15 years ago at this time right now

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I was in labor. It started at 6:00 am on July 4th,,,,my water broke and my ex hubby took me to the hospital. I was thinking I'd be having a Fourth of July baby!

17 hours later, still no baby.

She didn't come until 1:05 am on July 5th. I didn't know if I was going to have a boy or a girl, so it was such a great surprise when I saw my baby girl for the first time!

It was the happiest day of my life, and changed EVERYTHING.

Being a parent is the best blessing a person can have.

59 years ago on this date (4th of July) my mother went into labor with me. I didn't show up until 48 hours later. Seems I've been late for everything in my lifetime. My mother was surprised that I turned out to be such a wonderful, sweet, pretty baby that slept all night every night and never shit in my diapers. My Dad thought I was so bright he called me Sun. Perfect people like me, are usually perfect from birth... Just saying.

(Disclamer= 80% of what you just read is pure bullshit. The bullshit is highlighted in red.)

happy birthday, Mini Echo. I think I'll put Alex in my avatar now.

I was in labor. It started at 6:00 am on July 4th,,,,my water broke and my ex hubby took me to the hospital. I was thinking I'd be having a Fourth of July baby!

She didn't come until 1:05 am on July 5th. I didn't know if I was going to have a boy or a girl, so it was such a great surprise when I saw my baby girl for the first time!

Baby said 'fuck that, we gonna party for 2 days every year!'

Yes it is a blessing, ours was exciting for the first one,the wife's water broke when we were on 101 south heading to San Diego, what a trooper, the baby held off till we arrived at Scripps Memorial Hospital,our first of four, every year for four years,it was a boy,and oh joy,I am thinking one pair of jeans n sneaks til he grows out of them, this is great!

Second, a girl, oh shit, designer diapers, new shoes every 30 days and never the same jammies in a 7 day period.

Third, a boy, yeah! another pair of jeans n sneaks till he grows out of them, again!

fourth, a girl, oh shit, ditto number two, maybe if we can talk her into hand-me-downs, which didn't work btw, and an attitude, you'd think the 'queen of Sheba' was in the house.

Well that's it, they are all a blessing, and the best part, all the 'chit' we told them about when very young and they didn't believe,they believe. :clap2: unfortunately that wasn't 15 years ago, the reverse, 51

Last edited:
Having children is like handing somebody your heart and hoping that they won't break it.

It tends to make most of us better people, I think.

Or, sadly, it breaks some of us because while we were physically able to have children, we were emotionally, psycholgically or perhaps philosophically unprepared for the trails of parenthood.

15 years ago today I was sitting in Casa de Campo having lobster on the surf with Mark Farner and Carlos Santana.
That was before it got ruined by too many Murkins buying property there.

It gets better being a gran.

Forum List

Back