150 Rounds thru the Colt .45 auto Today

People talk about the 9mm and how ergonomic it's supposed to be and how it holds more rounds.

I think they feel kind of awkward to hold with minimal stopping power compared o a .45

Whereas, the 1911 feels like a perfect extension for your hand and the stopping power is second to none.

I've had the pleasure of firing one on my father-in-law's estate. It's a truly formidable warhorse. Why the U.S. military adopted the 9mm I'll never know. Some Congressmen must've had stock in Beretta, because the 1911 had plenty of life left in it before it was retired.

I've had the pleasure of firing one on my father-in-law's estate. It's a truly formidable warhorse. Why the U.S. military adopted the 9mm I'll never know. Some Congressmen must've had stock in Beretta, because the 1911 had plenty of life left in it before it was retired.

Agree - an awesome weapon. Still is. I love this thing.

In my opinion, it was part of the PC liberal social engineering for the U.S. military.

Most women and gays wouldn't able to handle and shoot a .45 effectively.

So it was replaced with a metrosexual weapon.......... :cool:

Roughly $650 now

Damn. I paid better tha $900 for mine back when... Of course that was in California...

Consider yourself lucky that you still have the option of buying one. I don't, and I'd face five years in prison for obtaining one.
My wife, who is Japanese, helps kids come over to the States and go to school, H.S. through University and sometimes Graduate School.

Anyway, when they get here they usually wanna' do two things (in addition to school):

1. Shoot Guns
2. Smoke Marijuana

America is the symbol of Freedom and personal Liberty, and seeing as how Guns are tightly controlled and regulated and Marijuana (and any drug use) is a Terrible Social Taboo in Japan, that's just what they wanna' sample here.

Well I'm always happy to help them with the guns but they get a lecture on State Drug Laws from me about the Marijuana! :D

Right on freaking target!
Damn fun.
Great time at the range today.
Freaking place was packed.
Good to see so many Americans arming themselves. Great people. True Americans.

Pffft..... Wait till you fire one of these.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwW31u6wYvE]MG42 shooting quick burst - YouTube[/ame]

MG42, 8mm round, 1200 to 1800 rounds per min.

Right on freaking target!
Damn fun.
Great time at the range today.
Freaking place was packed.
Good to see so many Americans arming themselves. Great people. True Americans.

Got a new R 700, .308 on Saturday. Gave it a test run yesterday. damn that thing is accurate.

SM - I am sorry. $650 used - you are absolutely CORRECT with the 950-1250 new range. I had a "commemorative" 45 auto (inherited it) - gold accents, all that pretty shit. Was told first round I put through it - it would be pretty much "non collectable." Traded it to a dealer to a .45 that I could actually use. Always a 44 mag or 357 revolver guy - but this auto is amazing.... Love it. And pretty freaking accurate.

People talk about the 9mm and how ergonomic it's supposed to be and how it holds more rounds.

I think they feel kind of awkward to hold with minimal stopping power compared o a .45

Whereas, the 1911 feels like a perfect extension for your hand and the stopping power is second to none.
I agree with all of that. Replacing the 1911 with the Beretta was a pork barrel maneuver promoted by the Military Industrial Complex. The Colt .45 is the perfect military sidearm.

And based on all I've read and heard about the M-16 I think it was a mistake to replace the M-1 Garand, which is a reliable, powerful, deadly accurate infantry weapon.

I know the M-14 was a refinement over the M-1 but I don't like the idea of a box magazine. The M-1's 8 round clip can be reloaded in two seconds or less and as long as the shooter has clips he can keep shooting with minimal interruption. But when the shooter's last box magazine is empty in a firefight, what does he do?

General Patton called the M-1 the finest infantry weapon ever conceived (or words to that effect) and I've often heard it praised by WW-II veterans, including my father and two uncles. I've read and heard praise for it from Korea vets. A typical comment is, "It never fails you!"

Forum List

Back