151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

NOBODY voted in 1865 Tennessee -- it was disenfranchised by the War.
Oh, I see! They were Republicans but DIDN'T vote for Lincoln, because with the war going on they couldn't get to any polls that would take them. Being Republicans, they WOULD have voted for Lincoln... they just couldn't, prevented by the war! That straightens it all out!

(Notice how poor little pogo twists and bends himself and his stories into ever more bizarre shapes, trying to maintain his fictions in the face of persistent facts that make his conclusions impossible.)

Of course, the Ku Klux Klan after the civil war was made up almost entirely of Democrats, not Republicans. Poor little pogo hates that fact, so keeps spinning his fantasies and lies to desperately pretend otherwise.

But the fact is that Democrats have a VERY long history of persecuting blacks and other minorities, from Ku Klux Klan lynchings to Jim Crow laws in the South to Bull Connor (D-AL) blasting them with fire hoses for being uppity and holding peaceful marches to Gov. George Wallace (D-AL) standing at the entrance to high schools to keep black students out while reciting "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever!" until Republicans sent in the National Guard to stop his hatred, to today's Democrats who keep writing legislation to favor blacks above whites on the theory that blacks can't make it without their govt overseers while whites need no such help.

Democrats have been vile creatures with dreadful histories of hate and abuse of blacks and zero honesty and integrity, literally for hundreds of years. And we have seen plentiful evidence that none of that has changed, even as recently as in their reaction to losing the Nov. 2016 elections. Of course, they insist that everyone else is lying, not them.

I don't blame poor little pogo for trying so hard to conceal and cover up the truth while spreading his lies. He apparently can't bear the idea that America has rejected the last 8 years of his agenda. But all his wishful thinking won't change what happened, or how. The Democrats' time is up, and they no longer have any platform for implementing their unworkable agenda.

The sooner the whining Democrat crybabies wake up and realize that they lost, and that losing the election has consequences they may not like, the sooner they will (hopefully) give up their lies, hatred, bile, and chronic vilification. But for some, such as poor little pogo, that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Oh, I see! They were Republicans but DIDN'T vote for Lincoln, because with the war going on they couldn't get to any polls that would take them. Being Republicans, they WOULD have voted for Lincoln... they just couldn't, prevented by the war! That straightens it all out!

Uh ---- no Sprinkles you don't see. First of all it's doubtful any of them were even old enough to vote in 1860. I could look up their exact ages but you're not worth the time.

Second, Lincoln wasn't on a ballot in Tennessee anyway. The Republican Party was all of six years old. It didn't establish in the South at all before the Civil War, it concentrated its resources in the North and Midwest where it reasoned (correctly) that's where its support would be. Frémont wasn't on a ballot in the South either.

And third, as I just laid out for the literate, Tennessee didn't vote Democrat in 1860 anyway. NONE of the South did. That's because the South, just as it would 88 years later, rejected the party and ran their own guy. Douglas carried a total of one state, and that was Missouri. He came in fourth in the national vote. And when he was defeated he called for and worked for the country to unite behind the new President Lincoln.

And fourthly, and I guess I forgot to re-remind you as I did the other moron, NOT EVERY HUMAN BEING IS FUCKING REQUIRED TO JOIN A POLITICAL PARTY JUST TO SAVE YOU THE AGONY OF THINKING 150 YEARS LATER WHEN YOU GO TO EMBARRASS YOURSELF ON A MESSAGE BOARD. NOR I might add is everything that happens on this earth the result of what some fucking political party did.

DUMB FUCKING SHIT.

Of course, the Ku Klux Klan after the civil war was made up almost entirely of Democrats, not Republicans. Poor little pogo hates that fact, so keeps spinning his fantasies and lies to desperately pretend otherwise.

Your title here is "Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan". Now you're trying to weasel out into a demographic study of the Southern population. Which is typical for a loser who's losing.

White Southerners who had a political party were usually Democrats from the end of the War to 99 years later. Just as Indianans and Maineiacs were just as solidly Republicans. And those two states had the biggest Klan memberships. Which proves what?

Here, lemme quote a PhD historian on this exact point for your wangly ass ---

"Lifting the Klan mask revealed a chaotic multitude of antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled poor white farmers, wartime guerrilla bands, displaced Democratic politicians, illegal whiskey distillers, coercive moral reformers, bored young men, sadists, rapists, white workmen fearful of black competition, employers trying to enforce labor discipline, common thieves, neighbors with decades-old grudges, and even a few freedmen and white Republicans who allied with Democratic whites or had criminal agendas of their own." --- Elaine Frantz Parsons, "Ku-Klux: The Birth of the Klan in the Reconstruction-Era United States" -- page 816

What an idiot you are ... I just posted Alveda's retraction....

You must be Pogo the Bozo's asshole buddy, talk about idiots...

No link, No proof, No wonder you can't escape your mothers basement...
Just how retarded are you, not to mention, stuck with your own homo-erotic fantasies.

Moron .... the link to her quote is in my post. You really shouldn't need to be told that.

1233796371590.gif

But Old Man Fibber....
He just keeps diggin' down .... deeeeep

:dig:

To be clear, you're claiming that Dr. Alveda King is lying?

To be clear I'm claiming that *YOU'RE* lying. Only a dishonest partisan HACK would cut the link out and then go "duh where is it"?

I can't help noticing that the older video of Alveda King is posted on YouTube October 14 2013 ---- exactly ONE DAY --- count 'em, (1) --- after the retraction/correction by Alveda King that I linked................ and that that video has its comments DISABLED so that nobody can correct the obvious lie --- in a puerile attempt to rewrite the history books through YouFuckingTube.

Fucking liars. I don't know how the fuck they sleep at night.

Or could it be....

The video is accurate and the quote is BS???

If this is true (the video is clearly her) then all of your links would be false, can you live with that?

I could careless, but at the moment you're links are pretty weak...

The video is old DUMBASS. You can see that by the quality. And that doesn't even matter because I've got Alveda King QUOTED correcting what she said. I've also got Martin Luther King Jr. HIMSELF correcting it IN HIS OWN FUCKING WORDS.

Exactly how pissheaded arrogant do you have to be to contradict a dead man's own words and maintain that he was wrong about HIMFUCKINGSELF?

Directly on the actual topiic here, from the other contemporary thread, for the morons because I feel sorry for y'all....

CONTEXT is always crucial.

It's all too easy to go "oh well the South had slaves and that made 'em racists and then they seceded and when they lost they started the Klan", which completely ignores myriad mitigating dynamics in play.

The Klan didn't begin -- or restart --- out of some vacuum and just spring to life out of thin air, nor out of a political party. Its legacy was born of social forces brewing for decades, even centuries. While the original Klan was simply a private innocuous social club, it was soon taken over by pre-existing elements including Slave Patrols, which had been around for a century and a half, long before either a country or political parties existed. These, along with the idea of dressing up in sheets to imitate ghosts to scare slaves, were integrated by the local groups into the Klan's activities and became part of its signature, but the practices themselves where already long established.

In the four decades in between the original Klan and the 1915 reborn one, there were not only rampant lynchings going on all over the country, North and South, but there was a simmering xenophobia, racism and religious bigotry pervading the country and spurring other bigot groups not associated with the Klan but employing similar practices, such as the American Protective Association (1887-1914, which targeted Catholics and was based in Iowa) and the White Caps of Indiana (1888-1906), foreshadowing the massive inroads made in that state in the 1920s by D.C. Stephenson who briefly attained control of the state's entire political structure. The White Caps' targets expanded from blacks Hispanics and Jews to "the poor whites and ne'er-do-wells of the American countryside", "loose women" and "drunken, shiftless and wife-beating whites". All of which was a precursor to, and laid the groundwork for, the Klan's taking up the same causes in the same places after those groups were gone.

Then looking back in the other historical direction there was the Know Nothing political party, nativists who were staunchly and often violently opposed to the influx of immigrants, especially central Europeans and/or Catholics, which famously incited a major riot in Louisville in 1855 and which was augmented by ingredients such as the secret-society "Order of the Star Spangled Banner" (1849). All of this already going on before the Civil War, and well beyond the South, and all of it foreshadowing the similar activities of the Klan.

The high school textbooks of course conveniently "forget" to go into detail about all this strife and racial/ethnic/religious tension, but it's in our historical DNA. The Klan didn't start from nothing; its demise didn't take the sentiment with it; and it didn't re-start from nothing. There were always undercurrents, if one only chooses to look for them, that birthed and continued the Klan.

Context, before, after and during. Crucial.

151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

It's OK. Just like White Conservatives, the Aryan Nation, followers of Ayn Rand, the US Nazi Party and the Alt right, they ALL found a good home in today's Confederate Republican Party. That simply can't be denied.

93240075.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016-08-11_at_9.04.58_PM.png

How come Republicans are pretending the very center of their party are Democrats. It's so very weird. Aren't they proud of the people they attract? I don't get it.

Just how retarded are you, not to mention, stuck with your own homo-erotic fantasies.

Moron .... the link to her quote is in my post. You really shouldn't need to be told that.

1233796371590.gif

Now Newsmax is a credible source?

1233796371590.gif

Now Newsmax is a credible source?
Why would a conservative doubt a conservative source?

You don't like conservative sites? How about Alveda's own blog...?

Put the Political Strife Out to Pasture « Dr. Alveda King's Blog Articles on Pro Life & Anti Abortion – Abortion Laws & News

It's hilarious the contortions democrats will go through to try and avoid responsibility. Of course, avoiding responsibility is one of the defining characteristics of democrats, and leftists in general.

Democrats are responsible for the passage of the three most significant Civil Rights Bills in the last 100 years- we gladly accept that responsibility.

Democrats proposed, pushed through, and voted in the majority for, and signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Democrats proposed, pushed through Congress, voted in a majority for and signed the Voting Rights Act.

Democrats proposed, pushed through Congress, voted in a majority for and signed the 1968 Civil Rights Act.

Republicans nominated for President the man who voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Republicans elected Ronald Reagan- who opposed all three Civil Rights acts.
Republicans elected George Bush- who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

What we are seeing from you- is the typical Right Wing nut attempt to re-write history.

And that brings us back to the words of Martin Luther King Jr.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right.
Good words.

NOBODY voted in 1865 Tennessee -- it was disenfranchised by the War.
Notice how poor little pogo twists and bends himself and his stories into ever more bizarre shapes, trying to maintain his fictions in the face of persistent facts that make his conclusions impossible.

Martin Luther King Jr. said that the GOP is the party of the KKK.

And it sounds like he is describing your exactly:

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade

While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand

Sounds like he is describing Acorn.

Forum List

Back