17 Reasons We Are Going Into 2nd Recession

How come these right wingers only use "wacko" extreme far right sites as their ONLY source of "knowledge"????

How come these leftwingers only use ad hominem attacks as their only form of reason?

lol, rdean, shut the hell up.

Naw...keep your reasons... Why don't you just go ahead on and start the "reccession" without me as there is no "we" between you and me.

It's funny, conservative (Austrian school) economists understand Keynes and where his limits and poor assumptions have relevance, but Keynesianists do not understand either Keynes nor their opposition in the Austrian school or Monetarists either. If they really understood Keynes they would realize that his model hasnt been implemented in decades. I wont even start on Distributism.

And they always seem so sure of themselves that they wont even bother with familiarization with those who disagree with them and the arguments they present.

I guess it must be comfortable to be so sure of ones self despite the evidence of reality kicking your ass for the last forty years.

Oh well, you can lead a jack ass to water, but you cant make them drink, I guess.

Last edited:

From a blog entitled "Economic Collapse?"
Yeah, I repped you for that one. Here are a few others that are fun:

Macro-economics of necessity has to be based on group selection assumptions. It is very hard to find than people outside of economics who believe that group selection and science have any overlap.

Despite size differences between the X and Y chromosomes and maternal only organelle and possibly protein inheritance, the assumption is that inheritance is 50/50 friom mom and dad. This is generally demonstrated with Avian examples. Birds use ZW sex selection so the hen chooses the sex.

Since I think it appropriate for a D to be in the White House when the blue states start to default I do hope Obama wins but I will keep voting LP whenever possible.

And reading about a theory of gravity on a page entitled 'Why Newton was right' would cause you pause as well?

If he thinks the evidence points to a conclusion, the title of any writing could reasonably be expected to reflect that conclusion, no?

There is no reason to be lieve he is advocating economic collapse, is there?

Besides that, what you just did was ad hominem attack on the source and ignored the reasoning given.

Is this what passes for rational analysis where you are from? or was it an attempt at humor? I always get confused by Neuro Typical humor, lol.

But dont worry Toro. Whenever the market dips its just another buying opportunity right? Because historically stocks have always gone up over time, you know in the broader picture, right? lololol

Last edited:

And reading about a theory of gravity on a page entitled 'Why Newton was right' would cause you pause as well?

If he thinks the evidence points to a conclusion, the title of any writing could reasonably be expected to reflect that conclusion, no?

There is no reason to be lieve he is advocating economic collapse, is there?

Besides that, what you just did was ad hominem attack on the source and ignored the reasoning given.

Is this what passes for rational analysis where you are from? or was it an attempt at humor? I always get confused by Neuro Typical humor, lol.

But dont worry Toro. Whenever the market dips its just another buying opportunity right? Because historically stocks have always gone up over time, you know in the broader picture, right? lololol

All the indicators I look at say we are slowing and may very well be heading into another recession. However, as long as I have been in this business, there have been purveyors of economic doom. These people are usually heavily emotionally invested in their narrative, and thus are tremendously biased in their objectivity. One who has titled his blog Economic Collapse is probably in that camp. That doesn't mean he's wrong of course. I think and have always thought the logical end game was a currency crisis, and that there is one more big whoosh down. But when someone quotes teen unemployment in DC to support their narrative - even if I agree with their narrative - I am highly skeptical of their objectivity and motives.

Last edited:
We've been in recession for the last 14 years. Longer if you count the bubble builds that took longer to burst.
The economy will never get going again the way it was before the federal reserve ran out of "inflation fighting ammo". What we're seeign is the absolute collapse of the fiat system globally. the sooner the better.

Of course controlling the amount of specie in circulation can and DOES effect economic activity.

Apparently most of you right wingers seem to think that is nonsense, but there isn't any macro-economist who would deny that obvious fact.

We've been in recession for the last 14 years. Longer if you count the bubble builds that took longer to burst.
The economy will never get going again the way it was before the federal reserve ran out of "inflation fighting ammo". What we're seeign is the absolute collapse of the fiat system globally. the sooner the better.

Wow, you know something the economists don't know. No economist has said we've been in recession for 14 years. That is astounding, given the low inflation, low unemployment, and GDP growth of the Bush years. I guess the definition of "recession" is "whatever the hell I want it to be because I'm a narco-libtard."

Of course controlling the amount of specie in circulation can and DOES effect economic activity.

Apparently most of you right wingers seem to think that is nonsense, but there isn't any macro-economist who would deny that obvious fact.

There is no specie in circulation. I guess that means there is no economic activity either.

Oh why did I click on that post to view?? I must be nuts.

Wow, you know something the economists don't know. No economist has said we've been in recession for 14 years. That is astounding, given the low inflation, low unemployment, and GDP growth of the Bush years. I guess the definition of "recession" is "whatever the hell I want it to be because I'm a narco-libtard."
Wrong this is the tinhat theory of how the Long Term Capital Management bailout caused the meltdown:

Bear Stearns as clearing broker said that they had more liability towards LTCM than the Fed was asking everyone to pony up and passed on the bailout.

Lehman Brothers went light cause they felt like it.

Now everybody put on your tinhat so you won't be swayed by the CIA mind control radiation. The nefarious people at the Fed and the Treasury bailed out Bear Stearns and put Lehman Brothers into bankruptcy in order to increase their power during the meltdown that followed.

You may now remove your tinhat and ask yourself why would even the village idiot make sure that his fingerprints were all over a major disaster? At least this conspiracy theory has some limited basis in fact.

Can't we just pass another Stimulus?
And to make sure we satisfy that world class economist Paul Krugman by spending more this time.
WE can allocate 1 trillion dollars for it.
Do we have that kind of money?...Of course not but the Libs want us to spend our way out of this so let's call this a good start.

Next pass a law that anyone who is working now quits or we have the government have them fired.
Then as Nancy Pelosi says have them collect unemployment for a minimum of 5 years because as Nancy says.We get a big bang for our buck paying out unemployment benefits.It puts $2.00 into the economy for every dollar spent.

This is just the start of Obama's second term.
Stick around folks it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Forum List

Back