17 year old boy kills parents, then hosts a party

I gotta lay a lot of that crap on the parents. They had to have known their kid's cheese slid off it's cracker long ago. But like Casey Anthony's parents...they ignored it as long as the violence was at someones pet or or another person. Until it came home to roost. Idiots.

But if the parents were ignoring the boy and didnt care what he was doing, why would he kill them? if they were letting him do whatever, you would think he would want to keep things the way they are.

Because most kids WANT to be seen and heard, loved and cared for, told what they can and cannot do becuase that means they ARE loved.

I gotta lay a lot of that crap on the parents. They had to have known their kid's cheese slid off it's cracker long ago. But like Casey Anthony's parents...they ignored it as long as the violence was at someones pet or or another person. Until it came home to roost. Idiots.

But if the parents were ignoring the boy and didnt care what he was doing, why would he kill them? if they were letting him do whatever, you would think he would want to keep things the way they are.

Because most kids WANT to be seen and heard, loved and cared for, told what they can and cannot do becuase that means they ARE loved.

From what I read it sounds like he murdered his parents because they were not going to allow him to throw this Facebook party?

There had to be signs, a history of mental disorder. This kind of violence doesn't just occur out of the blue overnight, and not just over being told he could not have a party. Has to be history to this young man's behavior. My guess he was not in treatment or was in inadequate treatment or off his meds. I always find it interesting in interviews with friends or neighbors..."They are nice people. Nice kids." Ya just never know what folks are hiding from the world behind closed doors.

John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer were considered nice neighbors as well, I guess you can rest assured your neighbors are good people if they are rude assholes.:doubt:

Actually, my point was, what folks present to the world is often not reality.

This is not just as the result of bad parenting. The kid obviously has a mental disorder. No guilt. No remorse. Sociopath? Maybe. There is a disorder, Conduct Disorder, with these traits. The kid never learns to develop emotional attachments, does not feel empathy, remorse, and the only regret they often have is because they got caught. There are signs, fire-setting, cruelty to animals, poor peer relations, disregard for authority, anger, and others. Our prisons are full of folks like these because often they are only able to function in a high structured environment and that is where their behavior eventually takes them.

Fox just reported he is being held without bond and is on suicide watch.

This is not just as the result of bad parenting. The kid obviously has a mental disorder. No guilt. No remorse. Sociopath? Maybe. There is a disorder, Conduct Disorder, with these traits. The kid never learns to develop emotional attachments, does not feel empathy, remorse, and the only regret they often have is because they got caught. There are signs, fire-setting, cruelty to animals, poor peer relations, disregard for authority, anger, and others. Our prisons are full of folks like these because often they are only able to function in a high structured environment and that is where their behavior eventually takes them.

We see this stuff everyday now though, so how many people have mental disorders? is there really that many crazy people out there?:eusa_eh:

We see this stuff everyday now though, so how many people have mental disorders? is there really that many crazy people out there?:eusa_eh:

They're not 'crazy'...they have a disorder, and yes there are many, many folks with these disorders, ranging from mood disorders, depression, PTSD, bipolar, schizoaffective and schizophrenia, oppositional defiant disorder, OCD, psychosis, histrionic disorder, conduct disorder, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, intermittent explosive disorder, behavioral disorder, any of which can be combined with suicidal and homicidal ideation thoughts or plans, and I haven't even covered the ones that are drug induced, and the ones I encounter more and more lately in my work who have just reached their breaking point, losing their jobs, their homes, their families and attempt suicide and/or homicide due to severe depression or mood disorder stemming from their situation. Something in their brain chemical make-up is off and usually the right combination of medications and treatment are needed to turn them around. However, many are in denial of their disease, many hide their disorder, afraid they will be thought of as 'crazy', and many families are in denial that any of their family members could possibly be 'nuts. Many do not stay in treatment and many do not stay on their medications.

Last edited:

They're not 'crazy'...they have a disorder, and yes there are many, many folks with these disorders, ranging from mood disorders, depression, PTSD, bipolar, schizoaffective and schizophrenia, oppositional defiant disorder, OCD, psychosis, histrionic disorder, conduct disorder, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, intermittent explosive disorder, behavioral disorder, any of which can be combined with suicidal and homicidal ideation thoughts or plans, and I haven't even covered the ones that are drug induced, and the ones I encounter more and more lately in my work who have just reached their breaking point, losing their jobs, their homes, their families and attempt suicide and/or homicide due to severe depression or mood disorder stemming from their situation. Something in their brain chemical make-up is off and usually the right combination of medications and treatment are needed to turn them around. However, many are in denial of their disease, many hide their disorder, afraid they will be thought of as 'crazy', and many families are in denial that any of their family members could possibly be 'nuts. Many do not stay in treatment and many do not stay on their medications.

Sorry, but that won't wash. People experience horrible, awful things as children and don't grow up to be murdering assholes.
Society today rams filth and violence down kids throats every damn day. At school, at home with tv, in games, on the net, on the news. Much of that is part and parcel of dumbing down emotions, thoughts, actions and to think it doesn't just makes it what it is today with your mindset. Slap on the hands, pity the poor kid and baby them, hide their evilness, then be surprised when you get an ax in your head the first time you say no. And those of the same mindset as you, lilbug, is even another nail in their insanity coffin. No offense intended, but I bet you are one of thoe time-out moms. Me? I took a switch to my kids butt. That's what butts are for. All that padding. He isn't a murderer. Nor did he torture animals. My mother did horrible shit to me I won't talk about here. Didn't make me a murderer either. And I love animals.

It's time to stop with the excuse findings of what makes an asshole an asshole and deal with the asshole that is an asshole. Regardless of age.

About 4 people in one hundered are sociopaths.

That means they from no connections to other humans.

he is likely one

Sorry, but that won't wash. People experience horrible, awful things as children and don't grow up to be murdering assholes.
Society today rams filth and violence down kids throats every damn day. At school, at home with tv, in games, on the net, on the news. Much of that is part and parcel of dumbing down emotions, thoughts, actions and to think it doesn't just makes it what it is today with your mindset. Slap on the hands, pity the poor kid and baby them, hide their evilness, then be surprised when you get an ax in your head the first time you say no. And those of the same mindset as you, lilbug, is even another nail in their insanity coffin. No offense intended, but I bet you are one of thoe time-out moms. Me? I took a switch to my kids butt. That's what butts are for. All that padding. He isn't a murderer. Nor did he torture animals. My mother did horrible shit to me I won't talk about here. Didn't make me a murderer either. And I love animals.

It's time to stop with the excuse findings of what makes an asshole an asshole and deal with the asshole that is an asshole. Regardless of age.

Well Gracie, offense was taken, you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone just because they happen to hold a different opnion than you. I'm not a mom at all, I wanted children and tried, but unfortunately it did not work out for me. Had I been, I most definitely would not have been a time-out mom and totally agree that much of what is 'wrong' with kids today is lack of responsible parenting and discipline, which is not in any way to be compared to child abuse. Much of my work in the last 30 years has dealt in the area of psychiatry and a lot of it with kids just like this one. I clearly stated this was not a result of bad parenting, but good parenting does not guarantee a kid without mental issues either. It happens where families are raising their kids right, with discipline, guidance and love and parents wring their hands with guilt over what they did wrong. I'll admit some kids have behavioral disorders due to lack of parents with parenting skills, but something of this magnitude, this behavior so off the chart is a mental disorder. The fact that you and I and many others were raised where atrocities occurred in our childhood, got our butts spanked, and we turned out to be responsible human beings only proves that there's more to this issue than just parenting.

Gracie, I've agreed with many of your posts here, admired you for them, but you don't know me at all and I found your reply to be unnecessarily harsh and actually cruel with regard to the remarks about motherhood. I never understood when folks preface something with 'no offense' and then proceed to be most offensive. So, yes, offense was taken, on something so very personal to a woman and without knowlegde of, you should have refrained from commenting on.

Does anyone know the back story on this?

Maybe the parents molested and abused him. I'd probably want to kill my parents too if they put me through that kind of torture.

All I'm saying is there might be more to this than just a deranged kid.

Why I am not against the death penalty.
I do not want either my tax dollars supporting this type of scum nor do I want any possibility of him ever being loose again.

Well Gracie, offense was taken, you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone just because they happen to hold a different opnion than you. I'm not a mom at all, I wanted children and tried, but unfortunately it did not work out for me. Had I been, I most definitely would not have been a time-out mom and totally agree that much of what is 'wrong' with kids today is lack of responsible parenting and discipline, which is not in any way to be compared to child abuse. Much of my work in the last 30 years has dealt in the area of psychiatry and a lot of it with kids just like this one. I clearly stated this was not a result of bad parenting, but good parenting does not guarantee a kid without mental issues either. It happens where families are raising their kids right, with discipline, guidance and love and parents wring their hands with guilt over what they did wrong. I'll admit some kids have behavioral disorders due to lack of parents with parenting skills, but something of this magnitude, this behavior so off the chart is a mental disorder. The fact that you and I and many others were raised where atrocities occurred in our childhood, got our butts spanked, and we turned out to be responsible human beings only proves that there's more to this issue than just parenting.

Gracie, I've agreed with many of your posts here, admired you for them, but you don't know me at all and I found your reply to be unnecessarily harsh and actually cruel with regard to the remarks about motherhood. I never understood when folks preface something with 'no offense' and then proceed to be most offensive. So, yes, offense was taken, on something so very personal to a woman and without knowlegde of, you should have refrained from commenting on.

I apologize lilbug. I really did not mean to offend you.
So many people take things so personal. Sheesh. I don't know anything about your motherhood or lack thereof. But nowadays, time outs and finger waggling while the kid is screeching, kicking, biting, throwing...that's the way they are reprimanded now. Becasue if the parent swats the kid, the parent goes to jail. I'm probably older than you. I have a different set of rules I applied. My kid and my step kids NEVER had tantrums, never were rude in a store, never kicked someone's seat, never abused animals. All they needed was a look from me and they knew. No finger waggles here. My flat hand on their well jeaned bottoms DID in fact hurt me more than them. My hand ached....their pride ached.

You can call it a mental disorder all you like, and find cause to excuse it for the cop out of that word. I respect your decision to think that way although I don't agree with it. But I also don't take it personal that you think I'm some kind of monster that hates all mothers because your response could be construed as that.
See how that goes? Is it about clear now? I didn't take it personal what you said. I just took it as a differing of opinion. But now that you have said what you said, I guess I should be all angry and indignant, right? Is that how it goes from now on?

I'm sure Nancy Grace will be all over this one, pronouncing his guilt everywhere she can. Did the Casey Anthony trial teach us anything about innocent until "Proven" guilty? This will be another slam dunk case that goes awry, because the prosecuter will let Nancy Grace prosecute him in the media. Then when he does a shitty job, because he got lazy, and the kid gets off people will blame everyone but the prosecuter.

Forum List

Back