% of the matches not a good situation.

I hear you. They are 14 hours ahead of Me. I just haven't been able to watch because I've been busy.

Good job!

I hear you. They are 14 hours ahead of Me. I just haven't been able to watch because I've been busy.

The 14 hours ahead is worser than for me, WTF?! I would have attempted to stay up longer to watch the Snowboarding but the Women's Slopestyle Final Run 2 has been Delayed until who knows when and the Women's Slopestyle Final Run 3 has been Cancelled until who knows when that's re scheduled, they are having not good weather I post last night that the best of the Alpine Skiing the start of has been re scheduled to Thursday and Friday when it was originally to start today Monday.

Yes, I was curious about a gold medal for what sport? Thanks Lucy. Thanks Darkwind. Hopefully many more medals to follow.

If it is okay with Darkwind I think perhaps we should keep his thread to post any updates on our respective nations medal wins etc that is if we all are not too busy and/or missing 99% of things because we have to nap lol.

Good job!

The 14 hours ahead is worser than for me, WTF?! I would have attempted to stay up longer to watch the Snowboarding but the Women's Slopestyle Final Run 2 has been Delayed until who knows when and the Women's Slopestyle Final Run 3 has been Cancelled until who knows when that's re scheduled, they are having not good weather I post last night that the best of the Alpine Skiing the start of has been re scheduled to Thursday and Friday when it was originally to start today Monday.
yeah, all this rescheduling really blows. Trying to time sleep and the games so that the day isn't so bad is tough enough.

Hey, what can you do?

Yes, I was curious about a gold medal for what sport? Thanks Lucy. Thanks Darkwind. Hopefully many more medals to follow.

If it is okay with Darkwind I think perhaps we should keep his thread to post any updates on our respective nations medal wins etc that is if we all are not too busy and/or missing 99% of things because we have to nap lol.
Cool with Me.

So far, in the women's downhill luge, the Germans are dominating.

I have to say, Giesenburger is pretty damn cute!

I guess it just called the Luge. lol

She was great as was Dajana Eitberger, the Canadian I forget her name she is placed number three she's pretty good, yes it is just called the Luge lol. Also watched the Women's Ski Jumping another Gold for Norway Maren Lundby and Silver for Germany Katharina Althaus the Japanese won the Bronze. Again terrible weather and the Snowboarding Women's Slopestyle Final Run III canceled very strong winds and considered to dangerous because the strong wind will affect the boards it would be like riding into a wind tunnel very dangerous could even result in a fatality.

Natalie Geisenberger tragic for you DW darling she is taken he is called Markus.

bZ-yDtCpRtmbLHILpGLLSg.png

nNogYtt-R56aidsAi4gmTw.png

Forum List

Back