16-Year-Old Boy Arrested for Allegedly Rolling Joint With Bible Page

Maybe it's a variation on this theme.......

Student loses ruling over "Bong Hits 4 Jesus"
Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:04pm EDT

By James Vicini

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A divided Supreme Court on Monday curtailed free-speech rights for students, ruling against a teenager who unfurled a banner saying "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" because the message could be interpreted as promoting drug use.

In its first major decision on student free-speech rights in nearly 20 years, the high court's conservative majority ruled that a high school principal did not violate the student's rights by confiscating the banner and suspending him.

The decision marked a continuing shift to the right by the court since President George W. Bush appointed Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito. The court has issued a series of narrow 5-4 decisions on divisive social issues like abortion and the death penalty.

In another decision on Monday by the same 5-4 vote, the court ruled taxpayers cannot challenge Bush's use of government funds to finance social programs operated by religious groups.

"Both of these First Amendment cases reflect the clear right-wing trend of the Roberts court. Unmistakably. Both are clearly wrong," said Abner Greene, a Fordham University law professor.

In the school case, student Joseph Frederick said the banner's language was meant to be nonsensical and funny, a prank to get on television as the Winter Olympic torch relay passed by the school in January 2002 in Juneau, Alaska.

But school officials say the phrase "bong hits" refers to smoking marijuana. Principal Deborah Morse suspended Frederick for 10 days because she said the banner advocated or promoted illegal drug use in violation of school policy.

I wonder if these 2 gentlemen know each other? Hmmm..........bong hits for Jesus, and now someone is rolling joints with a Bible.

Think God is telling us to legalize cannabis?

If God didn't want man to smoke Cannabis, he wouldn't of created it in the first place. :eusa_whistle:

and made his book out of paper perfect for making joints out of.

Well it's not like it isn't obvious that most people (outside of the church) who invoke God or Jesus's name into politics don't even bother reading the bible anyway. So might as well get some use out of all those trees you destroyed. :lol:

If God didn't want man to smoke Cannabis, he wouldn't of created it in the first place. :eusa_whistle:

Yep. And remember, when Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, God told them "if it grows out of the ground, you may partake of it".

He also reiterated that statement to Moses on Sinai.

Additionally, Harvard Medical, and British Medical Society have both confirmed that cannabis is tailor made for the human brain.

It also cleans out the plaque in your brain between your synapses that causes Alzheimer's disease.

It helps with nausea caused by chemo, helps with glaucoma, etc.

With all that being said, why is it that plants are STILL illegal?

Oh yeah.......I remember now.......it was that greedy racist prick named Henry P. Anslinger who wanted a "legal" way to go after blacks and Hispanics, which is why cannabis was made illegal in the first place.

There were also the payoffs by DuPont and that one publishing dude.

Shit...........when Nixon commissioned a study on cannabis called the Laguardia Report, know what he did with it? Threw it in the trash because it spoke favorably about cannabis.

LEGALIZE ALL PLANTS!

Good on mom for calling the cops.

:eek:WTF.........

it's called tough love harry.. or nip it in the bud. she can do something with a ten year old,, not so easy with a 16 year old, I'd beat his ass just before the cops got there.

There is something seriously wrong in a family #1, where a 10 y.o. is smoking weed, and #2, where a woman will throw a 10 y.o. to the cops. It will not make things better, it will make things worse.

i found this on religion and hemp/cannabis ...

Rastafari movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Rastafari movement is a monotheistic, Abrahamic, new religious movement[1] that accepts Haile Selassie I, the former, and final, Emperor of Ethiopia, as the incarnation of Jesus Christ, called Jah[2] or Jah Rastafari. Within the Rastafarai movement Haile Selassie was considered the physical body through which the Power of the Trinity exhibits its power here on earth.

Spiritual use of cannabis,[3][4] rejection of western society (called Babylon, which literally means "confusion"), and various Afrocentric social and political aspirations,[3][5] such as the sociopolitical views and teachings of Jamaican publicist, organizer, and black separatist Marcus Garvey (also often regarded as a prophet), inspired Leonard Howell to develop the foundations of this world view. Haile Selassie however, was in favor of a Westernized Ethiopia, introducing the first hospital and airport to his people. The Rastafari movement predominantly emerged in Jamaica in the 20th century, and it proclaims Africa (also "Zion") as the original place where the body of the first man was found.

The name Rastafari is a portmanteau of "Ras" (literally "Head," an Ethiopian title equivalent to Duke and which was the pre-regnal title of Haile Selassie), and the first name of Selassie's pre-regnal given name, Tafari Makonnen. The movement is commonly referred to as "Rastafarianism", but this term is considered derogatory and offensive by some Rastas.[6]

and made his book out of paper perfect for making joints out of.

Well it's not like it isn't obvious that most people (outside of the church) who invoke God or Jesus's name into politics don't even bother reading the bible anyway. So might as well get some use out of all those trees you destroyed. :lol:
personally I think it is un christian like not smoking weed.:razz:

it's called tough love harry.. or nip it in the bud. she can do something with a ten year old,, not so easy with a 16 year old, I'd beat his ass just before the cops got there.

There is something seriously wrong in a family #1, where a 10 y.o. is smoking weed, and #2, where a woman will throw a 10 y.o. to the cops. It will not make things better, it will make things worse.

But but but havent you seen the commercials? If your child is smoking pot him will go driving and kill people or shoot his best friend!!! I mean a parent shouldnt have to deal with their unruly child by themselves, NO!, they should rely on the as much as possible on the state to punish them...

And WillowTree I know it'll get your rocks off but beating up the kid will not get him to quit smoking pot.

Damn its been way to long since Ive smoked. I cannot wait until pot is one day decriminalized and then one day outright legalized...

But but but havent you seen the commercials? If your child is smoking pot him will go driving and kill people or shoot his best friend!!! I mean a parent shouldnt have to deal with their unruly child by themselves, NO!, they should rely on the as much as possible on the state to punish them...

And WillowTree I know it'll get your rocks off but beating up the kid will not get him to quit smoking pot.

Damn its been way to long since Ive smoked. I cannot wait until pot is one day decriminalized and then one day outright legalized...

You know, it's because of that douchebag named Henry P. Anslinger and his Hollyweird scare tactics that gives people the current idea that cannabis is a gateway drug, it makes you violent, you lose all ambition (now......how can you lose ambition and be violent?), etc. etc. etc.........

You want scientific and medical information on how cannabis REALLY affects the body? Check the Laguardia Report (commissioned by Nixon in the 70's), which, after it was revealed to have a favorable outlook on cannabis, was THROWN AWAY by Nixon, because he didn't want to legalize it.

Want information on how the government has lied to us since 1939? Watch the movie "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson. It's got a lot of good information.

Want current information on cannabis? Check Harvard Medical and The Royal British Medical Society. They will also tell you that it has no harmful effects on the body.

Oh yeah......it's also impossible to get addicted to.

Additionally, Harvard Medical, and British Medical Society have both confirmed that cannabis is tailor made for the human brain.

It also cleans out the plaque in your brain between your synapses that causes Alzheimer's disease.

ABS.....could you elaborate on this or show a link....i could not find any.....interesting if true....

ABS.....could you elaborate on this or show a link....i could not find any.....interesting if true....

Here ya go. I copied the summary conclusion for you, but, if you want, you can read the whole article (it's from a reliable source). Of particular interest is the part where it states that it can actually protect the brain and enhance it. Recently (after this article), they've been investigating into Alzheimer's research.

Conclusion

The above described research concerning the endocannabinoid-system is of importance in both basic science and in therapeutics:

* The discovery of the cannabis plant active constituent has helped advance our understanding of cannabis use and its effects.
* The discovery of the endocannabinoids has been of central importance in establishing the existence of a new biochemical system and its physiological roles -- in particular in neuroprotection.
* These discoveries have opened the door for the development of novel types of drugs, such as THC for the treatment of nausea and for enhancing appetite in cachectic patients.
* The endocannabinoid system is involved in the protective reaction of the mammalian body to a long list of neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease which raises hope for novel therapeutic opportunities for these diseases.

Cannabis Use, Effect And Potential Therapy For Alzheimer's, MS and Parkinson's

Good on mom for calling the cops.

i call it a 16 year old smoking a joint.....i can understand if he was shooting up,snorting Coke or speed...doing crack...drinking till you pass out.....not smoking a dube...Mommy over reacted....

Here ya go. I copied the summary conclusion for you, but, if you want, you can read the whole article (it's from a reliable source). Of particular interest is the part where it states that it can actually protect the brain and enhance it. Recently (after this article), they've been investigating into Alzheimer's research.

Conclusion

The above described research concerning the endocannabinoid-system is of importance in both basic science and in therapeutics:

* The discovery of the cannabis plant active constituent has helped advance our understanding of cannabis use and its effects.
* The discovery of the endocannabinoids has been of central importance in establishing the existence of a new biochemical system and its physiological roles -- in particular in neuroprotection.
* These discoveries have opened the door for the development of novel types of drugs, such as THC for the treatment of nausea and for enhancing appetite in cachectic patients.
* The endocannabinoid system is involved in the protective reaction of the mammalian body to a long list of neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease which raises hope for novel therapeutic opportunities for these diseases.

Cannabis Use, Effect And Potential Therapy For Alzheimer's, MS and Parkinson's
I have read about this, very interesting. When I used to take care of dementia patients I always said they should smoke pot. It for one would help their appetite, from what I saw many would just become depressed and stop eating. I had to weight people often and give them weight gaining shakes. Imagine if they smoked a joint before meal times?

You know........with all the research that we've got showing how beneficial cannabis is, I'm wondering why it's not legal yet!

Oh wait.........forgot..........racism against Hispanics and Blacks.

Forum List

Back