157 die in plane crash

Boeing’s fastest-ever selling aircraft is set to draw fresh scrutiny from officials after an Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX jet crashed shortly after takeoff on Sunday, killing everyone on board. It is the second deadly crash for the plane in less than five months.

Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 crashed in a rural area southeast of Addis Ababa, killing all 149 passengers and eight crew members on board. The aircraft left the Ethiopian capital at 8:38 a.m. local time in clear weather and lost contact six minutes later, the airline said. Victims included citizens of over a dozen countries, including Kenya, Canada, the United States, Great Britain, China and Italy.

Boeing’s fastest-ever selling aircraft is set to draw fresh scrutiny from officials after an Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX jet crashed shortly after takeoff on Sunday, killing everyone on board. It is the second deadly crash for the plane in less than five months.

Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 crashed in a rural area southeast of Addis Ababa, killing all 149 passengers and eight crew members on board. The aircraft left the Ethiopian capital at 8:38 a.m. local time in clear weather and lost contact six minutes later, the airline said. Victims included citizens of over a dozen countries, including Kenya, Canada, the United States, Great Britain, China and Italy.

Boeing's top-selling plane is set for new scrutiny after second deadly crash in 5 months

Here are some more links.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/10/ethio...eing-737-8-max-plane-catastrophe-in-5-months/

I was on an accident team for a major aerospace company for years. 99.8% probability it’s pilot or mechanic at fault.

Boeing's top-selling plane is set for new scrutiny after second deadly crash in 5 months

Here are some more links.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/10/ethio...eing-737-8-max-plane-catastrophe-in-5-months/

I was on an accident team for a major aerospace company for years. 99.8% probability it’s pilot or mechanic at fault.

No investigation necessary!!! Roger that bud.

Despite the infrequency, and the overall safety of flying, of tragedies like this they are always shocking.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens at Boeing. This is the second 737-8 Max to go down since October. EA just took delivery of this plane in November.
The plane was new apparently.

NB Not sure why this thread was moved. 8 Americans died in this tragedy,
---------------------------------------- also 19 'un' employees eh Tommy .

Isn’t this the Aircraft that doesn’t actually have “wires” in it and rather uses something like Bluetooth to communicate with control boxes that move aelerons, flaps and rudders?

In other words ther is no way to manually control the craft or “fly by wire”.

Can someone confirm that? Maybe these are acts of terrorism and the controls are being hacked.
737 has more planes flying than any aircraft in history. If sabatoge were possible they wouldn’t target 3rd world airlines.
Thank you but is the lack of backup 'fly by wire' control issue true?

Lastly, don't terrorists usually test out new techniques in 3rd world countries first?

Trump: 'Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly'

"Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly," Trump tweeted. "Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better.

"Split second decisions are needed, and the complexity creates danger," he continued. "All of this for great cost yet very little gain. I don't know about you, but I don't want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!"

Once again this fool has no idea what he’s talking about. How could people be so stupid to vote for such an ignoramus?

And who could be so stupid they would vote for him a second time after knowing how ignorant he is?

Forum List

Back