16 year-old mauled to death in fenced-in backyard, no charges filed

All pitbulls were bred with the same DNA thing.They all have the potential indeed. Pitbull propaganda is fatal

Nothing like trying to fit your own biases into one neat little box.

Nothing like death by 3 pitbulls

What is wrong with you people?
Neighbor: 'You could hear the screaming' in deadly mauling of girl by pit bulls

So these dogs were allowed to run loose, had a history, and Detroit did nothing about it. The girl did not die because of the dogs. She died because of complete government incompetence.

Do you agree? I'm not sure that I do. It seems inconsistent.

So a 16 year-old climbs a fence to get into someone's back yard. He is attacked by three dogs and later dies from his wounds. From what I've read elsewhere, the owner won't be charged because the dogs were secured in his backyard.

Ok, I get that.

However, should jumping into someone's backyard be tantamount to a death sentence by mauling? In my view and experience, dogs that will attack like that should NOT be out loose, even in one's backyard. After all, what if the dog gets loose? What if a small child, somehow, gets into the yard with the dog(s)?

I guess I'm of the opinion that the owner should be charged. Now, if he had broken into the guy's home, that's a different story. How about you?

Police: Teen Killed After Gruesome Dog Attack

The teen learned his lesson. Dogs can be dangerous and an attack by a pack of dogs can put a real crimp in your day.

He should have planned his crime better.

No real crime to be charged. If it happened on a public street, or in a place the kid was allowed to be it should be second degree murder. Depraved indifference.

That said, if there were no warning signs, a wrongful death suit could result.

So a 16 year-old climbs a fence to get into someone's back yard. He is attacked by three dogs and later dies from his wounds. From what I've read elsewhere, the owner won't be charged because the dogs were secured in his backyard.

Ok, I get that.

However, should jumping into someone's backyard be tantamount to a death sentence by mauling? In my view and experience, dogs that will attack like that should NOT be out loose, even in one's backyard. After all, what if the dog gets loose? What if a small child, somehow, gets into the yard with the dog(s)?

I guess I'm of the opinion that the owner should be charged. Now, if he had broken into the guy's home, that's a different story. How about you?

You can not fix stupid I thought everyone knew that. It was their yard and it was secured. A person who has dog was not responsible for someone being stupid....Pretty straight law.

Ok, I get that.

So a dog owner should get into trouble even though a yard is properly fenced and the dogs get put down?

Forum List

Back