150 Years Ago Today… Republicans Freed the Slaves

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
by Jim Hoft
January 1, 2013

Another Great moment in Republican Party History. On this day in 1863 Republicans freed the slaves.

Republicans rejoiced. Democrats cursed. Grand Old Partisan reported:

On New Year’s Day in 1863, the Republican Party’s Emancipation Proclamation came into effect. While Republicans rejoiced, Democrat politicians and newspapers denounced President Abraham Lincoln (R-IL) for freeing slaves. Demonstrating their depravity, New York’s Gov. Horatio Seymour, who would be the 1868 Democrat presidential nominee, denounced the Emancipation Proclamation.

Read more:
150 Years Ago Today… Republicans Freed the Slaves | The Gateway Pundit

Today Maobama, the Senate and Congress enslaved all Americans.

by Jim Hoft
January 1, 2013

Another Great moment in Republican Party History. On this day in 1863 Republicans freed the slaves.

Republicans rejoiced. Democrats cursed. Grand Old Partisan reported:

On New Year’s Day in 1863, the Republican Party’s Emancipation Proclamation came into effect. While Republicans rejoiced, Democrat politicians and newspapers denounced President Abraham Lincoln (R-IL) for freeing slaves. Demonstrating their depravity, New York’s Gov. Horatio Seymour, who would be the 1868 Democrat presidential nominee, denounced the Emancipation Proclamation.

Read more:
150 Years Ago Today… Republicans Freed the Slaves | The Gateway Pundit

Today Maobama, the Seanate and Congress enslaved all Americans.

What slaves were freed due to the emancipation proclamation? 0 in the boarder states and 0 in the slave states.

• Banned
Democrats quickly managed to get those freed slaves descendants back into slavery.

There are alot more people than them in chains.

Go on. I think I see where this is going, and if it is going in that direction, I am happy to squash it!

Just look at the Welfare state Maobama is creating. Today more than 150 million Americans are either on welfare, Food stamps or working for the Federal gov't. There are 189million Americans paying for all of it. That's including the "rich". There are at least 68 million Americans that should be working along with that 189 million to make America successful again. Maobama is not letting that happen. He's extending the 99 weeks of unemployment another 26 weeks.

Slavery in the form of share cropping continued until Lyndon Johnson signed the civil rights laws of the mid 1960's.......100 years after Lincoln put something on paper.

Anyone who thinks slavery ended in the mid 1860's don't read much or didn't live in the southern U S during the 1940's and 1950's. Can you say Ku Klux Klan? A Christian organization by the way.

Paper freedom to blacks meant mass confusion all over the nation. It took nearly 100 years for the southern farmers to give an inch. The only thing that changed after the civil war was Blacks couldn't ride in the front of the bus. Ask Medgar Evers or Martin Luther King. Oh I forgot......you can't do that.

Last edited:
Slavery in the form of share cropping continued until Lyndon Johnson signed the civil rights laws of the mid 1960's.......100 years after Lincoln put something on paper.

Anyone who thinks slavery ended in the mid 1860's don't read much or didn't live in the southern U S during the 1940's and 1950's.

Paper freedom to blacks meant mass confusion all over the nation. It took nearly 100 years for the southern farmers to give an inch. The only thing that changed after the civil war was Blacks couldn't ride in the front of the bus. Ask Medgar Evers or Martin Luther King. Oh I forgot......you can't do that.

Nah, FDR starved all of the sharecroppers to death (Both White and Black) with the Agriculture Adjustment Act (Paying the land owners not to grow crops to stimulate the price of food). After that there was virtually no sharecropping and by the 1950's corporations took most of the agricultural market share as they were the only ones in the 40's who had access to FDR's government regulators. Yet another big government liberal policy that achieved the exact opposite of its intent. Ladies and Gentlemen of the left, I give you your hero, FDR (applause).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09Hry-fbtQ&feature=player_embedded]Sharecroppers and the Agricultural Adjustment Act - YouTube[/ame]

I'll be they didn't teach you that in school did they?

Last edited:

Anyone who thinks slavery ended in the mid 1860's don't read much or didn't live in the southern U S during the 1940's and 1950's.

Nah, FDR starved all of the sharecroppers to death (Both White and Black) with the Agriculture Adjustment Act. After that there was virtually no sharecropping and by the 1950's corporations took most of the agricultural market share as they were the only ones in the 40's who had access to FDR's government regulators. Yet another big government liberal policy that achieved the exact opposite of its intent. Ladies and Gentlemen of the left, I give you your hero, FDR (applause).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09Hry-fbtQ&feature=player_embedded]Sharecroppers and the Agricultural Adjustment Act - YouTube[/ame]

Eleanor Roosevelt did more for the Blacks in America than any other key figure of that time.

In the 40's and 50's my maternal grand parents owned a quarter section and farmed it with Black sharecroppers named Autry. They lived in a two room shack on the place, farmed the 160 acres and got 1/3 of the net profits......just about enough for a sophisticated starving. You forget that I'm 78 years old and didn't have to look something up on the Internet. I was there.

If a Black even showed up in town on election day much less try to vote they were beaten and locked up. When I hired in at the nuclear facilities in Oak Ridge, TN in 1952 there were separate drinking fountains, rest rooms and change houses. Roosevelt wasn't the president then. Blacks lived on the other side of the railroad tracks in every small town in the south. Riding up front on a bus was out of the question. They didn't even try. The southern bible thumpers claimed that Blacks were the offspring of monkeys and didn't have a soul.

When I graduated from high school there were four students from the Black village in our town who had to ride a bus 25 miles to a nearby town which had a Black high school. When we had our 58th HS class reunion the committee looked them up. Two of them were dead. You have no idea.

Last edited:

Nah, FDR starved all of the sharecroppers to death (Both White and Black) with the Agriculture Adjustment Act (Paying the land owners not to grow crops to stimulate the price of food). After that there was virtually no sharecropping and by the 1950's corporations took most of the agricultural market share as they were the only ones in the 40's who had access to FDR's government regulators. Yet another big government liberal policy that achieved the exact opposite of its intent. Ladies and Gentlemen of the left, I give you your hero, FDR (applause).

FDR was a hero.

He beat Tojo and Hitler.

Something no conservative would ever be able to do.

Can anyone name a conservative President that won a real war? I mean one that was against a power that was really going to destroy this country.

FDR was a hero.

He beat Tojo and Hitler.

Can anyone name a conservative President that won a real war? I mean one that was against a power that was really going to destroy this country.

Sadly, FDR cost us thousands of lives by his apathy in dealing with Japan/Germany. Someday, the same will be said of Obama.

FDR was a hero.

He beat Tojo and Hitler.

Funny, considering Truman was President when we beat both Tojo and Hitler.

Bush told Bin Laden he could run but he couldn't hide. But apparently he could because Bush couldn't find him. Obama did in two years what Bush couldn't accomplish in two full terms: he took out Bin Laden.

I know Reagan gets all the credit for the military build-up in the 1980's but it was actually Jimmy Carter who approved the development of the smart weapons that won the Gulf War and the Iraqi war.

And under the heading "Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are condemned to repeat them": What was W doing invading Afghanistan? Because of its location, Afghanistan has been invaded by every conquering army in the world, from Alexander the Great to the Communist Russians and everyone in between - the Brits, the Mongols, Attila the Hun. Afghanistan has been captured, it has been held for long stretches, but never really conquered. Even the Russians couldn't do it.

Did this deter W? No it did not. And when the US leaves this year, it won't have conquered the Afghanis either. What a big waste of money!

The right wingers whining about all of the money wasted on W's wars? No, it's Obamacare that has them all in a tizzy. Something that will benefit every person in the United States. That's the horrible evile waste of money. Not W's wars, not the insane military spending. Obamacare!!!!

Sharecroppers and the Agricultural Adjustment Act - YouTube

FDR was a hero.

He beat Tojo and Hitler.

Sadly, FDR cost us thousands of lives by his apathy in dealing with Japan/Germany. Someday, the same will be said of Obama.

Bullshit.

Forum List

Back