159 Mph

Fook, 159 is hella fast. I've taken mine up to about 125mph (on a rural road)....I was afraid to take it up any further than that.

theHawk said:
Fook, 159 is hella fast. I've taken mine up to about 125mph (on a rural road)....I was afraid to take it up any further than that.

I had my bike to 156 (top speed -twas a 'little' 636cc bike), my car to about a buck twenty - 184mph on a dyno. :)

Speeding in itself isn't dangerous. But, if there's a posted speed limit, and you get busted for obliterating it, suck it up, and deal with the consequences.

Test run? Uh huh. That's like "I wanted to see how fast the car could go."

Not surprising that a Vauxhall could get that fast. Vauxhall is kind of like the British version of a Ford or Honda, mid-level --- a regular ol' car. But in Europe and the UK, they build 'em so they don't rattle at high speed like shoddier jobs, so you don't really notice the speed as much.

The ClayTaurus said:

This guy thought that 1 million dollars gave him the ability to keep his Enzo in one piece at 162 mph on the Pacific Coast Highway. . .too bad that the road level changed a bit which turned the car into a very poor handling aircraft that kissed a telephone pole and became a million dollar pile of junk......hehehe ...DUMB ASS! Speed can make an idiot out of you very quickly, especially on uncontrolled highways.

The last time I broke 105 mph was when I was 17 and invincible. It was in a late 70's Lincoln Continental and addled brained teen that I was, the argument that 'if you go faster, the gas will last longer' made sense. I still remember that with each twitch of my finger, the car 'overreacted' regarding steering.

Why the 12 of us stuffed in the car didn't come to harm's way is God's to explain.

I'm not a 'slow' driver now, by any measurement, but over 90? No way.

Forum List

Back