150 Rounds thru the Colt .45 auto Today

Right on freaking target!
Damn fun.
Great time at the range today.
Freaking place was packed.
Good to see so many Americans arming themselves. Great people. True Americans.

Very cool. Glad you had a good time.

Two of my 1911's, an Ed Brown and a Nighthawk Custom. The former, along with the Ruger .22, I use for Bullseye competitions. The Nighthawk Custom (hard chrome finish) for IPSC single stack competition.

2007_1221Charliespics0238.jpg

The .45 handgun design is still unsurpassed today. I carried one as a radio operator in the Marines. My theory of why the Military got rid of the .45 is that the .45 is a mans gun and the girls couldn't even hold one up much less handle the recoil.

Small arms dumbass

GOOD LUCK !
and meet the goverment!​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeyU0FSTaIU]UAV DRONE PREDATOR FIRING HELLFIRE MISSILES - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The .45 handgun design is still unsurpassed today. I carried one as a radio operator in the Marines. My theory of why the Military got rid of the .45 is that the .45 is a mans gun and the girls couldn't even hold one up much less handle the recoil.
That hadn't occurred to me but it does make sense. Still, I'm inclined to believe Military Industrial Complex influence over the Congress was the prime mover in that highly counterproductive transition.

Actually the 9mm luger round became NATO standard. the .45 ammo was/is more expensive heavier and a 9mm could hold twice the rounds in the same sized mag.
Forget that 9mm's just piss people off while.45's generally at least knock them off their feet temporarily.

Actually the 9mm luger round became NATO standard. the .45 ammo was/is more expensive heavier and a 9mm could hold twice the rounds in the same sized mag.
Forget that 9mm's just piss people off while.45's generally at least knock them off their feet temporarily.

The 9mm has more penetration then the .45acp but of course lacks the brutal impact of the larger round. The reasoning behind the change was NATO standardization and the smaller size and weight of the 9mm ammunition. The Beretta M9 is a very good sidearm but as a civilian I now have a choice and I do not own one. I do own and shoot a 1911 that is chambered for .45acp.

Last edited:
One of my favorites:

CZ 52

1287752437.jpg

7.62x25, muzzle volocity between 1300-1500 fps.

Built like a tank, bomb proof, easy to maintain, inexpensive with inexpensive ammo.

I haven't yet been able to acclimate myself to the polymer (glock type) grip angle...that CZ looks equally divergent from the 1911.

My wifes gun is a Ruger SR9c, and it feels so absolutely alien in my hand that she has no fear whatsoever that I have the least inclination to appropriate it...I've never even bothered to try it out.

Last edited:
Damn. I paid better tha $900 for mine back when... Of course that was in California...

Auto Ordnance Parkerized 1911 by Kahr Arms.

$507 shipped from Bud's.

Auto Ordnance 1911A1 WWII .45 Parkerized $507.00 SHIPS FREE

Not a Colt, but still...

Well if you're going with something other than colt Rock Island armory 1911 429.00 at firepower INC Charlotte.

I really like that Parkerized model...It just looks and feels more like the one I trained with.

If I ever get around to buying one, this will probably be it.

As far as I know, colt doesn't produce a 1911 parkerized from the factory...and blued just doesn't look right.

One of my favorites:

CZ 52

1287752437.jpg

Built like a tank, bomb proof, easy to maintain, inexpensive with inexpensive ammo.

I haven't yet been able to acclimate myself to the polymer (glock type) grip angle...that CZ looks equally divergent from the 1911.

My wifes gun is a Ruger SR9c, and it feels so absolutely alien in my hand that she has no fear whatsoever that I have the least inclination to appropriate it...I've never even bothered to try it out.
i've shot a few of those CZ 52',s the one thing i remember about them was a very stiff trigger pull

One of my favorites:

CZ 52

1287752437.jpg

My wife also carries the SR9. When I shot it I was really surprised at it's accuracy right out of the box.

Last edited:
One of my favorites:

CZ 52

1287752437.jpg

Like you I hate the Glock ergonomics, like holding on to a 4x4. The 52 is sleek and some have describe it as holding a mouse trap nailed to a 2x4 but I have no problems with it. Spoon mentioned the trigger pull, I think the one I bought had been "refurbished". The trigger pull was easy so the main spring may have been replaced.
A couple of drawbacks to using it for PP is the weight and the mag release location. Also you would want to use soft point rounds, the standard FMJ rounds will penetrate class II body armor so you would have to be aware of what's behind your target as well as what's behind that.
I love my CZ 82 even though it fires only a Mac 9 round, my sight re-aquisition is 100 times faster than with a heavy round and anyone who has ever been under fire knows how difficult it is to hit a target when that target is trying to hit you.

Forum List

Back